Need Covid Test ?? Honolulu To Vancouver B.C.

warb

Our TA still hasn't gotten back to us to verify, but it seems plain that it is required for the Hawaii to Vancouver cruises, and in fact they're specifically listed.  Seems kind of unfortunate that it has been updated after final payment, and in fact, for our cruise, check-in opens March 14.  I heard from someone on our roll call that he is part of a family party, and some are not vaccinated and will have to decide what to do.  It sounded like they will be given the option to cancel, even after final payment.

Pat

22 hours ago, vistapat said:

Our TA still hasn't gotten back to us to verify, but it seems plain that it is required for the Hawaii to Vancouver cruises, and in fact they're specifically listed.  Seems kind of unfortunate that it has been updated after final payment, and in fact, for our cruise, check-in opens March 14.  I heard from someone on our roll call that he is part of a family party, and some are not vaccinated and will have to decide what to do.  It sounded like they will be given the option to cancel, even after final payment.

Pat

Today from Royal. 

Healthy Sail Center

COVID-19 Vaccination is no longer required to sail, with a few exceptions. At this time, only the following sailings have COVID-19 vaccination requirements:

Guests age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to sail:

• Cruises from Australia
  • Transatlantic and Transpacific Sailings
  • Cruises from Hawaii to Vancouver
  • For Cruises From Hawaii to Vancouver

All guests age 2 and older must bring a negative test result for a PCR COVID-19 test taken no more than 3 days prior to sailing or an antigen test taken no more than 2 days prior to sailing.

• Required testing can be completed using any type of PCR or antigen COVID-19 test. It can be professionally proctored at your doctor or drugstore, or it can be a test you administer to yourself at home without supervision.

Guests under age 2 do not have any testing requirements.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Today from Royal. 

Healthy Sail Center

COVID-19 Vaccination is no longer required to sail, with a few exceptions. At this time, only the following sailings have COVID-19 vaccination requirements:

Guests age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to sail:

• Cruises from Australia

All guests age 2 and older must bring a negative test result for a PCR COVID-19 test taken no more than 3 days prior to sailing or an antigen test taken no more than 2 days prior to sailing.

• Required testing can be completed using any type of PCR or antigen COVID-19 test. It can be professionally proctored at your doctor or drugstore, or it can be a test you administer to yourself at home without supervision.

Well, that seems to answer the question, doesn't it?

54 minutes ago, thefog said:

How do they know its your test

They could not care less. We had to take two pictures of my test because my wife's test had a line that was nearly invisible looking at it and invisible on the iPhone photo. This was boarding in Vancouver for the cruise to Hawaii.  You need no name, no date, just any picture of any negative test.   

• Like 2

I would assume they are making this requirement to attempt to decrease the possibility that someone MIGHT need significant treatment for Covid when the ship is not due to be in a port for multiple days.  That's the commonality of TransAtlantic/Pacific cruises and Hawaii to Vancouver.  Obviously, anyone can get a fake test result picture to show if they want.  The cruise line can't always prevent people's dishonesty.  But they can try to minimize their risk or expenses.  My guess is that this is a policy based on experiences in the past.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Today from Royal. 

Healthy Sail Center

• Cruises from Australia

I see the Vaccination requirement... not a testing requirement.

7 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

I see the Vaccination requirement... not a testing requirement.

Look here for vaccination requirements...

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-vaccines-are-required-to-travel-on-a-cruise

and for testing requirements...

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MeHeartCruising said:

That's it! I remember the discussion about only the segment from Australia being considered as Transpacific, until Hawaii got added. Thank you, kindly!

On 3/3/2023 at 6:44 PM, dcourt said:

Why do they need to be vaccinated?  Travel from the United States to Canada?  Neither country requires vaccines.

They need it because Royal Caribbean is requiring it. Does not matter if the United States and Canada don't require it. Royal can make any requirement they want. As to Royal Caribbean's reasons.......they have not said that I am aware.

34 minutes ago, RaelynM said:

image.png.707a6b9fa6ec69c7dd05624f032ca145.png

Royal Caribbean’s explanation has been edited out of the above for some reason, maybe by mistake? but they say over nine days and five sea days. Still does not really explain, oh how I hate to use this term, the science. Like how did they come up with five sea days and nine days. Seems arbitrary. I am glad they are getting a refund which obviously they should as no way they could be fully vaccinated now on such short notice. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

They need it because Royal Caribbean is requiring it. Does not matter if the United States and Canada don't require it. Royal can make any requirement they want. As to Royal Caribbean's reasons.......they have not said that I am aware.

Understood, but Royal (at least an underling) is saying that local authorities required it.

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

Royal Caribbean’s explanation has been edited out of the above for some reason, maybe by mistake? but they say over nine days and five sea days. Still does not really explain, oh how I hate to use this term, the science. Like how did they come up with five sea days and nine days. Seems arbitrary. 

Nine days is bogus as one can sailing Europe, Panama or back to back longer than 9 days.

2 hours ago, easyqueasy said:

Understood, but Royal (at least an underling) is saying that local authorities required it.

Nine days is bogus as one can sailing Europe, Panama or back to back longer than 9 days.

In the version that was posted before the above version the underling flat out said it was Royal Caribbean making the decision based on nine days and five sea days. The thread with the that version has been removed. It is a mystery to me why the underlings letter had been altered. The underlings letter made sense before it was altered although it didn’t explain how Royal came up with the nine days/5 sea days it stated it was Royal requiring it not the US or Canada.