Stuck between two itineraries

kuddles14

Dear Kuddles,

Our vacation time is precious to us, so for that reason alone I urge you to go for the 6-nighter.

Over your lifetime you will have opportunities to go to various ports of call and sail on various ships.  However, right now you need to make a choice, so please choose the most restorative cruise vacation--the longer one.

With love, 
Lana

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Adventure 👍🏻

Taino Bay Puerto Plata would be the winner on this 

all included resort at port with day beds and pool 

You can eat at a really cool restaurant 

with excellent local delicacies (Sanmangu)

Just a really nice different port from the normal RC stops.

We visited whilst on MSC and would go again regardless of Cruise line 

Happy Days!

B7DCBA36-6957-43DE-AA1D-14718782AAF4.jpeg

91A62844-57BE-405F-AE5C-B3EA2D01DBDC.jpeg

768B5A79-9813-4E03-A1AB-181C289A150D.jpeg

D19F0F94-AFEE-42F9-828D-895B8D656CFD.jpeg

F94BF97E-53B3-4BE3-8F8E-447B34469F53.jpeg

901A2149-70A4-4ED9-9B27-4742E9120EA6.jpeg

745DB919-F2E9-4566-A8B9-8F6B59DDDC40.jpeg

This is in the port area? Wow! 

4 minutes ago, kuddles14 said:

This is in the port area? Wow! 

Yes indeed 

Before anyone says nothing is free

The day beds are free, all they ask is you order one drink.

2 Coronas were $7

They really laid it out nice 

one of the better ones we have been too 👍🏻

Edited by PompeySailor

45 minutes ago, LAKaye said:

Dear Kuddles,

Our vacation time is precious to us, so for that reason alone I urge you to go for the 6-nighter.

Over your lifetime you will have opportunities to go to various ports of call and sail on various ships.  However, right now you need to make a choice, so please choose the most restorative cruise vacation--the longer one.

With love, 
Lana

Thank you . I just booked Adventure of the Seas fir 6 nights. I am or was a retired teacher and was asked to come back and help out at school because of a shortage of Montessori teachers in our area. So I did and will be helping them out one more year ( next year) so I had to change another cruise to Spring break of 2024. These were the only two that fit . I certainly appreciated everyone’s help . Looking forward to a very relaxing cruise .

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, kuddles14 said:

Oh I can do handle this . Do you have to make reservations? Are there any shops in the area as well ? 

We made no reservations for anything

All we did was make sure we got off early and made our way to the poolside beach beds as soon as we could

As you look at the port, head to the left, passing Sanmangu restaurant passing all the shops on way to pool

it is a nice walk, it’s like walking through a 5 star resort all decked out with water features everywhere you look

I do not recall any trams, but it was less than 1/2mile to pool area 5-7 min walk

Sanmangu restaurant is huge and we just walked straight on in

Check out their website, easy google look up 😉

we watched a few YouTube videos on Taino Bay and learnt about the pool and restaurant 

The pool area has a swim up bar and a land bar and it wasn’t crazy busy or loud, more tranquil and peaceful 

Edited by PompeySailor

1 hour ago, PompeySailor said:

What week is it as I may have to book this seeing as it goes to Taino Bay 

All cool, found dates for April 2024 that work for us 😎

Going March 23 . We were suppose go April 12 on Adventure for 8 nights but helping out at school next year. So I needed to do it during Spring break 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

We made no reservations for anything

All we did was make sure we got off early and made our way to the poolside beach beds as soon as we could

As you look at the port, head to the left, passing Sanmangu restaurant passing all the shops on way to pool

it is a nice walk, it’s like walking through a 5 star resort all decked out with water features everywhere you look

I do not recall any trams, but it was less than 1/2mile to pool area 5-7 min walk

Sanmangu restaurant is huge and we just walked straight on in

Check out their website, easy google look up 😉

we watched a few YouTube videos on Taino Bay and learnt about the pool and restaurant 

The pool area has a swim up bar and a land bar and it wasn’t crazy busy or loud, more tranquil and peaceful 

Thank you so much ! Can’t wait to share this with my hubby . So excited!!! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kuddles14 said:

Going March 23 . We were suppose go April 12 on Adventure for 8 nights but helping out at school next year. So I needed to do it during Spring break 

I said to my DW we need to book for April 2024, just realized we already had booked for Sept 2024 with exact same itinerary and $500 cheaper than current prices.

