Premier Pass package

WVU-79

11 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Some of these responses are getting nasty and there is no need for it.

I consider myself to be a seasoned cruiser.  I do check my Cruise Planner maybe once or twice a week to see if there are any 'sales' and book or cancel and rebook items accordingly when the price is right.

When I saw this yesterday it looked like it was a nice deal. Yes, it seemed very cheap in comparison to what is normally advertised but having done my research I booked it for my sailing later in the year.  Under consumer law, it would come under invitation to treat.

RCI debited my account straight away and the purchase is on my cruise planner and I have a confirmation email.  I have not received any further correspondence from them and it was only through social media and here that I know that it was a 'mistake'.

Now I know all about inflation and cost of living crisis and they have debt from the pandemic but I don't expect to buy something in the store for them to come knock my door a few days later and tell me they made a mistake and they want it back!

It just annoys me that RCI have not contacted us directly, we are hearing rumours about what is going to happen and people are being rude to others for simply having an opinion. 

Exactly. I feel the same. Calls or at least apology emails should have gone out first thing this morning. Whoops, we should not have sold you that. BS! By now Midday Monday why can't they inform their customer service people. They STILL have no idea what I'm talking about. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

Now I am starting to wonder if RCCL needed a short-term loan?🤔 This was probably a good way to get some needed cash flow.😉 LOL!

That is exactly what I said yesterday.  Get the cash quickly and worry about the fall out in a few days.  It is the best explanation for this fiasco as far as I am concerned.

Edited by islandchicklet
Spelling error
  • Like 3

I am curious why no one is calling BS on it went to the wrong cruise line page…if it is offered on Celebrity, they should be able to honor it for RCI. I did not see anyone stating wrong pricing, just wrong cruise line. And when Key first rolled out the price was much lower too, so sometimes the early bird gets the worm, while they are testing the new offerings. When RCBlog/info from CS reps, I do not know why anyone should automatically expect it to be an error. 

Edited by BLAMBKY
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, BLAMBKY said:

I am curious why no one is calling BS on it went to the wrong cruise line page…if it is offered on Celebrity, they should be able to honor it for RCI. I did not see anyone stating wrong pricing, just wrong cruise line. 

I personally have never seen it or read online anyone actually seeing this package available on Celebrity besides reports it showed up a few years ago and the orders were cancelled.  

Edited by coaster

5 minutes ago, BLAMBKY said:

I am curious why no one is calling BS on it went to the wrong cruise line page…if it is offered on Celebrity, they should be able to honor it for RCI. I did not see anyone stating wrong pricing, just wrong cruise line. And when Key first rolled out the price was much lower too, so sometimes the early bird gets the worm, while they are testing the new offerings. When RCBlog/info from CS reps, I do not know why anyone should automatically expect it to be an error. 

I replied to a poster that mentioned that this promo was for the Celebrity portal.  I commented and finished by saying that @$89.98 for 2, Celebrity has more money than Royal.😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BLAMBKY said:

On top of that people who are within 45 days of sailing and purchased it show a key on their set sail pass as if it gave them key benefits for embarking. Even if this was a mistake, with it being added on the cruise planner, why would the mistake be so complex that it also gave them key benefits? Something is not adding up.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Ryder101 said:

After 2pm east cost time and customer service still has no idea what I'm talking about. There really is no excuse for that at all.

Again, one needs to temper expectations when it comes to RCI CSR info.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jussabitconfused said:

On top of that people who are within 45 days of sailing and purchased it show a key on their set sail pass as if it gave them key benefits for embarking. Even if this was a mistake, with it being added on the cruise planner, why would the mistake be so complex that it also gave them key benefits? Something is not adding up.

I would think that would be a very good will gesture to those who had bought. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jussabitconfused said:

I expect the key on the set sail is simply to designate priority boarding and ends there for "key" perks.  It will be the one perk they can't take away for those who already printed set sail passes...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nelblu said:

You probably have no skin in the game.  Are you telling me that if you saw such a special that you would simply ignore it.  I'm amazed by your and others reaction.  Those that have booked this are being called delusional, betting against those that have booked or close to being crooks by taking advantage of this so-called deal. 

During the Labor Day Weekend the "Key" was being advertised as $14.99 pp/pd.  In your mind this was an error but guess what it was real and saved us a lot of money.

The Key at 14.99 pp/pd is way different than this. That's a sale, this was obviously an error.

• Haha 1

This was no mistake, RCI is known to test the waters of new offerings at ridiculously low prices.

The Premier Pass is still showing in our Cruise Planner and we haven't received any communication for Royal to say otherwise.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I just went on Celebrity's site, where I'm booked on the Equinox, and that package doesn't even show up. Right now, I feel like I'm getting screwed.

The package is equally mysterious for those with bookings on Royal and/or Celebrity.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

The above link is a web page explaining it. Never seen it available to book with Celebrity though.  Why it surprises me that Royal references Celebrity as this package basically does not currently exist. Pass was discontinued in 2021 on Celebrity according to this. 

Edited by coaster
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, nferr said:

The Key at 14.99 pp/pd is way different than this. That's a sale, this was obviously an error.

How would you know.  As some critical posters have indicated if it's too good to be true, then.....

So, a package that goes on average some $40 pp/pd at $14.99 could it not be construed as too good to be true.

As I said, you probably have no dog on this fight so it's easy to say it was an obvious error, and let's leave at that.

4 minutes ago, nelblu said:

How would you know.  As some critical posters have indicated if it's too good to be true, then.....

So, a package that goes on average some $40 pp/pd at $14.99 could it not be construed as too good to be true.

As I said, you probably have no dog on this fight so it's easy to say it was an obvious error, and let's leave at that.

Simple logic. Pricing for 2 people at $90 for an entire cruise? That's for internet plus a free bottle of champagne plus more perks. $15/pp a day for 2 people with Key is $30 a day or $210 for a 7 night cruise. Way different, I've seen Key heavily discounted before. I just figured it was a mistake. Nobody has a dog in this fight, nobody lost anything. 

Edited by nferr
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, nferr said:

They've already announced it was an error.

before that. How would it be obvious to us, customers, that's it's an error instead of a good short term sale? It's not like it was $8.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy