Did I miss the plus package now went up from $60 to $65?

AZjohn

I just was trying to find the new coffee package discussed the other day (after dumping the coffee card) and see the Plus package is now $64.99 plus $11.80 (18% service charge). Total now = $76.69😮

When did this happen (thought the most recent increase was $60)?

image.thumb.png.dc1c2b6da125225b50ba0fc94540789c.png

3 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

I just was trying to find the new coffee package discussed the other day (after dumping the coffee card) and see the Plus package is now $64.99 plus $11.80 (18% service charge). Total now = $76.69😮

When did this happen (thought the most recent increase was $60)?

image.thumb.png.dc1c2b6da125225b50ba0fc94540789c.png

I feel the wording of these packages was in poor choice by Princess.   
There is Princess Plus package which is $60 and includes all drinks, gratuities and WI-FI.   

Plus Beverage Package is $76.69 and is just for drinks.   
I know it’s confusing and I really think Princess should change the names to be different enough that we don’t confuse them.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

No, that's just the Plus beverage package, doesn't include the bundled WiFi and gratuities. Not a deal at all, except if you buy the bundle, passengers one and two have to both get it. 😁

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tawlaw1526 said:

I feel the wording of these packages was in poor choice by Princess.   
There is Princess Plus package which is $60 and includes all drinks, gratuities and WI-FI.   

Plus Beverage Package is $76.69 and is just for drinks.   
I know it’s confusing and I really think Princess should change the names to be different enough that we don’t confuse them.  

Oh ok, I just saw the “Plus” heading and thought damn, are they just going to increase the price every month until they see a dip in demand (which they might do)?

Thanks for explaining and agree, playing around with terms (like mini-suite and suite) is trying to confuse customers.

And what a dumb idea to have just “beverage Plus” more expensive than the “regular Plus” (shaking my head).

Cheers

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

Oh ok, I just saw the “Plus” heading and thought damn, are they just going to increase the price every month until they see a dip in demand (which they might do)?

Thanks for explaining and agree, playing around with terms (like mini-suite and suite) is trying to confuse customers.

And what a dumb idea to have just “beverage Plus” more expensive than the “regular Plus” (shaking my head).

Cheers

I believe one of the differences is ONE passenger can buy the Plus Beverage pkg, opposed to both passengers needing to buy the Plus Bundle. So depending on the math for both passengers, especially if the other does not drink alcohol, it may make sense for only one passenger to buy the Plus beverage pkg only. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AZjohn said:

Cheers

With the Princess Plus passengers 1 & 2 both have to purchase.  With the Beverage Plus just one passenger can purchase if they want.  

12 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

That's how Princess is justifying the price of the PRINCESS PLUS package.  When compared, to the PLUS BEVERAGE package, PRINCESS PLUS isn't so bad.

Why?  Why?  Why?  would anyone buy a Plus Beverage Package?  

I've written this before.  Princess needs to create an English Composition Department.  They really are out to confuse everyone.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Why?  Why?  Why?  would anyone buy a Plus Beverage Package?  

I've written this before.  Princess needs to create an English Composition Department.  They really are out to confuse everyone.

That's the point.  Princess wants to confuse everyone so that they get more money.  If you purchase the BEVERAGE PLUS package, then you have to pay for crew appreciation, wi-fi, etc., separately, which is more money for them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SCX22 said:

That's the point.  Princess wants to confuse everyone so that they get more money.  If you purchase the BEVERAGE PLUS package, then you have to pay for crew appreciation, wi-fi, etc., separately, which is more money for them. 

Princess Plus package must be booked by 2 guests in the cabin.  If your partner doesn't drink your best option could be the over-priced Princess Plus beverage package.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SCX22 said:

That's how Princess is justifying the price of the PRINCESS PLUS package.  When compared, to the PLUS BEVERAGE package, PRINCESS PLUS isn't so bad.

"Over $950 value on a 7-day cruise when you buy Princess Plus"

38 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I would never be taken hostage to buy “other” package.  I’m not a drinker and will pay Ala carte with obc. 

But you could of course buy a package with your obc.