Any larger balconies on Regal ?

Cessna140

Hi, looking to book a cabin on Regal. First time on this class of ship. On the Grand class the balconies on the Caribe deck are bigger and have a partial covering. Can anyone tell me if the Regal has these types of balconies, if so, which deck? Can't upgrade to a suite so I'm specifically looking for balcony categories.

Thanks in advance. 

Royal class ships do not have the layer cake design like Grand class ships. Cabins with larger and angled balconies can be found on all decks 8 through 16.  For comparison standard size balconies on the Regal are small, 9ft x 4ft. Search the deck plans at the site shown below.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/gp-regal-princess/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cessna140 said:

Hi, looking to book a cabin on Regal. First time on this class of ship. On the Grand class the balconies on the Caribe deck are bigger and have a partial covering. Can anyone tell me if the Regal has these types of balconies, if so, which deck? Can't upgrade to a suite so I'm specifically looking for balcony categories.

Thanks in advance. 

Check out the forward cabins on the Lido and Marina decks. Massive balconies and great location.

• Like 1

We like Lido deck cabin L101.  It has a super large balcony.  This is a Deluxe Obstructed Balcony, so you have a loveseat and little coffee table/ottoman.  It can get windy at sea, but if you stay seated near the door, it’s fine. The balcony walls are metal on all sides, so no real view if sitting.  Not an issue for us.  Of course, being so high and forward, you do feel the motion of the ocean.  If you don’t mind motion, this is a great cabin.  You do have to keep your drapes closed at night, so as to not interfere with the bridge navigation.

We love Lido deck, so convenient and those cabins are away from most foot traffic.  Some folks also like the same cabins on Marina deck, one deck below.  We prefer Lido because of the proximity to the pool and the buffet.

• Like 2

Folks also rave about the "obstructed" balcony staterooms on Emerald deck (forward) where you get the get extra space but with metal instead of glass railings (i.e the obstruction). Examples are staterooms in the range E107 to E110

image.png.3599c223017ebbb9581afb0619f70522.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dides said:

Folks also rave about the "obstructed" balcony staterooms on Emerald deck (forward) where you get the get extra space but with metal instead of glass railings (i.e the obstruction). Examples are staterooms in the range E107 to E110

image.png.3599c223017ebbb9581afb0619f70522.png

Hmmm - so when you are sitting down you get a great view of the steel fronted balcony !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cessna140 said:

Thanks in advance. 

Besides the far-fwd cabins mentioned above, there are regular balcony cabins mid-ship on Deck 8.  Looked for the curved jut-out section and you will see on the Deck Plan that there are several with larger balconies.  The same balcony sizes exist above on Deck 9, 10, etc.  However, the ones on Deck 8 are labelled as partially obstructed, but there really isn't any obstruction to speak of.  Deck 9 has same thing, but not identified with obstructions.  Note, there is no obstruction when looking straight out of Deck 8, but if look down, can see section of the Promenade Deck.  There are regular Balcony and Deluxe Balconies on these two decks.  From Deck 10 on up, the cabins with the over-size balconies are Mini-Suites.

This applies to all Royal Class ships.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Hmmm - so when you are sitting down you get a great view of the steel fronted balcony !

Yep but it depends how badly you want the extra space - these personally wouldn't suit us! 😀

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dides said:

Yep but it depends how badly you want the extra space - these personally wouldn't suit us! 😀

Nor us either. We would rather have a smaller space but be able to sit and see the sea. Isn't that the whole point of a balcony? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, check out the mid-ship cabins.  They can have angled larger balconies.

We have been in the ones that are not really obstructed, on deck 8, and they can be a bit cheaper.

Note:  the system might not show you that any are available, if they are 'blocked' for three or more guests (deluxe balconies), booking both legs of a back-to-back sailing, sold as one voyage.

It can take some creative searching, but if you see that some are available, then you could try to book one.  Some have had luck requesting cabins, some have not.