Breakaway Balcony-Robe on request?

like2cruise

16 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Don't know but  you should understand that these robes, if available, only come in three sizes, small, x-small, and xx-small.  If none of those work for  you, bring your own, like I do.

Thanks RocketMan275...that is opposite of typical robes, but I appreciate your reply.  I am going to pack one...just in case they say no!  Never have had an issue, but cutbacks-cutbacks-cutbacks!

7 minutes ago, like2cruise said:

Thanks RocketMan275...that is opposite of typical robes, but I appreciate your reply.  I am going to pack one...just in case they say no!  Never have had an issue, but cutbacks-cutbacks-cutbacks!

We were on the Breakaway mid-January.  No robe in the room (and we never did meet our room steward).  However, I guess if we had left a note, we might have been able to get a robe.

Thankfully, robes aren't an issue for us.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Don't know but  you should understand that these robes, if available, only come in three sizes, small, x-small, and xx-small.  If none of those work for  you, bring your own, like I do.

We were in the Haven on the Bliss and I asked for a larger robe, what they gave me was hysterically large, I could wrap it around myself two times. 

• Like 1

Once upon a time on NCL, 2 bath robes and 2 pairs of disposable slippers were standard in balconies & higher cabins, along with coffee makers & other bath amenities - eroded and faded away, that was well before the current tagline of "Sail & Sustain" theme when NCLH was up in the $50'ish range.  I supposed, it should be available upon request for the basic one-size-fit-all waffle ones, whereas for suites & Haven, the plushier & thicker cotton ones are automatically ... 

Believe it, actually seen a few pax hanging out in the atrium lobby several years ago as in, OMG.  

Silk ones preferred here 😁 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, like2cruise said:

Headed out tomorrow for Breakaway and finalizing my packing...anyone with recent experience know if in a balcony, are robes available on request for this room category?  Thanks in advance!

We were in a regular balcony cabin on the Joy in November, and we asked for robes.  They used to be in the closet on all past cruises on the Gem, Breakaway, etc.  We were told robes were now only available in club balcony suites and higher.

Our cabin steward eventually did get us robes, but don't count on them.

40 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL's one size does not fit all... or at least doesn't fit me 🙂 

Arrrrh, left out the emoji for the tongue-in-cheek face, let's fixed my response to "one size mostly fit nearly all"   

I'm with you that doesn't fit me either, not close or about 2 sizes smaller, LOL.  Ditto for the slippers, no matter how nice they looked ... including the ones from Haven that they sometimes get for me - doesn't fit me either - size 13 or even size 12 ... can't see how these two once "givens" are useful to about 1/4 to 1/3 of the passenger mix on any given sailing.  

Travel with my own slippers & usually don't bother with a silk robe at all, and DW is now known to "steal" my slippers to get into the bathroom ... especially after last March's mini kiddie pool incident on the Getaway with the water reversed flowing out of the floor drain, she nearly step right into it, had it not for her quick reaction.  A big mess for the room steward to clean up & sanitize about 3 hours later after engineering finally responded after repeated calls to Guest Services & Housekeeping ... at least it wasn't "black" water, we think.   

16 hours ago, fastpitchdad said:

We were in the Haven on the Bliss and I asked for a larger robe, what they gave me was hysterically large, I could wrap it around myself two times. 

What a great problem to have! I bring my own, lest my (almost) entire belly protrudes from the crisp white material. I'd sure be a site (yes, the spelling is correct) to see waddling around in that thing! Alas, I save everyone some considerable giggles by bringing my own. 

We were on the Breakaway in December in an inside.

left a note on the bed requesting a coffee machine and robes, both were delivered same day.

The robes were plush material not the normal waffle and one size fits all, and they were absolutely massive.

• Like 1

We were in a BA balcony on the Breakaway in December.    We did not have robes in our room the first day and housekeeping said they would be delivered later in the evening.  Delay is in the drying time of the robes.  We have often found that to be the case on lines with very heavy robes.

we received our robes, along with the requested coffee maker that evening.  The robes are a nicer style than they had been.  Not the waffle weave fabric, but a more plush robe.  Although they are not the super heavy ones like Carnival has.

I was not told anything about restricting them to club balconies only, but as we are Diamond that may have been reason.

I have also found that since the restart and with so many new, or newish stewards they do not always have the correct answer.  One day our steward left us only decaf coffee and he told us that all the regular coffee was gone and only decaf remained.  Later that day another steward, who had overheard our hallway conversation with our steward dropped off a pile of regular coffee for us.  He said many of the new guys (ours was on his first week ever) get inaccurate information, or misunderstand information and as such relay that to cruisers.

If you get an answer that doesn’t sound right, follow up with a higher up.  One of the beauties of the CC meet n greet is when the officers give you contact numbers for each of department heads.  So nice to have a reliable source for information.

• Like 1