Did the steakhouse menu change?

Eli_6

I was looking on a website (prof cruise) that purported to have the 2023 menus for all of the Carnival eateries.  We went to the Steakhouse on 2 of our last 3 cruises in 2022 and I could have sworn that I got a wagyu beef steak but that is no longer on the menu.  Additionally, my husband and I ordered the dessert as art and it also is no longer on the menu.   Is the 3rd party website wrong or has the menu changed? 

3 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Yep, the menu has definitely changed.  One thing of note: no more wasabi mashed potatoes.🙁  And, am I misremembering  or is the lobster no longer specifically listed as Maine lobster?

It did used to be specifically called out as Maine lobster, you're correct. It would be such a travesty if Carnival is trying to sell those tough spiny lobsters in the steakhouse.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

When I had it, it was really good. 

We got it on the recommendation of a friend who also had a good meal. Idk but every time I’ve gotten something other than the fillet I was not happy. 

Edited by AtSeaWithChris

17 minutes ago, cruiser4305 said:

Are they still limiting lobster tails to five per guest (no, we don't eat the sides too)?

Well, you only get one entree anyway in the steakhouse. I think in the MDR, they charge you after two.  But it is only like $5 for an extra entree.  They don't charge if you order more than two appetizers, though, in the MDR. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

AS I recall, the lobster bisque on the menu is listed as MAINE Lobster Bisque which would be a neat trick without MAINE lobsters, most of which are really CANADIAN, AFAIK.

How can you tell where the lobster was born? Was he carrying a little hockey stick?

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

9 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

AS I recall, the lobster bisque on the menu is listed as MAINE Lobster Bisque which would be a neat trick without MAINE lobsters, most of which are really CANADIAN, AFAIK.

Sort of like German Stainless Steel...

Tom

This is the menu I found on Carnival’s site- it show the wasabi mashed potatoes and for the surf and turf it says Maine lobster….

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/steakhouse-menu.pdf
we will be on the Pride Saturday, and eating at the steakhouse the first night, so I will find out!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, FloridaMomKW said:

This is the menu I found on Carnival’s site- it show the wasabi mashed potatoes and for the surf and turf it says Maine lobster….

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/steakhouse-menu.pdf
we will be on the Pride Saturday, and eating at the steakhouse the first night, so I will find out!

That's the old menu - Carnival just hasn't updated that page.

Tom

• Like 2

Waaaay back in the day, the spinach salad came with pickled oyster mushrooms, and they really made the dish. I had not encountered them previously, but definitely missed them after they went *poof*.

As an aside, givien enough head's up to the chef, they magically reappear. Of course, it helps if that's where you're enjoying dinner virtually every night!

Tom

20 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

Yep, the menu has definitely changed.  One thing of note: no more wasabi mashed potatoes.🙁  And, am I misremembering  or is the lobster no longer specifically listed as Maine lobster?

We were on Horizon last week and ate in The Steakhouse. We both ordered Filet and Lobster. Lobster smelled strongly of bleach, which means it was bad or on it's way. It also looked no different that Dining Room other than it was grilled. We were asked if we wanted another one and that would be a big fat NO!

Edited by RenoNanaOz
  • Thanks 1