Theme parties and formal nights on 10 day Princess cruises?

Kallen

1 hour ago, chrysalis said:

We are on the enchanted princess now doing those same 10 day cruises....

We have 1 "formal night", 1 "tropical night" and one "white and gold".

interesting! We have a ten day on Enchanted coming up in a few weeks.  Any idea what the tropical night entails? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fa-Li said:

interesting! We have a ten day on Enchanted coming up in a few weeks.  Any idea what the tropical night entails? 

Just a tropical shirt & shorts (if you prefer) for the dining room. The waiters all had tropical design shirts on.

Most people just had casual clothing & it didn't appear to be much different then any other night. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Kallen said:

Booked 10 day Eastern on Enchanted for Feb 26, 2024.  Does anyone know if formal nights are taking place?  Themed deck parties?

Before you leave, the JourneyView portion of the App will show the schedule for formal/themed events. At least it did for ours.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 2:47 PM, Kallen said:

Booked 10 day Eastern on Enchanted for Feb 26, 2024.  Does anyone know if formal nights are taking place?  Themed deck parties?

Best guess is Feb 28, 2024 and Mar 5, 2024. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

Before you leave, the JourneyView portion of the App will show the schedule for formal/themed events. At least it did for ours.

We are on the Caribbean next month. So far I can spot 2 possible formal nights out of 10, but not much else. 28 days out. I wonder if we will see tropical 🌴. I have loads of appropriate shirts. 

• Like 1

Thank you all!  Guess I need to pack accordingly although I have my sparkly dress all picked out already so it is really the deck party thing I need to consider.  I did love Island Night on the Emerald.

On 1/31/2023 at 1:47 PM, Kallen said:

Booked 10 day Eastern on Enchanted for Feb 26, 2024.  Does anyone know if formal nights are taking place? 

There will be two formal evenings on a 10 day cruise.

One of the two might be called "dress to impress."

• 9 months later...
21 minutes ago, cruisingschool said:

How did you find out the themes?

You won't know for sure until you check the patter on the ship the first day. Anything else is a guess, but sometimes you can get a patter from a current cruise on that ship and it might give you some idea. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cruisingschool said:

How did you find out the themes?

In the Caribbean there is normally a deck party. Number of formal nights is shown in the Travel Summary. There might be a White & Gold Night.

Many passengers attending the deck party wear some sort of tropical attire like tropical shirts. Passengers tend to wear this type of clothing anyway.

Very few, if any, passengers dress for the white & gold night event. The same is true if there are other themed events. Passengers just don't dress for them.

Formal nights. That's a whole other story. There are 10's of thousands of postings here on cruise critic regarding formal wear on formal night.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1