2 bedroom stateroom? Is there such a thing?

My sister and I are looking to plan a cruise for ourselves and our mom next year. We have always sailed on RCCL, so would like to stay with them, but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out if there are any 2 bedroom staterooms? Are they all suites? And does RCCL ever do single person pricing? Point being, I don't want to share a room with anyone lol.

You can do two adjoining cabins.  There might be some suites with two bedrooms.

I don't believe RCCL does solo pricing.  

I know you don't want to share, but they do have cabins that sleep 3 people.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mountaineer0313 said:

My sister and I are looking to plan a cruise for ourselves and our mom next year. We have always sailed on RCCL, so would like to stay with them, but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out if there are any 2 bedroom staterooms? Are they all suites? And does RCCL ever do single person pricing? Point being, I don't want to share a room with anyone lol.

Yes, all suites.  2 bedroom GS and 2 bedroom Aqua suite are available depending on the ship

21 minutes ago, SWACruising said:

Connecting balconies or side by side balconies with the divider between balconies open would be the cheapest option. 2 bedroom suites will generally be at least double or more than 2 balconies. 

Cheaper than a suite, not cheapest.

Liberty has lots of connecting promenade cabins often with prices almost the same as cheapest inside. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SWACruising said:

Connecting balconies or side by side balconies with the divider between balconies open would be the cheapest option. 2 bedroom suites will generally be at least double or more than 2 balconies. 

Just priced out 2 connecting balconies on Navigator and it was $500 cheaper to get the 2 bedroom GS

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jbrinkm said:

Related question - how do 2 bedrooms hold 8 people? (literally, as in, where do they all sleep)

I see that a select few of the 2 bedrooms can hold 8, but where do the other 4 end up?

Master bedroom hold 2

second bedroom has a king that can be slit into 2 twins plus 2 pullmans

Living room has a sofabed that sleeps 2

Technically it sleeps 8, just not comfortably

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Master bedroom hold 2

Sounds like a better arrangement for a large or extended family, rather than 2 families traveling together. Unless you're REALLY close with your friends LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, moposh said:

You can do two adjoining cabins.  There might be some suites with two bedrooms.

I don't believe RCCL does solo pricing.  

I know you don't want to share, but they do have cabins that sleep 3 people.  

lol, yeah, I'm definitely not sharing anything for a week. I'm barely ok enough to share a whole house with my husband.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

We had family recently in the two bedroom Oceanview suite (1054) on Serenade. It used to be the old CL and it was huge and had a great view but of course no balcony. It worked out great for them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mountaineer0313 said:

Yes, they have two bedroom staterooms, but they are quite expensive, and -- yes -- they are all suites.  The cheapest /most choices way to get two bedrooms is to reserve two connecting rooms; this means you could have two insides, two balconies, whatever.  It'd give you two bedrooms and two bathrooms for a much lower price.  If you get two balconies, you can ask the cabin steward to open the balcony divider, giving you one large balcony.  

RCCL doesn't usually do single pricing.  I think they offered a deal some time back, but you shouldn't count on it.  

You're not asking if they'll put you in with a stranger, are you?  That wouldn't happen.  

4 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

Related question - how do 2 bedrooms hold 8 people? (literally, as in, where do they all sleep)

I see that a select few of the 2 bedrooms can hold 8, but where do the other 4 end up?

I don't know about the two bedroom suites, but here's how two connecting rooms would shake out to hold eight people: 

- If you were to get two insides, you would split the beds apart, allowing a walking aisle down the middle ... and the cabin steward would pull two bunks out of the ceiling.  Essentially you'd have two sets of bunk beds in a single cabin. 

- If you were to get two balconies, you'd have a king bed (or two twins) and a pull-out sofa.  

Before you choose your rooms, I suggest you take a look at You Tube -- you'll find LOADS of walk-throughs of various rooms.  

4 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Master bedroom hold 2

Correct, had this arrangement in a 2 BR Grand Suite on Explorer last year.  All to myself on a dirt cheap RoyalUp, when they were sailing at low occupancy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I don't know about the two bedroom suites, but here's how two connecting rooms would shake out to hold eight people: 

- If you were to get two insides, you would split the beds apart, allowing a walking aisle down the middle ... and the cabin steward would pull two bunks out of the ceiling.  Essentially you'd have two sets of bunk beds in a single cabin. 

- If you were to get two balconies, you'd have a king bed (or two twins) and a pull-out sofa.  

Before you choose your rooms, I suggest you take a look at You Tube -- you'll find LOADS of walk-throughs of various rooms.  

Yeah, I was just asking about the 2 bedroom suites. If we didn't do a suite with our friends, we'll all just work out our own rooms (my family uses 2, don't know what they would want to do...)

• 3 months later...

Just sailed in a two bed aft Grand Suite on Independence 6716

There are two side by side on deck 6 (used to be presidential suite)

6716 has the hot tub 🛀 

Ours could sleep 8 

2 Master

4 Second Room (King bed and 2 Pullmans)

2 Living area (Sofa Bed)

Nice suite, but oh my bloody noisy, service doors on Port side and below slamming from 2am through until 7am every night 

Suite would be great for a big family, but if you are light sleepers, I would not recommend 

There were 3 of us and suited our needs

https://youtu.be/C5UWD6NJkDg

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2023 at 12:18 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, all suites.  2 bedroom GS and 2 bedroom Aqua suite are available depending on the ship

Also, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom Owners Suite, eg Radiance of the Seas. Sister and I are sailing shortly and pricing was not much higher than 2 solo, adjoining balcony cabins.  Suite perks were worth the difference,

On 2/9/2023 at 1:07 PM, John&LaLa said:

Ultra spacious cabins have a seperate 'bunkroom' but only 1 bath. The VP suites on Voyager and Freedom class are reasonably priced and have a half bath. Great view

Enchantment has one with 2 bathrooms. Interesting set up too.