Dance Hosts

May B

I guess you’ve all seen that former dance hosts have been invited to register with the company who will be placing four of them on every cruise? I thought that was progress!

Evidently reported by a former dance host.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, May B said:

I guess you’ve all seen that former dance hosts have been invited to register with the company who will be placing four of them on every cruise? I thought that was progress!

Evidently reported by a former dance host.

God forbid CRYSTAL posts it!

Yes and they will have a dance instructor couple.

There is only one person doing all of the work right now doing entertainment and enrichment. I would rather they focus 100 percent of their energies on this.  In time it will all get posted.

Keith. 

1 hour ago, suzeluvscruz said:

God forbid CRYSTAL posts it!

In fairness, what’s been reported is second hand (as in not from Crystal) information.  Crystal hasn’t announced any entertainment or enrichment info yet…. And the PR head was JUST hired — let’s give her a month or two to hire the rest of her organization before we expect any robust communications.

Vince

Edited by BWIVince
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Camillus112 said:

As dance instructors, Beverly and Curtis made sure the class was much fun.  I wonder if they would be available...

They are fairly local to me and in touch with several people around here. I am sure they'll be in touch with Crystal.  They are not Dance Hosts though.https://palmspringsballroom.com/

Edited by ChatKat in Ca.
Added a thought
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
19 minutes ago, heather feathers said:

Even if I chair hog one there will be 1-2 dance hosts for everyone else.

That should be okay since there are many fewer passengers now.

But not necessarily fewer solo female dancers. You’ll have to share!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Based on my three cruises on old Crystal, out of 4 dance hosts only 3 could dance with two being good enough dancers and 1 not being able to dance at all.

If the new Crystal has only 3 dance hosts, the odds are not great :(. 

Edited by Sdancer
  • Haha 1

I was just on Serenity for the Reykjavik to Reykjavik cruise.  There were 4 Ambassador hosts, and they indicated that this was to be the standard.  All four were dancing every night, except one was ill a couple of nights.  Of the four, two were quite good, professional level dancers.  One was fine, social level dancer.  One was just okay, but did at least lead the couple of moves that he knew, and would be fine for someone who wasn't experienced. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow!  Since my DH does not like to dance and I love to, the most I enjoyed in my OC cruises was the dancing ambassadors!  I was lucky to share dancing with great dancers who could range from classic rock, to disco, to latin, with expertise and flair.  Sorry it's not happening now.

13 minutes ago, brescan said:

I was just on Serenity for the Reykjavik to Reykjavik cruise.  There were 4 Ambassador hosts, and they indicated that this was to be the standard.  All four were dancing every night, except one was ill a couple of nights.  Of the four, two were quite good, professional level dancers.  One was fine, social level dancer.  One was just okay, but did at least lead the couple of moves that he knew, and would be fine for someone who wasn't experienced. 

So glad to hear your experience and that four hosts were on board.  I remember years ago those who would dance would tell us some of the Ambassador Hosts were better dancers than others.

Keith

17 minutes ago, Camillus112 said:

Wow!  Since my DH does not like to dance and I love to, the most I enjoyed in my OC cruises was the dancing ambassadors!  I was lucky to share dancing with great dancers who could range from classic rock, to disco, to latin, with expertise and flair.  Sorry it's not happening now.

I would say that two of the Ambassador Hosts had this range of ability (Latin, Smooth, Club) at a professional level, and were a joy to dance with.  One of the guests was really good in Tango, and did some beautiful Tango dances.  One Host was competent in Club dancing, but also could lead a decent Latin and Smooth.  The last one only knew basic steps and a cross-body lead; maybe an occasional under-arm turn.  You can probably tell from my posts that my pet peeve is a lead that doesn't lead, and all the Hosts were good leads.  And there were not a lot of solo ladies dancing, so I danced nearly every dance. 

I forgot to mention that there was a professional dance couple on board.  I believe the lead's name was Balint.  He was great.  I danced about half the White Night party with him.  I can't remember the name of the follower; she didn't seem to dance much with guests except during White Night. 

I was definitely very happy with my dance experience on the ship!

• Like 4

It is very good news about the dance hosts! 

I will consider booking Crystal when it is back on West Coast like old Crystal was every January to try it out first without having to fly, and when/if the two well known travel agencies that I use start booking Crystal again.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 4:39 PM, brescan said:

I would say that two of the Ambassador Hosts had this range of ability (Latin, Smooth, Club) at a professional level, and were a joy to dance with.  One of the guests was really good in Tango, and did some beautiful Tango dances.  One Host was competent in Club dancing, but also could lead a decent Latin and Smooth.  The last one only knew basic steps and a cross-body lead; maybe an occasional under-arm turn.  You can probably tell from my posts that my pet peeve is a lead that doesn't lead, and all the Hosts were good leads.  And there were not a lot of solo ladies dancing, so I danced nearly every dance. 

I forgot to mention that there was a professional dance couple on board.  I believe the lead's name was Balint.  He was great.  I danced about half the White Night party with him.  I can't remember the name of the follower; she didn't seem to dance much with guests except during White Night. 

I was definitely very happy with my dance experience on the ship!

By your terminology you must be an experienced ballroom dancer.  DW competes at full silver level in national competitions and has won many.  I am strictly a social dancer but my experience with Crystal is that my skills rival or exceed the Ambassador Hosts.  DW is happy to share me with followers upon request. 🙂

On 9/21/2023 at 7:34 PM, ivyleaguegent said:

By your terminology you must be an experienced ballroom dancer.  DW competes at full silver level in national competitions and has won many.  I am strictly a social dancer but my experience with Crystal is that my skills rival or exceed the Ambassador Hosts.  DW is happy to share me with followers upon request. 🙂

I compete at beginner bronze level, so I'm not all that experienced.  If you are dancing regularly with a full silver competitor, then you are probably much more advanced than me.  For social dancing on the ship, two of the hosts were more than adequate, one was adequate as a social dancer, and one was at least a good lead.  Hopefully we will have the opportunity to dance on a cruise some day!

• Like 1