Chic evenings on Reflection - East Caribbean

TheCount

I say get rid of all of that chic / formal business. So many people no longer follow it anyway. That’s one thing I love about Viking. Dress is the same every night. Essentially smart casual. No photographers ever. Probably cause it’s largely older folks that have more than enough pics from previous cruises on other lines. 

• Like 1

Chic nights?  I have asked many times. Nobody knows what is expected.  On last X cruise, people wore wide array of clothing from dressy to sadly slovenly.  Many people wore shorts in MDR including chic night. Since nobody is told to leave, the new dress code is wear whatever you want.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

I say get rid of all of that chic / formal business. So many people no longer follow it anyway. That’s one thing I love about Viking. Dress is the same every night. Essentially smart casual. No photographers ever. Probably cause it’s largely older folks that have more than enough pics from previous cruises on other lines. 

I agree, it does seem to be an outdated event. I do not even own a suite or sport coat, got rid of them all after retirement in 2020.  On a Celebrity cruise I do wear a nice button up or Hawaiian style Tommy Bahama shirt and long pants every night. 

I just realized these dress code comments are going to turn this into another never ending dress code thread, oh crap!🤢

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Since nobody is told to leave, the new dress code is wear whatever you want.  

It pretty much has come to that, which is why I suggested that they maybe institute a smart casual (or similar) policy for all nights. People will still wear whatever they want anyway  😀

On 2/4/2023 at 9:52 AM, OnTheJourney said:

Over the the years we have observed many guests of different ages on X cruises who continue to “dress up” for dinner. They probably have different reasons, perhaps celebrating a special occasion or that’s what they do every night at home. 😉

Everyone has the choice to dress as they please, no reason to “get rid” of anything.

It’s nice to hear that you love Viking, they are not our cup of tea. 

• Like 1

Instead of guessing.   The easiest way is go to Celebrity App -   Daily Planner and look at 5PM.   YOu will  see either Chic Night or Chic Night Photos.

For Feb 5 Cruise - East Caribbean (should be same for all East Caribbean)

Day 2 and Day 6

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Instead of guessing.   The easiest way is go to Celebrity App -   Daily Planner and look at 5PM.   YOu will  see either Chic Night or Chic Night Photos.

For Feb 5 Cruise - East Caribbean (should be same for all East Caribbean)

Day 2 and Day 6

Thank you.

This has assisted in planning.

On 2/4/2023 at 10:54 AM, Redtravel said:

Chic nights?  I have asked many times. Nobody knows what is expected.  On last X cruise, people wore wide array of clothing from dressy to sadly slovenly.  Many people wore shorts in MDR including chic night. Since nobody is told to leave, the new dress code is wear whatever you want.  

I agree.

I went on my first Celebrity cruise 2 months ago and I really felt out of place during Chic night because I was the only with dress pants, shirt & jacket, almost no one else dressed up, most other men were in collar t-shirts. 

On 2/5/2023 at 8:57 AM, terrydtx said:

I agree, it does seem to be an outdated event. I do not even own a suite or sport coat, got rid of them all after retirement in 2020.  On a Celebrity cruise I do wear a nice button up or Hawaiian style Tommy Bahama shirt and long pants every night. 

I just realized these dress code comments are going to turn this into another never ending dress code thread, oh crap!🤢

Here we go!!!