Aqua Class Room Service changes?

Chemgoddess1

39 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The menu is available on the app.  

No, it is not. A “general” menu is on the app but it is exactly the same as the regular menu. Aqua has ALWAYS had a different menu in the cabins. 

Edited by Chemgoddess1

17 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I was told on one of these boards being in aqua class I have to pay the $10. charge, is this true or not?

The $10 is on items outside of the continental breakfast which is mainly coffee/tea/juice, fruits and pastries. Aqua uses to be completely free, even late night hours. 

• Like 1

Sailed in Aqua NYE.  Left port with free Aqua room service.  Day two, 1/1:  charge for Aqua room service implemented. 

I wrote Celebrity disputing our single room service charge.

Edited by manmachine
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Chemgoddess1 said:

No, it is not. A “general” menu is on the app but it is exactly the same as the regular menu. Aqua has ALWAYS had a different menu in the cabins. 

My app has room service menus for Aqua and Suites as well as the general room service menu. 

1 hour ago, Chemgoddess1 said:

There are 3 different Room Service Menus on the app.

90E2F91D-C865-4176-AA49-3AAF7FDD15CB.thumb.png.db10ea5481a1f20b9ecf857ab17a088b.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

My app has room service menus for Aqua and Suites as well as the general room service menu. 

My app for our June Equinox cruise shows all 3 menus but Aqua will now have to pay the new RS charge that became effective on all cruises departing after January 1 this year. It stinks for those who booked Aqua before but like so many other changes it is reality.

4 minutes ago, Chemgoddess1 said:

Look at the offerings between aqua and the regular menu…..they are exactly the same. I asked for something specific and am aware of that the app shows. 

They are very different on the app for me...

Take a look at the current Equinox sailing on the app and you should see some clear differences...

2 hours ago, manmachine said:

Sailed in Aqua NYE.  Left port with free Aqua room service.  Day two, 1/1:  charge for Aqua room service implemented. 

I wrote Celebrity disputing our single room service charge.

Did you dispute it on the ship?  I know they announced the lobster charge was starting on specific sailing dates of each ship after 1/1.

I agree if you sailed on 1/31 you shouldn't have any charges for the complete sailing.

16 minutes ago, Chemgoddess1 said:

Look at the offerings between aqua and the regular menu…..they are exactly the same. I asked for something specific and am aware of that the app shows. 

I did look at both menus and here are some of the specific differences ;  Aqua has Premium OJ, 4 types of Smoothies, granola berry parfait and oatmeal.  If your app isn’t showing the correct menu select a different ship.  The Summit is showing the different menus. 

2 hours ago, Chemgoddess1 said:

The hard copy in the Aqua cabins also offers the Beyond Burger and fries. I finally tried it and really liked it. I’m glad I tried it (free in October!) from room service instead of at dinner  in Blu as it was deliciously juicy and messy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebutlerdidit said:

The hard copy in the Aqua cabins also offers the Beyond Burger and fries. I finally tried it and really liked it. I’m glad I tried it (free in October!) from room service instead of at dinner  in Blu as it was deliciously juicy and messy. 

On the Reflection last year my sister tried the beyond burger and it gave her the Mexico quick step for 2 days.😇

Edited by terrydtx
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, terrydtx said:

My app for our June Equinox cruise shows all 3 menus but Aqua will now have to pay the new RS charge that became effective on all cruises departing after January 1 this year. It stinks for those who booked Aqua before but like so many other changes it is reality.

True but that doesn't make it right for the changes after people made Final payment!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bucket List Ticked said:

I note there are a few dishes (such as steak) on the Luminae room service menu for the current Equinox cruise with a price listed by it - does that mean there’s a supplement to order it on room service?

Thanks!

Yes there are a couple of a starters and entrees that have an added cost for Suites room service. This was the case for our Retreat cruises since 2021.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bucket List Ticked said:

I note there are a few dishes (such as steak) on the Luminae room service menu for the current Equinox cruise with a price listed by it - does that mean there’s a supplement to order it on room service?

Thanks!

Yes there have been a couple of items on the room service menu for quite awhile, long before the addition of the delivery fee.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 39august said:

Please keep us apprised of the outcome. Since you booked when room service was free, in my opinion, you should have had that perk the entire cruise. 

Agreed.  Not too worried.  If they don’t email back by end of the month I will dispute with AMEX.