Thoughts on a Casita - Sea day Oasis?

pittnh

hefty price but it mentions you get 2 complimentary drinks.  Thinking it might be worth it not to have the stress of looking for deck chairs, although I've never usually had an issue finding some together.  I assume you can come and go throughout the day as you please?

On our two cruises last year (Odyssey and Harmony) I rarely saw them being used, or even rented. Yes, you can come and go from them as you wish for however long you have it reserved. Have you seen photos of them? I personally don't think they look that comfortable, and they are not private or away from everyone else really. There are regular deck chairs nearby and they are not enclosed in any way.

I agree the price is hefty, especially for what you get.

• Like 1

We are currently on Odyssey. We got a  casita for every sea day and were lucky enough to score Casita 1 right on the main pool area near the kids area.  When you book every sea day, you get the same one each day.  The lounger is padded and much larger & more comfortable (padded/roomy) than the regular loungers. You get an ice chest w/ice and 4 waters, a lockbox and while not enclosed with solid privacy curtains you have good  space without a body right next to you. You have a call button to call your waiter whenever you need a drink. For this location, it was 100% worth it for us. We are loving it. No rush to get to the pool area to reserve a chair and no worries to leave your casita for periods of time. As always, whether it’s worth it to you is a personal decision, but we would do it again. It’s not for everyone, but definitely for us.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, buffalogal16623 said:

We are currently on Odyssey. We got a  casita for every sea day and were lucky enough to score Casita 1 right on the main pool area near the kids area.  When you book every sea day, you get the same one each day.  The lounger is padded and much larger & more comfortable (padded/roomy) than the regular loungers. You get an ice chest w/ice and 4 waters, a lockbox and while not enclosed with solid privacy curtains you have good  space without a body right next to you. You have a call button to call your waiter whenever you need a drink. For this location, it was 100% worth it for us. We are loving it. No rush to get to the pool area to reserve a chair and no worries to leave your casita for periods of time. As always, whether it’s worth it to you is a personal decision, but we would do it again. It’s not for everyone, but definitely for us.

I'm not the type that likes to worry about having to find chairs on a sea day.  Would like to have a nice relaxing breakfast in the morning not having to worry about it.  But is it worth the $200 when in all probability I find chairs at a good location anyways 😄.  And by good location I mean 2-4 together, doesn't even have to be in the front row of the pool

23 minutes ago, nimbex1970 said:

No refunds.  

I got a refund for mine.  Twice.  Stormy sailing and they had to shut down the pool area by about noon both days that I had them reserved. The refund was OBC, but the OBC was refundable if I didn't use it all.  

• Like 1

Far too much foot traffic, in my opinion.  They are a bit of an eye sore too and take away from the ships ascetics, but they the generate Revenue so ..

Lots of other great places on the ship if you want shade and be outdoors for free.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Casitas are worth $ 73.75 for a day.  Of course, they aren’t being rented for that price, see guest services.  On the Navigator, bring some chalk for announcing that the King and Queen of Piglatinia will be holding court. But brush up on your Latin before your cruise. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, bayportkat said:

Wondering if anyone has a map of the casita locations on Oasis?  I love the concept but would want one by the pools to be able to keep an eye on my son.  If it is a deck above, it would be useless to me.  Thanks!

Above the pools

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

We were on Oasis a few weeks ago and almost did it for our scheduled San Juan stop.  Our opinion was we were so glad we didnt do it.  Most were not used and we didnt feel they are placed in very good spots.  More negatives than positives for us.  Sea days were more filled but foot traffic seemed a problem.  At one spot we saw a "drink vender" camped out for quite some time serving drinks right at their Casita.  Just our observation and opinion.

We reserved one recently on our Odyssey cruise. We had one right next to the main pool and bar area. imo, i didn't really love it and would have maybe preferred one on upper deck, away from the crowds and noise. i felt like we were in a fishbowl....and kind of had to keep people from encroaching on our area. Not trying to be the queen of sheba, but we did PAY for that space?!?

I don't think i'd do it again unless traveling with kids maybe.