Aqua Class Room Service changes?

Chemgoddess1

I would agree that folks who purchased Aqua rooms before the room service fee was added should be compensated somehow.  If having an expanded room service menu was a perk that compelled someone to pay extra for Aqua, they should be entitled to at least have the room service charges wiped out for these bookings.  I supposed the same could be said for Concierge.  Also, is the Aqua room service menu even expanded for breakfast now?  I swear a saw a photo from someone in a regular cabin with a breakfast room service door hanger that listed what looked like everything available (with the added fee) for breakfast.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

I would agree that folks who purchased Aqua rooms before the room service fee was added should be compensated somehow.  If having an expanded room service menu was a perk that compelled someone to pay extra for Aqua, they should be entitled to at least have the room service charges wiped out for these bookings.  I supposed the same could be said for Concierge.  Also, is the Aqua room service menu even expanded for breakfast now?  I swear a saw a photo from someone in a regular cabin with a breakfast room service door hanger that listed what looked like everything available (with the added fee) for breakfast.

We are on the Summit soon and the app shows 3 RS menus, 
Room Service

Room Service Aqua

Room Service Suite

There are differences between the regular room service menu and the AQ room service menu for breakfast.  Some noted in post #16.

16 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We are on the Summit soon and the app shows 3 RS menus, 
Room Service

Room Service Aqua

Room Service Suite

There are differences between the regular room service menu and the AQ room service menu for breakfast.  Some noted in post #16.

I'm seeing that now.  Thank you.

The fact that the differences between the regular room service menu and the Aqua are barely noticeable (for breakfast at least) makes it hard to qualify it as "expanded".  I don't think you are truly limited to what you see on the menu anyways, especially now that there is a charge for anything beyond continental for breakfast.  I was in a regular balcony in December and was able to write in eggs benedict to see if they'd accommodate and it was delivered without issue.  That item is only listed in the Retreat breakfast menu.

2 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

I'm seeing that now.  Thank you.

The fact that the differences between the regular room service menu and the Aqua are barely noticeable (for breakfast at least) makes it hard to qualify it as "expanded".  I don't think you are truly limited to what you see on the menu anyways, especially now that there is a charge for anything beyond continental for breakfast.  I was in a regular balcony in December and was able to write in eggs benedict to see if they'd accommodate and it was delivered without issue.  That item is only listed in the Retreat breakfast menu.

Quite a few other posts about any non-room service menu request being flat turned down.

5 minutes ago, manmachine said:

Yes, that is what I had read.  It also seems some of these things MAY be getting rolled back.

I saw that as well.  It was never really advertised, as far as I'm aware, that the MDR meals could be delivered for room service, so I'm not surprised they pulled that back during this last batch of cutbacks.

I recall reading in someone's post that the exec office will collect feedback and reconvene 6 months down the road.  We'll see

36 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

I saw that as well.  It was never really advertised, as far as I'm aware, that the MDR meals could be delivered for room service, so I'm not surprised they pulled that back during this last batch of cutbacks.

I recall reading in someone's post that the exec office will collect feedback and reconvene 6 months down the road.  We'll see

I hope so.  I moved over to Celebrity some years back after seeing Carnival cut, cut, cut, cut, cut and it is so aggravating to see the same stuff start here.  

Edited by manmachine

Found this on a video that was recently on YT, for those that may be interested in what is “free” and what has a service charge. This is what I was seeking as the app does not tell you what is and is not included. These are screen shots from a video so may not have the best clarity. 

51B018AD-5124-42B9-A566-83CF7A78C5E3.png

AEB7EDAB-289D-4745-81EB-5A72EB285AD8.png

644E09C2-DFD8-4663-8CDF-3752403C8B6C.png

6 minutes ago, capsplace said:

Does the service charge happen with each order?  Or is it a one time charge?

It is charged every time something is delivered to your cabin. If you both order RS breakfast it would be just the one $9.95 +18% tip charge. The continental breakfast is no charge for delivery, but if you order anything else like eggs or sides with it you would be charged.

10 minutes ago, capsplace said:

Does the service charge happen with each order?  Or is it a one time charge?

Each order.  So if you order lunch there is a charge, dinner another charge, late night snack a 3 rd charge

21 minutes ago, capsplace said:

Geez.  When did this go into effect?  Funny, just the other day I read an article about free things on a cruise ship….room service was one of them.  

Went into effect with all cruises departing after Jan 1st this year. Was just talking to my TA today and she told RCL is doing the same with RS.  She said she is getting a lot of unhappy customer calls over this. Her company is having a big meeting with Celebrity and Royal next week about all of these changes and huge price increasing's.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everyone should order continental breakfast everyday.. each and every day

nibble away @ some of it and go to Blue or wherever for the full meal deal after 

it is frustrating to see this change.. charge $2.99 most people will still not use it.  Their goal is to totally stop room service due to staff shortages, having to pick up the dirty dishes as well

i have not been able to find if my afternoon canapés I get in aqua class are also gone .. or are they charging for the, as well now. 

Blanche998, afternoon canapes are still delivered free for Aqua Class. May have to let your attendant know that you want the afternoon canapes.

Same for the sparkling wine in Aqua Class first day, if you want it have to ask for it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2023 at 3:08 AM, manmachine said:

Want to bet?  And I do mean that.  100%.

Agreed. Amex has always approved & refunded every single chargeback I filed.

I'm almost tempted to order an apple every single day and dispute the total amount. This was booked well in advance of the announcement that room service would suddenly cost money.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2023 at 1:08 PM, manmachine said:

Want to bet?  And I do mean that.  100%.

And since Celebrity never had the forthrightness to answer my email— sent on 1/9 then a reminder last Thursday— I have disputed $70.00 because my dining package credits were not applied to Sushi on 5; $28.00 miscellaneous charge that was never explained to me; $9.95 for room service fee that was sprung on us with no warning.  I have provided all documentation with it— including the free room service promised as part of Aqua and a letter from Blue Chip telling me the dining credits were worth $35.00 each at Sushi on 5.

it’s the principal.  Plus the $100+ in charges.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 1:06 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Here’s a question I haven’t heard answered, during breakfast can you CALL room service and order continental items without a fee or is it only free if you use the door hanger?

You can order either way without a fee.

• Thanks 1