Jeans OK for Elegant Night per Hub App

overeasy

I have definitely seen people kicked out for attire...in MDR on fancy night a guy in shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt, a teenage boy at the steakhouse was asked to remove his baseball hat and even in the buffet people coming right in from the pool in their swimsuits were asked to at least cover themselves with a towel. 

However, personally I tend to mind my own business and don't really pay attention to others I am not with and frankly don't really care what people wear.  I don't really let others distract from my vacation or people I don't know affect me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jiggs said:

never understood why people want pictures when they're all dressed up... 'look at this photo of us that represents how we never really are at any other point in our normal life' 

I had this argument with my mother 40 years ago regarding my HS senior pics. I spent 4 years in jeans and band shirts and she insisted I get dressed up (we took pics with and without graduation gowns). Im like why do you want pictures of me looking like not me. 
Oh and she ended up not even purchasing them....

I saw on a Celebrity facebook page where people were complaining about a couple in their robes in the dining room...so I don't think this is specific to Carnival.  🤣

I will not be bringing formal clothes this year for our Europe cruise so SNS if some of yall will have to look at us in casual clothes on formal night.  My boys have gotten too big and their shoes (along with my husband's formal shoes) require a bag just by themselves.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jiggs said:

never understood why people want pictures when they're all dressed up... 'look at this photo of us that represents how we never really are at any other point in our normal life' 

I don't get the appeal of these photos either!  They look cheap and horribly staged...

1 hour ago, cmichael1221 said:

I don't get the appeal of these photos either!  They look cheap and horribly staged...

We are cruise enthusiasts. Half of the ship is blue or red card cruisers who may never sail again, or may not sail again this decade. Those photos are heirlooms to them, and they are the target market.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, john91498 said:

On our last cruise, a lady came in with the bath robe on...no one said a thing...

I'm not generally for folks wearing bath robes outside their cabin but years ago (back when your bath robes were waiting for you in your clean cabin and 11am) I gave a thumbs up to the couple who came to the old (outside) muster drill wearing bath robes, slippers and life jackets.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mz-s said:

Well I would wager you're rather unique in that feeling, people getting dressed up for portraits goes back hundreds of years before photography even existed.

Yes, but in early photography the brag was "I can afford a picture just like the rich and famous." So they mimicked the rich and famous. It is pretty pathetic these days for "I can afford a picture" to be your brag.

Before photography even existed the brag was "I can afford a portrait." These days it might not be so pathetic to have a good oil portrait as your brag and if you are going to shell out the money for that you are darn sure going to look your best.

9 hours ago, cmichael1221 said:

My husband loves to randomly pose for a couple of photos each evening when he is wandering on his own and then let us “discover” them on the pixels album the next day. I especially love when we see one on the photo wall lol.

EDF4E611-C433-454E-8DC1-7E346506144F.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, icft said:

Yes, but in early photography the brag was "I can afford a picture just like the rich and famous." So they mimicked the rich and famous. It is pretty pathetic these days for "I can afford a picture" to be your brag.

Before photography even existed the brag was "I can afford a portrait." These days it might not be so pathetic to have a good oil portrait as your brag and if you are going to shell out the money for that you are darn sure going to look your best.

We all have hobbies or interests or whatever that others may find pathetic I guess. Live and let live. I just walk right past the Carnival photographers because my wife and I have all the cruise photos we could ever need, though we will sometimes pose for a gangway photo at a new port of call.

Having been cruising often for 25 years, I think I've seen it all. Then I get on a Carnival ship. Yikes! Worst I've ever seen, anywhere. There was a young man, maybe early 20's, who had both his naked butt-cheeks completely exposed. The cloth from that area of the jeans had been removed. No one stopped him. There's a good reason for the name'Carnival'. 

• Haha 1

I have a 12-year-old son and to get him to wear something half way decent is an act of God, but I do have him convinced he has to dress up for formal night so you better believe I capture it in a photo as its likely my own chance of the year LOL

• Like 3

The dress code in the Elegant Night Hub app screenshot reads suspiciously similar to, though not identical to, the Cruise Casual dress code on the website. Whether that was intentional or they mistakenly put the casual dress code where the elegant should have been on the app, I can't say.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

49 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

The dress code in the Elegant Night Hub app screenshot reads suspiciously similar to, though not identical to, the Cruise Casual dress code on the website. Whether that was intentional or they mistakenly put the casual dress code where the elegant should have been on the app, I can't say.

Here's the cruise casual also:Screenshot_20230302-080731.thumb.jpg.52b49aca1b24b705ee6be671265ca71d.jpg

16 hours ago, john91498 said:

interesting...I've been in the mdr with flip flops before. No one stopped me or said anything...

Yep, I used to pack sandals in case I ever got busted for my flipflops, but I never have been.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 8:15 PM, golfitfc said:

Based on our latest Carnival experience you could wear a see-through plastic sheet to dinner on Carnival without any issues from crew.

Challenge accepted.

Pics or it didn't happen! 😆

On 3/6/2023 at 11:27 AM, jiggs said:

I’m lucky if I get one nice picture of me and my husband every 2 years. So I will jump at the opportunity to get a nice photo taken of us. 

• Like 1