Pirate's LIVE Celebration Review...February 26-March 5, 2023

pirate4me2

21 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Got off to walk to the umbrella street, and was so sad all the umbrellas are gone! 😭 Then I saw my favorite glass blowing store is going out of business. Walked over to the pigeon place, got pooped on by a pigeon, and took that as strike three and headed back to the ship. See you next March, San Juan!

Welp, I'm not crazy about San Juan anyway so I think this solidified my plan to stay on the ship next time we're there. 🤣

21 minutes ago, hapytobehr said:

Glad I could make you giggle. 😊 after I took a shower and looked back on it, it did seem pretty funny! 

11 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Welp, I'm not crazy about San Juan anyway so I think this solidified my plan to stay on the ship next time we're there. 🤣

I love San Juan, but today the odds were NOT on my side! 

• Like 3

Just got notice that Chris’s dive tomorrow in St Thomas was canceled due to not enough participants. 😢 Guess we will see what we can get into there. He had a good dive today, says he saw lionfish, turtles, lobster (he thinks), yellow tail snapper, and some others. Hopefully he can get me pics to post! 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Just got notice that Chris’s dive tomorrow in St Thomas was canceled due to not enough participants. 😢 Guess we will see what we can get into there. He had a good dive today, says he saw lionfish, turtles, lobster (he thinks), yellow tail snapper, and some others. Hopefully he can get me pics to post! 

If you like to snorkel, suggest a cab ride to Secret Harbor, great snorkeling and nice quiet harbor with food and beverages available.  Or you could take the ferry over to St. John to the beach there as well.  Not sure what your port hours are.

Edited by Hogladyrider

6 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

If you like to snorkel, suggest a cab ride to Secret Harbor, great snorkeling and nice quiet harbor with food and beverages available.  Or you could take the ferry over to St. John to the beach there as well.  Not sure what your port hours are.

We did St John years ago and loved it!! Only problem is hubby didn’t pack “his” snorkel mask, he likes some special one he bought. 
We have friends doing the chair lift thingy up the mountain, I MIGHT do that. I dunno. We are in port early, I think 7-3? I need to check the app and see, but right now I just finished my “free” bottle of champagne from the cabin and can’t be trusted to make plans just yet! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

Many years ago Rick and I did a dive from Coki Beach, but I think visibility wasn’t very good.

Next year we’re in St. Thomas 10AM to 10PM, I think I have Tommy convinced to go over to St. John’s to Cinnamon Beach. We haven’t been to St. John’s in a long time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LUVMYGSDOG said:

I think I’m the only person who doesn’t like Guy’s Burgers…….. 

Kim

Not alone. Not a big fan. They're ok, not great.

and that stupid menu gives me a headache trying decode it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Got off to walk to the umbrella street, and was so sad all the umbrellas are gone! 😭 Then I saw my favorite glass blowing store is going out of business. Walked over to the pigeon place, got pooped on by a pigeon, and took that as strike three and headed back to the ship. See you next March, San Juan!

It's like they always say... one man's poop is another man's treasure

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

I’ve never used them but JJ Divers has 250+ 5* ratings. They have a 2 tank dive that leaves at 9am tomorrow for $130. Their website is stthomasscubadiving.com and their phone number is 340-473-7317. Hope he can find something. Taking my daughter diving for the first time in August of Celebration in Aruba. I’ve been diving around most of the Caribbean but never been to the ABC’s. 

3 hours ago, BettyCruiser said:

Many years ago Rick and I did a dive from Coki Beach, but I think visibility wasn’t very good.

Next year we’re in St. Thomas 10AM to 10PM, I think I have Tommy convinced to go over to St. John’s to Cinnamon Beach. We haven’t been to St. John’s in a long time.

We loved St John last time we were there. Gorgeous water!!

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

It's like they always say... one man's poop is another man's treasure

😂😂😂you want the treasure on my shoe? I’ll save it! 

50 minutes ago, BeaverPT said:

I’ve never used them but JJ Divers has 250+ 5* ratings. They have a 2 tank dive that leaves at 9am tomorrow for $130. Their website is stthomasscubadiving.com and their phone number is 340-473-7317. Hope he can find something. Taking my daughter diving for the first time in August of Celebration in Aruba. I’ve been diving around most of the Caribbean but never been to the ABC’s. 

Ohhh thank you!! Will look into them!! 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Followed Chris’s show with the late night comedy showcase with Jeff something-or-other and then Jorge Solano. Love Jorge!! I can’t wait to see more of his comedy Friday and Saturday. 

If Jeff looked and sounded like Hillary Clinton, it's Jeff Shaw. If he just looked old, it's Jeff Jena.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

If Jeff looked and sounded like Hillary Clinton, it's Jeff Shaw. If he just looked old, it's Jeff Jena.

Jeff Shaw is who it was. Now that you said the name, I remembered 

• Like 2

Sitting here doubting my life choices thus far. Why did I meet my group in Celebration Central for coffee this morning? If I had stayed safely cocooned in my cabin, I’d still be safe. I’d probably be on serenity deck with a Skinny Fizz…

• Like 3