Murano question

DisneyJen

Planning on celebrating our birthdays on Equinox at Murano in May.

Wondering if we can order the Chateaubriand for two and one order of the Lobster Murano for the two of us so we can have our own version of Surf and Turf.

TIA

On 2/17/2023 at 10:58 AM, DisneyJen said:

Wondering if we can order the Chateaubriand for two and one order of the Lobster Murano for the two of us so we can have our own version of Surf and Turf.

TIA

We did it several times in December.

On 2/17/2023 at 8:59 AM, MarkWiltonM said:

Yes, and they will also give you Chateaubriand for one if the other person doesn't want it. 

that’s good to know 

There’s 3 of us and we were planning on ordering 2 lobsters and 1 chateau and split it 

The lobster portion is small and prepared tableside. So is,the château. They are both plated as part of the preparation making it difficult to share 2 lobsters and one beef 3 ways. You might want to consider 3 lobsters with the beef on the side.

On 2/17/2023 at 10:58 AM, DisneyJen said:

TIA

They have instituted a $20 fee for each additional entree.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, keesar said:

They have instituted a $20 fee for each additional entree.  

When did that start? We ordered in  December with no extra charge at the waiter's suggestion. I know the extra Lobster charge in the MDR started January 1. Did it happen in Murano also? I haven't read any reports of it happening.

On our last 3 post covid cruises Murano has only offered warm water lobster tails (AKA Caribbean spiney lobster) and they are nowhere as good as cold-water New England Lobsters and for lobster lovers they can be very disappointing.

Edited by terrydtx

15 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

When did that start? We ordered in  December with no extra charge at the waiter's suggestion. I know the extra Lobster charge in the MDR started January 1. Did it happen in Murano also? I haven't read any reports of it happening.

My Celebrity App for our June Equinox cruise shows the following for Murano entree and no extra charge mentioned:

"Murano Lobster, cognac flambeed warm water lobster tail, fresh basil applewood smoked bacon, Dijon cream"

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

My Celebrity App for our June Equinox cruise shows the following for Murano entree and no extra charge mentioned:

"Murano Lobster, cognac flambeed warm water lobster tail, fresh basil applewood smoked bacon, Dijon cream"

Thanks. Mine also doesn't show an extra charge. Considering that they raised the price in Murano and also started adding on the gratuity the above post had me wondering.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

We are on the Beyond and it says that on the menus at the Specialty Restaurants.   

8 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

As of a few weeks ago when we went to Murano on Equinox, there was no extra charge.  The lobster tails were very small.  A lot of people ordered two.

Last year on the Reflection our waiter in Murano discouraged us from ordering the lobster, he said they were very small and he was getting many complaints about the size and quality.

Just now, terrydtx said:

Last year on the Reflection our waiter in Murano discouraged us from ordering the lobster, he said they were very small and he was getting many complaints about the size and quality.

My dw ordered the "lobster" (or the crawfish tail that they call lobster on Celebrity).  Good preparation and presentation at the table,  but very small.  The size of perhaps a large prawn at best.  

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

My dw ordered the "lobster" (or the crawfish tail that they call lobster on Celebrity).  Good preparation and presentation at the table,  but very small.  The size of perhaps a large prawn at best.  

Next year we are doing a Boston to Montreal cruise, and I am looking forward to some great cold water lobster and scallops at our ports. Not holding out much hope we will get any on the ship.

1 hour ago, keesar said:

We are on the Beyond and it says that on the menus at the Specialty Restaurants.   

It does say that on Beyond (at least for Fine Cut that I checked)  but it doesn't say anything about that for Murano on Silhouette. 

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Next year we are doing a Boston to Montreal cruise, and I am looking forward to some great cold water lobster and scallops at our ports. Not holding out much hope we will get any on the ship.

If going to Portland I'll let you know where to get lobster.  We have a family place there.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

If going to Portland I'll let you know where to get lobster.  We have a family place there.

Our first stop is Portland. I would love a real lobster roll, not the phony ones in Luminae with hardly any lobster and mostly mayonnaise. We were last in Portland in 2001 and got these for a lobster festival and it was awesome.  

Our friends who lived there did a real NE Lobster and muscles bake, with a huge cast iron pot over a wood fire.  The lobsters he bought that day from a lobster fisherman, and it spoiled us from lobster any where else. Nothing like lobsters in NE, thanks for the help.

Edited by terrydtx

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Our first stop is Portland. I would love a real lobster roll, not the phony ones in Luminae with hardly any lobster and mostly mayonnaise. We were last in Portland in 2001 and got these for a lobster festival and it was awesome.

In the Old Port where your ship will dock, most local's go to Becky's Diner.  There are other good places too.  

https://www.beckysdiner.com/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCPIV said:

I've pretty much described it the same way.  

It is entirely accurate, biologically speaking.  Cold water lobster with claws is in the lobster family.  The Spiny or Caribbean lobster served by Celebrity has no claws and is in the crawfish family.

4 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

It does say that on Beyond (at least for Fine Cut that I checked)  but it doesn't say anything about that for Murano on Silhouette. 

In Fine Cut on Edge, they offered a Surf &Turf with a Filet and a true Maine lobster tail.  A couple of years back anyway.

4 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

In Fine Cut on Edge, they offered a Surf &Turf with a Filet and a true Maine lobster tail.  A couple of years back anyway.

Ah yes, but a couple of months back they didn't charge for an extra "lobster" in the MDR either. The changes keep coming and only the shadow knows!