World Cruise for 2025

Why do you think it might be this itin Pete? It's the one I voted for because I would love to do the Rio to Barcelona segment ( or Buenos Aires to Lis). Fingers crossed!

Did a futuredam deposit back in Dec.

Do to dog, can't do longer than a segment currently, but will be on a 2024 segment.

1 minute ago, Roz said:

I can't imagine 100+ days on the Zandaam. 😒

Actually its in better condition than Amsterdam was. And that was enjoyable for the GWC, even having to dodge the buckets and plumbing tape around the pipes on the Prominade. Keep in mind the activities and itinerary are more extensive on the GWC and the ship is just the vessel to exploring. Was nice, especially sea days on the old ocean liner. 

38 minutes ago, cccole said:

If this is the itinerary I think it is awesome.  I still like the 2020 itinerary the best but would consider this one. Cherie

Yes I wanted to finish 2020 so voted for "C". Oh well. We can wait another year. 😄

Wow!  Awesome itinerary. South Pole to North Pole....that's unique for sure.  Incredible. 

Ending June 7 in Port Everglades?.....And begs the question:  Where does a Holland America Line ship go next if it disembarks in JUNE in Port Everglades?!?!?  Has a HAL ship ever experienced June in South Florida?  Oh my. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Wow!  Awesome itinerary. South Pole to North Pole....that's unique for sure.  Incredible. 

Ending June 7 in Port Everglades?.....And begs the question:  Where does a Holland America Line ship go next if it disembarks in JUNE in Port Everglades?!?!?  Has a HAL ship ever experienced June in South Florida?  Oh my. 

Yes - actually! I was on the Maasdam - seven day milk run in  summer 2002 or 2003. Zuiderdam definitely in summer 2004.

15 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

You're kidding!  I would rather be in S. Florida, near either the Gulf or the ocean, then anywhere Tallahassee, or other areas of N Florida.

18 minutes ago, WriterOnDeck said:

Smaller ships have many more port options. EG downtown Shanghai rather than out a hour at an industrial port. Bora Bora. etc.

But you have to pay for a suite to get a balcony.  Hard pass on that ship. I dont mind small but need a balcony.  

10 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

But you have to pay for a suite to get a balcony.  Hard pass on that ship. I dont mind small but need a balcony.  

Your comment makes no sense to me.  So, it is called a Verandah Suites.  Would you feel better if were called simply, a "balcony?"  Because it is not actually a suite; it is a cabin with a balcony.  And because it has  a balcony, it cost more than a cabin without one.   And, BTW, the Zaandam's balconies are a little larger than the balcony cabins on the newer ships.  The Zaandam is the best sized ship that HAL has for world cruises because it can get into many ports that the larger ships cannot.  I am relieved that HAL may be using the Zaandam on the '25 WC.  The Zuiderdam was not the ship most favored for world cruises.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

Your comment makes no sense to me.  So, it is called a Verandah Suites.  Would you feel better if were called simply, a "balcony?"  Because it is not actually a suite; it is a cabin with a balcony.  And because it has  a balcony, it cost more than a cabin without one.   And, BTW, the Zaandam's balconies are a little larger than the balcony cabins on the newer ships.  The Zaandam is the best sized ship that HAL has for world cruises because it can get into many ports that the larger ships cannot.  I am relieved that HAL may be using the Zaandam on the '25 WC.  The Zuiderdam was not the ship most favored for world cruises.

I find their pricing seems to be closer to the suite pricing rather than balcony pricing on the larger ships.  Case in point, 7 day Alaska, close itinerary, both into glacier bay. Koningsdam is $500 pp cheaper for a balcony than Zaandam.  Over a world cruise, it’s a pretty big price difference.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

You're kidding!  I would rather be in S. Florida, near either the Gulf or the ocean, then anywhere Tallahassee, or other areas of N Florida.

My reference was more about HAL sailing out of Florida during the summer.....That's very unusual for HAL....one poster referenced HAL did that back in the beginning of this century.

And as a native Floridian,  I love all of the free state of Florida all the time........even South Florida LOL!

(My apology if I came off slamming my homeland....not my intent at all...just referencing something unusual for Florida....a HAL ship in June....somewhat similar to seeing a snowbird in June...rare sighting)