Dr Seuss Breakfast

JenCruise710

Did you check all the days of the cruise? When you click on the Select Date and Time button all the days of your cruise will show up but all of them will be grayed out except for the last sea day which is the only day the breakfast will be available. 

I thought the same thing about my June cruise. I kept checking for that last sea day, when it is offered, and it still said "sold out". I had a large group to book (kids and grandkids included with hubby and me). When  I played with the numbers, I was suddenly able to book it! I booked us in two smaller groups,  and it went through. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pcvtmom said:

I thought the same thing about my June cruise. I kept checking for that last sea day, when it is offered, and it still said "sold out". I had a large group to book (kids and grandkids included with hubby and me). When  I played with the numbers, I was suddenly able to book it! I booked us in two smaller groups,  and it went through. 

Glad to hear you got it to go threw. I have been trying on Venezia ever sense they swapped the ship from Magic for June out of NY. Has said Sold Out and you cant even see different days.

On 2/5/2023 at 1:19 PM, pcvtmom said:

Where you able to sit together or near each other?  We have 12 going and would like to be together.   Thank in advance

4 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

Did you guys check the drop down for the last sea day on the reservation? I think it’s only offered on the one day. 

there is no drop down, no dates, no option to even see the days or make a reservation. Just a page with the info about the Suess breakfast. Seems like just a place holder for when they have the days and times set to sell.

55 minutes ago, d-train said:

there is no drop down, no dates, no option to even see the days or make a reservation. Just a page with the info about the Suess breakfast. Seems like just a place holder for when they have the days and times set to sell.

I bet that’s what it is then! I bet the booking isn’t open yet. When I went to my June 2024 booking just to look, we don’t have anything listed at all under specialty dining. 

10 hours ago, d-train said:

Same with my June 2023 Venezia sailing No Drop down. Will have to try to book once on ship i guess.

14 hours ago, momof4boys said:

Where you able to sit together or near each other?  We have 12 going and would like to be together.   Thank in advance

We don't go until June. I'm thinking we'll sit together, though. We've had tables to accommodate 12 in the MDR before. 

On 2/6/2023 at 8:25 PM, kelkel2 said:

I bet that’s what it is then! I bet the booking isn’t open yet. When I went to my June 2024 booking just to look, we don’t have anything listed at all under specialty dining. 

Our cruise is mid July and have been scheduled for the breakfast since mid December.   It sold out the first day.   I imagine it is just sold out.  

Funny thing - So I just looked again at reservations for speciality restaurants

on Celebration in July 2024 - now everything is missing...LOL!

So, I bet, just place holders, and they still have to actually schedule that sailing.

It is probably to far into the future...

Pre-pandemic cruise mess, there was a table set up right as you boarded and you signed up then for the Dr Seuss Breakfast.  Do we really need to book that in advance?  Dang!  It is not showing up as a specialty restaurant option for our July '23 cruise.  I only see the Steakhouse and the Chef's Table options.

There are some cruise lines where you have to rush and book all your shows and dining before you even start packing for the cruise. Until now I've appreciated that Carnival has NOT gone down that path. There is a happy medium between long lines in the moment and making people camp out on an app or website before vacation to register for things (as Disney guests are well acquainted with). I think for the most part Carnival does a good job finding that happy medium.

They only have a certain percentage available for pre booking and the rest will be open to book on ship. Look for the sign up table when you board or call the dining services? extension from your phone in your cabin. They usually do two seatings one day only. One at 8:30 and one at 9:45. Last October they said it was sold out, but I called and got us in for the second seating (which was too late in my opinion but better than not at all) 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 10:16 AM, JenCruise710 said:

We booked the Magic for July and the Dr Seuss breakfast is already sold out. What are the chances of a cancellation or more seats opening up? This is my daughter's first cruise and was really hoping to include this experience. 

We just booked the Sunshine in June 2024 and it says it’s sold out.  Doesn’t make much sense

17 hours ago, LLRNatasha said:

They only have a certain percentage available for pre booking and the rest will be open to book on ship. Look for the sign up table when you board or call the dining services? extension from your phone in your cabin. They usually do two seatings one day only. One at 8:30 and one at 9:45. Last October they said it was sold out, but I called and got us in for the second seating (which was too late in my opinion but better than not at all) 

I sure hope you are correct. My June sailing on Venezia the Dr. Seuss breakfast has been sold out from posting. Hoping to take Grand Daughters to the breakfast ages 6 & 8. I have seen the table with the Cat in the Hat breakfast in the lobby on boarding day. Will be looking to book soon as on ship. Thank you for your info.

17 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

We just booked the Sunshine in June 2024 and it says it’s sold out.  Doesn’t make much sense

More likely they haven't started allowing people to book it yet. They need to change their site to say "check back soon" instead of "sold out" for cruises that far out.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 8:39 AM, mz-s said:

More likely they haven't started allowing people to book it yet. They need to change their site to say "check back soon" instead of "sold out" for cruises that far out.

Yes that change would be more helpful. At least check back soon would let you know it's still available or say " booking available on departure date"

• Like 2