When are they coming out with some of the summer 2024 cruises?

Eli_6

Nothing is out on the Firenze.  Nothing is out on the Venezia for summer 2024.  Nothing is out for Europe summer 2024.  What is up? It seems like the only thing posted is Alaska, Carribean, and Australia.

I have an FCC that has an expiration date of 08/03/24. My plan after learning this was to apply it to my Europe sailing for this year, but the FCC is double the price of that sailing (because I went from a suite to a balcony...cruise is booked up so can't go up to a better room) and the fine print also says that you can only use it on one booking and it can't be used towards OBC or port fees. When I look at the sailings available currently, there isn't much that warrants using it...at least not when the kids are out of school.  I looked at the Greenland sailing, but frankly I don't really want to take a 2-week cruise with 8 sea days to spend two days in Greenland.  Some of the unique Journeys cruises or Hawaii are also during the school year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

Nothing is out on the Firenze.  Nothing is out on the Venezia for summer 2024.  Nothing is out for Europe summer 2024.  What is up? It seems like the only thing posted is Alaska, Carribean, and Australia.

I have an FCC that has an expiration date of 08/03/24. My plan after learning this was to apply it to my Europe sailing for this year, but the FCC is double the price of that sailing (because I went from a suite to a balcony...cruise is booked up so can't go up to a better room) and the fine print also says that you can only use it on one booking and it can't be used towards OBC or port fees. When I look at the sailings available currently, there isn't much that warrants using it...at least not when the kids are out of school.  I looked at the Greenland sailing, but frankly I don't really want to take a 2-week cruise with 8 sea days to spend two days in Greenland.  Some of the unique Journeys cruises or Hawaii are also during the school year. 

I haven't looked, is it just Firenze and Venezia not showing sailings?

30 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

I haven't looked, is it just Firenze and Venezia not showing sailings?

Venezia is only showing sailings until May 2024.  Firenze isn't showing any sailings.  Legend doesn't have sailings for summer 2024.  Not sure about some of the other ships. 

Edited by Eli_6
  • Thanks 1

John Heald's post on Facebook makes it sound like a Europe announcement is imminent:

"And finally for today ( there is more to come including whats happening in Europe in 2024) we have the gorgeous Carnival Sunrise."

Miracle's last Long Beach cruise is on 5/5/24, so Firenze could slide into Long Beach any time after that cruise ends on 5/8/24.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tidecat said:

John Heald's post on Facebook makes it sound like a Europe announcement is imminent:

"And finally for today ( there is more to come including whats happening in Europe in 2024) we have the gorgeous Carnival Sunrise."

Miracle's last Long Beach cruise is on 5/5/24, so Firenze could slide into Long Beach any time after that cruise ends on 5/8/24.

I hope so!  I don't think this will happen, but in my "dream world" they would let Firenze do the Europe sailings. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tidecat said:

I was hoping there would be an update today from him, but no such luck. It is almost 6 pm in England so I would have thought he would have posted today.  Still nothing on the website.

• Like 1

I am anxiously waiting here too. We have been on the Pride and Legend three times each and am really hoping one of the Italian ships go over to Europe summer 2024. Enjoyed London and Norway last summer on the Pride but planning on Greece for summer 2024 and hoping CCL announces their plans soon or I am looking to book at Royal Caribbean, but would prefer CCL. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 4:18 PM, Eli_6 said:

I hope so!  I don't think this will happen, but in my "dream world" they would let Firenze do the Europe sailings. 

Firenze was listed as cruising from Long Beach, so Europe is definitely out.  That being said, John Heald keeps saying it will be legendary, so I think that is a hint that it will be Legend cruising over there.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 2:53 PM, Eli_6 said:

I got annoyed waiting and ended up booking on another line for Europe 2024.  We wanted to book far ahead so we had plenty of time to pay it off and plan. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

Firenze was listed as cruising from Long Beach, so Europe is definitely out.  That being said, John Heald keeps saying it will be legendary, so I think that is a hint that it will be Legend cruising over there.

I was also wondering if Firenze might do a transatlantic or even around the tip of South america or if they will sail her empty to Long Beach.  She has to get there somehow...

Edited by Eli_6

8 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I was also wondering if Firenze might do a transatlantic or even around the tip of South America or if they will sail her empty to Long Beach.  She has to get there somehow...

Firenze is currently sailing in Brazil so the So America route seems likely.  

13 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

Firenze is currently sailing in Brazil so the So America route seems likely.  

It is going back to Europe before it goes into dry dock and then will dry dock in Europe.

I gave up, too.   A friend and I want to do a Norwegian fjords itinerary in 2024, and we just booked a Behemoth of the Seas.   We would prefer a ship of the size of the Legend, and we like the (usually) good value of Carnival.   But we wanted to settle our plans, and we have no indication of when Carnival will release those itineraries.   I wonder what's taking so long.   NCL has 2025 out!

By the way, I am also frustrated and disappointed that Carnival hasn't released any excursions whatsoever for 3 of the ports on my upcoming July Baltic and Great Britain b2b cruises.  Sometimes I explore independently, but that isn't always practical, and I at least like to see what the cruise line offers before finalizing my plans.  

Edited by Joanne G.
  • Like 2