Equinox Review mostly some pictures

Trish Traveler

Thanks for the review and pictures.  We got off the Equinox Jan 30th after 9 days too.  Great cruise and great ship.  We missed Aruba but stopped at Nassau (meh) and then GC, Curacao and Bonaire.  We liked Bonaire the best! 

Thank you for your review - we’ve just booked our first Carnival cruise for the Western Med in October 2024… I know it’s 18+ months away but I’ve started looking at videos and reviews already so I’ve really enjoyed reading your thoughts and seeing your photos (not the same destinations I know, but it still gives a feeling for the ship) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 12:18 AM, TXGREG said:

We will be on the same 9 day cruise on Equinox in early May. Any recommendations on staff; Favorite bartender, wait staff, etc?

TIA

Sorry I didn't respond sooner.  For MDR we had Celebrity Select Dining and ate at various times each night with reservations.  Generally, they try to keep you in the same section with the same wait staff if possible.  But since we varied times it wasn't always possible.  We did however have two great teams many of the nights that were wonderful:  Sasparinga & Agness, and Ashish & NiNengah in the MDR.  And Samyle was terrific as our sommelier.  As far as bartenders, all were good.  We visited many of the bars and had great service. We don't hang at a particular bar, so I can't give any specific bartender recommendations.

Overall the crew was fantastic and hardworking.  Have a great cruise!

Cruise till you drop, that is the same itinerary we will have for our cruise on the 27th.

Looking forward to all the islands as they will be new to us.

Edited by boxkite
changed island to islands
  • Like 2

On 2/4/2023 at 10:38 PM, mamaday said:

We also were on Equinox January 12-21.  Ready to go again.  Thanks for the lovely pictures as we did not take many.  

we were on that too!     DH did the land sailing in Bonaire and loved it

On 2/17/2023 at 2:49 PM, Trish Traveler said:

Sorry I didn't respond sooner.  For MDR we had Celebrity Select Dining and ate at various times each night with reservations.  Generally, they try to keep you in the same section with the same wait staff if possible.  But since we varied times it wasn't always possible.  We did however have two great teams many of the nights that were wonderful:  Sasparinga & Agness, and Ashish & NiNengah in the MDR.  And Samyle was terrific as our sommelier.  As far as bartenders, all were good.  We visited many of the bars and had great service. We don't hang at a particular bar, so I can't give any specific bartender recommendations.

Overall the crew was fantastic and hardworking.  Have a great cruise!

Thank you! 

Great pics.  Thank you for sharing.  We first did this itinerary on Equinox back in 2018.  It was a 10-night and included Key West.  We loved it so much we went back to the ABCs on a 9-night on Equinox in 2021.  No Key West or Grand Cayman, but we picked up Nassau on that one.

On 2/17/2023 at 9:02 PM, Cruise till you drop said:

Great pics and thanks for the reviews.

We sail on the Equinox on a great itinerary in Jan 2024 and stopping at 

Antigua 

Martinique 

St Lucia

Barbados 

St Kitts

We did that itinerary last year - if you like music and a drink try the party bus excursion in St Lucia if it’s still available. What a day that was - still giggle recalling it.

Edited by C4HCG

We were on the Equinox last May, 9 day ABC's.  So excited to be sailing on her again April 24th..10 day.  While nothing is ever perfect, the ship is beautiful, activities as busy as you want to be and the food was fine....I feel as long as I don't have to cook or clean up I am happy!

• Like 2