Inside Cabins on Enchanted Princess

Scotmay

Just returned from a cruise on the Enchanted. The inside cabins on this ship are ridiculously small. We did book late, but found that our cabin was pretty close to unusable. We couldn’t get an accessible cabin, as none available. My hubby uses a walker and we couldn’t even get it in the main door. I would tell everyone don’t book these cabins!  In fact I question whether I would book Princess again due to their lack of tours for the disabled and size of indoor cabins!

• Haha 1

Very sorry you had a bad experience.  However, I think you will find very much the same scenarios on *any* cruise line in regards to cabin sizes and sold-out excursions when booking as late as you told us in your other post(s).  I really hate to say something like this...but *just maybe* cruising is not the best choice of vacation in your situation.  (I truly hope you can find a cruise line you are happy with.)

• Thanks 1

If the beds are separated, these cabins are fine. I have been in a couple Enchanted Interiors and I can see how the beds being together would be an issue. I travel with my Mom and have no issues And the sideways cabins are our new favorite…more shelving. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

If the beds are separated, these cabins are fine. I have been in a couple Enchanted Interiors and I can see how the beds being together would be an issue. I travel with my Mom and have no issues And the sideways cabins are our new favorite…more shelving. 

We'll have our 1st sideways in a couple of weeks on the Ruby, then in Nov. on the Enchanted. I love hearing good things about them. ♡

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I think I took these photos of our sideways cabin on the Royal Princess.  We love sideways cabins!

6489A2A1-11A1-4868-A5DF-BF998296BE78.png

3DBBC711-9096-4752-9A6B-07A4BFF7A973.jpeg

6A8B5B97-1BD8-4D67-8683-16A6023A789D.jpeg

2401ABDE-CA64-454C-A975-DA3516E32F19.jpeg

77EB05BD-0F59-4023-8519-D800CBB0E2EA.png

Thank you so much for the photos!! Cannot wait to see it all for myself. ♡♡♡

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did you not check the door dimension before you booked your cruise.

I use a small mobility scooter and check everything out before I book. When you have a disability you need to do extra research and checking, otherwise you can get some nasty surprises.

• Like 2

That is the problem with the Royal class ships is that interiors are really cramped.  We like the Grand class ships, especially on deck 5.  Your close to everything, and you only have to go up one level to get into the cabins.  Also, I do not know if it is on all Grand class ships, they have interiors that are a little larger and have walk-in showers. 

On 2/8/2023 at 9:03 AM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I think I took these photos of our sideways cabin on the Royal Princess.  We love sideways cabins!

6489A2A1-11A1-4868-A5DF-BF998296BE78.png

3DBBC711-9096-4752-9A6B-07A4BFF7A973.jpeg

6A8B5B97-1BD8-4D67-8683-16A6023A789D.jpeg

2401ABDE-CA64-454C-A975-DA3516E32F19.jpeg

77EB05BD-0F59-4023-8519-D800CBB0E2EA.png

Omg!  We just had a cabin exactly like this on the Royal, I actually thought this was our cabin except...we had BUNKS on those walls next to us! We kept hitting our heads, getting in and out of bed! Too small of a cabin for 2 people, let alone 4!!! This was the smallest cabin I've EVER had.  Never again!  I hadn't ever had a bad inside cabin until our Royal cabin, so I didn't research enough.  Learned my lesson.

1 hour ago, freecruiser2 said:

Omg!  We just had a cabin exactly like this on the Royal, I actually thought this was our cabin except...we had BUNKS on those walls next to us! We kept hitting our heads, getting in and out of bed! Too small of a cabin for 2 people, let alone 4!!! This was the smallest cabin I've EVER had.  Never again!  I hadn't ever had a bad inside cabin until our Royal cabin, so I didn't research enough.  Learned my lesson.

I learned my lesson a few cruises ago. I always ck to see if the cabin I want sleeps 2. If it sleeps 3 or 4 I know there may be bunks that fold up against the wall. They're pretty awful. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 1965 said:

I learned my lesson a few cruises ago. I always ck to see if the cabin I want sleeps 2. If it sleeps 3 or 4 I know there may be bunks that fold up against the wall. They're pretty awful. 

Yep, stay away from the rooms with over head bunks.

8 hours ago, freecruiser2 said:

I always make sure that the cabin is only for two people. Those bunks can be brutal.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I always make sure that the cabin is only for two people. Those bunks can be brutal.

That is why we always book a specific stateroom every time.  We never do a guaranteed booking.  We want to know what kind of stateroom and where it is located.  Especially now at the price we are paying for them.

• Like 3

Regarding excursions. Many contracted tour operators stopped functioning during Covid, including those providing disabled services. That's not on Princess, you will find this true for any cruise line that contracts with shoreside operators at the present time.

Princess does offer cabins accomodating the disabled. Standard door width on the Enchanted is 22".  My dad's walker was 25". Narrow walkers for travel are, or were at that time, made. Hope you continue to enjoy cruising, but whichever line you choose, do plan ahead.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 12:12 PM, freecruiser2 said:

well, I dunno. We fit just fine in an inside on Regal. All three of us.

What I do make sure to check, though, is whether it's a connecting cabin. No, thank you. So dang noisy, especially if the people have a screaming toddler. 

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

well, I dunno. We fit just fine in an inside on Regal. All three of us.

What I do make sure to check, though, is whether it's a connecting cabin. No, thank you. So dang noisy, especially if the people have a screaming toddler. 

The sideways cabins seem much smaller.  The closet and shelving was weird.  There's no entryway, which I have had on every inside cabin.  You enter into the bed area, very cramped.

5 hours ago, freecruiser2 said:

The sideways cabins seem much smaller.  The closet and shelving was weird.  There's no entryway, which I have had on every inside cabin.  You enter into the bed area, very cramped.

a lot of people actually love the sideways cabins because it appears bigger and it is actually several sq feet bigger. But I wouldn't want one because the door opens with a full view of the bed. We got upgraded once from one of those, so we never actually got to check one out.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

a lot of people actually love the sideways cabins because it appears bigger and it is actually several sq feet bigger. But I wouldn't want one because the door opens with a full view of the bed. We got upgraded once from one of those, so we never actually got to check one out.

Yes, but the bathroom/dressing area  is more private. When rm service is delivered they normally come all the way in but the shower area is still out of sight. 

• Like 1