Enjoy Adventure and enjoy Taino Bay

Happy Days!

If you need any more info just fire away 😎

7 hours ago, Tatka said:

Identical ships. 

6 vs 5 days

3 vs 2 ports

No-brainer  

3 hours ago, George C said:

For several reasons adventure, 6 days , larger ship with great ice show , more entertainment.

Although I would also choose the Adventure in this particular scenario, as a hardcore Mariner fan I feel compelled to come to her defense a bit. 😁

The Voyager class ships, including Adventure and Mariner, are indeed sister ships, but they're no longer identical since the "amplifying" process started. Each ship now has distinct characteristics, and the Mariner has something we really love that the Adventure lacks: the Sky Pad, which is a virtual reality bungee trampoline attraction. 

And the Adventure isn't larger than the Mariner. They are virtually identical, but the Mariner is something like one foot longer. 😉 

Still, as I said ... in this particular case, I totally agree that the Adventure is the way to go!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

Same class but not identical. For instance Mariner has a Players pub and Adventure does not. There are other differences as well but not major. We've been on both multiple times and love them both. My advice is to go on both itineraries!!

Having a Playmakers onboard would be a point towards Mariner -- it's my husband's favorite.  

Doing both would be ideal!

4 hours ago, nimbex1970 said:

I always choose a longer cruise, both ships are great.

Looking at the longer cruise is reasonable -- if for no reason other than to make the most of the cost to get to your port city.  

2 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

... Before anyone says nothing is free

The day beds are free, all they ask is you order one drink.

2 Coronas were $7 ... 

Hey, Royal, these are the right prices for day beds /cabanas!  Are you listening?  

2 hours ago, kuddles14 said:

Thank you . I just booked Adventure of the Seas fir 6 nights. I am or was a retired teacher and was asked to come back and help out at school because of a shortage of Montessori teachers in our area ... 

Hey, I'm doing the same!  I retired from teaching high school last June -- but the teacher shortage is very real, and my old high school has many empty classrooms.  I'm working three days a week as a "permanent sub" in a study hall, where the students are enrolled in an online class.

10 hours ago, George C said:

For several reasons adventure, 6 days , larger ship with great ice show , more entertainment.

Adventure is the same class as the Mariner (and actually a tiny bit smaller when comparing gross tons)

9 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

Adventure 👍🏻

Taino Bay Puerto Plata would be the winner on this 

all included resort at port with day beds and pool 

You can eat at a really cool restaurant 

with excellent local delicacies (Sanmangu)

Sounds and looks great.  Now I just need a cruise that stops in Puerto Plata.

20 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

Adventure is the same class as the Mariner (and actually a tiny bit smaller when comparing gross tons)

Sounds and looks great.  Now I just need a cruise that stops in Puerto Plata.

Hey

I noticed in your signature you have Oasis for March 11th 2023 😳

I sail on Oasis on March 12th 2023 on a Sunday 👍🏻

Looks like you either a day or year early 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/18/2023 at 11:56 PM, PompeySailor said:

Hey

I noticed in your signature you have Oasis for March 11th 2023 😳

I sail on Oasis on March 12th 2023 on a Sunday 👍🏻

Looks like you either a day or year early 😉

Thanks for pointing that out.  I will have to change that (as well as add other upcoming cruises on my signature that I have booked).  Only 20 days til Oasis now.  Cannot wait!

• Like 1

Longer with great ports, can't go wrong with the Adventure of the Seas itinerary!!

ETA...  both are great though.  You can't go wrong with either.  We love Nachi Cocum at Cozumel as well for an all inclusive beach day.

All that said, 6 nights is better than 5 and two private ports are better than 1.

I do love the AMPED ships like Mariner but as a whole I would still choose the Adventure due to the ports and longer cruise.

Freedom and Voyager are our favorite classes of ships so far.

Edited by The Fun Researcher
added context

On 2/18/2023 at 7:10 PM, deliver42 said:

I prefer the balconies on the Mariner. They're  more  open.

Mariner is by far a superior ship. Balconies for one, and the Playmakers and Bamboo room are another.

Adventure has the stupid Izumi on Promenade vs the real Izumi on Mariner. Plus it may have the Doghouse on pool deck

Now the downside to Mariner is Jaimie's vs Giovanni's