First Cruise: Let Mikey Try It!!

gmarsh

3 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

When you try to book and nothing is available it doesn't mater what a reliable source has to say.

Oh well it seems we are all agreed on one thing at least 

The inaugural cruises are not booked out

I guess we now move to debating just how full they are or will be on sailing….

My guess is that some/many/most/all of the berths will be occupied - but by just what type of guest will remain a mystery 

Time will no doubt tell us all 

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, hypercafe said:

In the end the only place to find out the facts is the cruise line. Why would anyone come here to find out if a trip is sold out, to find out what a policy is? 

No one asked 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Oh well it seems we are all agreed on one thing at least 

The inaugural cruises are not booked out

I guess we now move to debating just how full they are or will be on sailing….

Time will no doubt tell us all 

We actually don't agree on the issue that it was fully booked at one point.

As to today, I haven't heard from anyone who tried to book so I won't comment on today's availability unless you tried to book today and can share your actual experience.

What time tells you is that bookings change up until the cruise begins. 

That is the case on every cruise I have ever been on including NWP and WC 2015 when things changes up until the last minute,  That is reality.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ak1004 said:

image.thumb.png.e9f7b426f433b2ab3214304de2a561b5.png

image.thumb.png.fb3545120a1e325e5a6d06155f653905.png

image.png.dbac4c844cc69ae6687a1eb0d2a7174c.png

Looks pretty clear to me. Only 3 categories are waitlisted, including 2 top suites (which is expected on almost every sailing)

As a "rule of thumb", most lines stop listing categories that are "Closed", that is sold out and maxxed out waitlist. My "educated guess", and it is only that, since we have no prior experience to know how NC operates, is the "Call For Quote" categories are only available on a Guaranty Basis, and the "Join The Waitlist" still have not reached the maximum number they will waitlist. 

Edited by Roland4

As far as I can see, "Call For Quote" and "Join The Waitlist" are the only two options available on all sailings and all categories. And I did not see a single sailing that had all categories waitlisted.

I don't pretend to understand how NC is handling categories that are already fully booked.  But I am sure that many "call for quotes" categories are actually fully booked.  I called about Serenity San Diego to Tahiti.  Solo rooms were sold out, but the website said....and still says...request a quote.  And about that...why "request a quote" when the quote is right there?   Maybe NC  is taking category guarantees without specific room reservations.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, History&Wine said:

I don't pretend to understand how NC is handling categories that are already fully booked.  But I am sure that many "call for quotes" categories are actually fully booked.  I called about Serenity San Diego to Tahiti.  Solo rooms were sold out, but the website said....and still says...request a quote.  And about that...why "request a quote" when the quote is right there?   Maybe NC  is taking category guarantees without specific room reservations.  

maybe they have different prices inside each category depending on location? 

In any case, there is current no option to book online, this is why “call for quote”.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

In any case, there is current no option to book online, this is why “call for quote”.

I think the reason for “request a quote” is exactly that one cannot book online. Some cruise lines only operate via “representatives” and when we are interested on some itinerary they will connect us to one representative/travel agent, who will send us a quote.
Independently if we book or not that cruise, we might end up receiving unsolicited information from who ever gave us the quote. This happened to me and I am still getting information without being able to unsubscribe. I guess is also a way of getting our data.

Ivi

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As of today the the website shows the only room listed as "wait listed" on the inaugural Serenity cruise are the single rooms.  Even the Penthouse now shows "request a quote".   The same is true for next 3 sailings. In addition the inaugural cruise on Symphony only has "wait listed" the single rooms.  It seems people are canceling their early bookings.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, shrkdive1 said:

As of today the the website shows the only room listed as "wait listed" on the inaugural Serenity cruise are the single rooms.  Even the Penthouse now shows "request a quote".   The same is true for next 3 sailings. In addition the inaugural cruise on Symphony only has "wait listed" the single rooms.  It seems people are canceling their early bookings.

It appears that the NC is attracting at least as many solo cruisers as the number of the single cabins. How many are those cabins?

Ivi

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

It appears that the NC is attracting at least as many solo cruisers as the number of the single cabins. How many are those cabins?

Ivi

18 on Symphony and 14 on Serenity (if you look at the deck plans you can see all the cabin categories and their locations). I have 2 cruises booked on Serenity, the first made 6 days after bookings opened, and was not able to get a solo cabin. I'd "guess" that the loyal Crystal solo cruisers are still loyal.

Patty

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, shrkdive1 said:

Probably many people booked based on "shoot first, ask questions later". When they started asking questions, they realized that paying $600/night for a 215 sqft cabin (or $800/night for a cabin comparable to SS or SB entry level) for a first sailing on an unknown product might be not the best use of their money, with so many good options available on other ships.

• Like 2