Back to back cruises with cabin change Question

lvmypug

We are booked in a ocean view cabin on a  transatlantic this April.  Once we arrive in Haifa, we are moving to a Jr Suite for a 6 day cruise.   Will we have to pack our suitcases and put them out the night before like everyone who is departing the ship or will they simply pick up our suitcases from our cabin on the turn around day and take them to our next cabin?  

Just now, lvmypug said:

We are booked in a ocean view cabin on a  transatlantic this April.  Once we arrive in Haifa, we are moving to a Jr Suite for a 6 day cruise.   Will we have to pack our suitcases and put them out the night before like everyone who is departing the ship or will they simply pick up our suitcases from our cabin on the turn around day and take them to our next cabin?  

Your cabin steward will go over this procedure with you and help move your things from one cabin to the next. You do not leave your luggage out the night before.Usually you pack up certain things and leave your hangup clothes on the hangers. I would certainly move any valuables my self. This kinda move is done often and they make it as easy on you as possible.

Enjoy your B2B our favorite thing to do but we have always kept the same cabin.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, lvmypug said:

Let your cabin attendant know early so he/she can help you get everything ready. Also make sure you keep all your valuables with you. 

You will receive a letter with instructions during your first leg.   I have heard some say they had to pack everything and room steward will move for you.   The couple of times we had to change cabins they moved items on hangars and we only had to pack personal belongings that were not hung up.

You will love doing a b2b, especially a TA with a b2b.  Enjoy!  They will take care of you

We did a B2B on Wonder over Christmas and NYE. We switched cabins, which I don’t like to do, but it wasn’t too much of a hassle. We got a letter telling us to pack everything and heave our luggage in our cabin. By the time we were done getting off and right back on the ship, our luggage was in our new cabin. 

On 2/10/2023 at 2:34 PM, Ashland said:

Your cabin steward will go over this procedure with you and help move your things from one cabin to the next. You do not leave your luggage out the night before.Usually you pack up certain things and leave your hangup clothes on the hangers. I would certainly move any valuables my self. This kinda move is done often and they make it as easy on you as possible.

Enjoy your B2B our favorite thing to do but we have always kept the same cabin.

No more leaving clothes on hangers. It took up too much of their time. Now you have to pack suitcases just as you did when boarding. Cabin attendant will place your bags in new cabin.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

No more leaving clothes on hangers. It took up too much of their time. Now you have to pack suitcases just as you did when boarding. Cabin attendant will place your bags in new cabin.

Interesting, how recent did you experience this?  We just changed cabins on a B2B and left all clothes on the hangers and put our plastic cleaners/store bags on them.  Zipped up our packing cubes and put them in our suitcases along with the toiletry bag. Very easy and quick move. 

Edited by long4acruise

11 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

Interesting, how recent did you experience this?  We just changed cabins on a B2B and left all clothes on the hangers and put our plastic cleaners/store bags on them.  Zipped up our packing cubes and put them in our suitcases along with the toiletry bag. Very easy and quick move. 

2 x in January. 

1 minute ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Cabin attendant told us new rules. It's also been discussed here on CC as another cut back. I will try to find the thread.

Ok. I'm not disputing you but just stating our recent B2B experiences on Oasis and Wonder. It's also easy to roll our clothes on hangers with the plastic bags and put them in luggage if it's now required.

Example:  In my closet on the Enchantment this week, the hangers are those annoying things that don't have their own hooks, but have little arm things that you stick into plastic holders on the closet rod.  They don't move those.  So in this instance, you have to put everything in your suitcases.

This may account for some of the different reports.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Example:  In my closet on the Enchantment this week, the hangers are those annoying things that don't have their own hooks, but have little arm things that you stick into plastic holders on the closet rod.  They don't move those.  So in this instance, you have to put everything in your suitcases.

Yes, good point. I dislike those hangers/plastic holder combos. The reason I put most of our things on lightweight non-slip or slacks hangers from our wonderful cleaners.

BTW: Do u remember the Concierge's name on EN?

2 hours ago, long4acruise said:

Yes, good point. I dislike those hangers/plastic holder combos. The reason I put most of our things on lightweight non-slip or slacks hangers from our wonderful cleaners.

BTW: Do u remember the Concierge's name on EN?

CL is Ava.  DL is Noemi.

I've gotten in the habit of moving the stuff myself. 

The night before, I go and meet my new room attendant and explain my plan.  Then that morning, I pack things up and move the items to the new room.  I usually time it between 8-8:30, so hopefully the previous people are out of the room by then.  Then I put my bags in the closet / valuables in the safe and let the room attendant know that it's all set and ask what time they'll have the room ready for me to come back in.  I also close the closet door so that other workers who help with tearing down / setting up the rooms don't see the bags and think they were forgotten by the previous occupants.  

The room attendant gets my room turned over by whatever time we discussed, and then I can get into the room and get all unpacked and reorganized.  (The fire doors aren't locked, and you have your new room key from the B2B meeting, so you can get into your room sooner than the other passengers as long as you've set it up with the room attendant.)

This method gives me peace of mind that my luggage will get moved to the right room, and it gives me something to do while killing time waiting for the B2B meeting, and it takes one task off the room attendant's list of chores for that very busy morning.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I wish that I had your cruise schedule.