Shoe string French fries ?

jonthomas

I seem to remember them in one of the Specialty Restaurants, but have not seen them on  any of  our current few cruises.

One lunch time, in the Terrace they had fries that seemed hand cut, with some skin on them. They were amazing. 

I asked for them the next day, they seemed to have vanished from the ship. 

Any other french fries enthusiasts out there? Please chime in. 

I vaguely remember that there was an item on the GDR lunch menu that came with Shoestring potatoes.  Like Jan, I have more than 500 days so I can't tell you what the time was or how long ago it was.  I do remember that my late husband loved the shoestring potatoes and tried to get them at dinner in the GDR but to no avail.

• Like 1

Given my druthers, I'd take shoestring fries over anything they currently offer.  With LOTS of salt.  Oh, don't mess them up with artificial truffle flavoring.  We're Oceania passengers.  We know the difference.  And don't forget to bring them out with a side of mayonnaise.

• Like 1

no problem...this is an all french fries topic....

yes plenty of steak fries....everywhere...

I saw them load on bags and bags of the same fries ...was sorry not to see shoestring or with some skins...

those are my fave....

but hey they also have baked potatoes all the time....

and mashed, but those are too soft for my likes, like them a bit more firm..but I am digressing here as well....

should have made it an all potato topic....lol....

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

no problem...this is an all french fries topic....

yes plenty of steak fries....everywhere...

I saw them load on bags and bags of the same fries ...was sorry not to see shoestring or with some skins...

those are my fave....

but hey they also have baked potatoes all the time....

and mashed, but those are too soft for my likes, like them a bit more firm..but I am digressing here as well....

should have made it an all potato topic....lol....

Thanks for your understanding 😃🍟

22 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

With some skin? Are you talking about these “bad boys?”

Lunch today- Waves on Regatta.

image.jpg

Those aren't "shoestring" fries, they're just ordinary fries. "Shoestring fries" are much thinner and so are crisp all the way through. These are "shoestring fries":

k%2FPhoto%2FRecipe%20Ramp%20Up%2F2021-09-Shoestring-Fries%2FKitchnKitchn3835-1_WEB_01

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Ditto, save some for me on Vista in May.  Maybe a new French Fry staple in Embers 🤪.

Actually please ensure these new Oceania delicacies come Cardiologist Approved 🙏😁

See you all soon and enjoy your cruise.

Mauibabes

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Those aren't "shoestring" fries, they're just ordinary fries. "Shoestring fries" are much thinner and so are crisp all the way through. These are "shoestring fries":

k%2FPhoto%2FRecipe%20Ramp%20Up%2F2021-09-Shoestring-Fries%2FKitchnKitchn3835-1_WEB_01

Of course my pic didn’t show shoestrings. I was responding to part 2 of OP’s post.

1 minute ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Regatta GDR lunch today: as close as you’ll ever get on an O ship to shoestring fries with some skin.

312A33C0-6480-4C9B-B963-143A6E7EBE98.jpeg

oh those are great....love them...

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

yes these are amazing...hope to see them on the many O cruises I have booked....

the thick steak fries are my least favorite, unfortunately that is all I have seen on the last 3 O cruises we have done in 2022 and 2023.....