Almost Live from Riviera

ORV

1 hour ago, chloemonkey said:

Real fast I have asked for more water and no one ever returns with it.  And I am more inclined to be understanding but when I see 3-4 or more Grill waiters standing in the end near the storage areas just talking for long periods of time - that does get on my nerves.  Again, truly first world problems, eh?
hope those joining us today will be more patient and agreeable about the new port situation…..but who knows?

Some would call it first world problems, and say that we should be really grateful that we are able to cruise on those ships. But I don't think that expecting your water to be re filled is unreasonable.

btw, we had a similar issue on our last cruise on SS in December (and SS is considered a true luxury line). They always try to blame Covid, but I'm getting tired of this excuse. Re filling water in a timely matter has nothing to do with Covid..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chloemonkey said:

We are continuing on this cruise….and boy are people angry about the change in the itinerary!  If I had a dollar for every cranky person loudly saying “. We are going to demand a refund !  And Inlove in Florida!  Why in the world would I want to go to Jacksonville!  Guess they feel that the Oceania gods can control the weather?
Anyway….had a great 10 days before this and we are still happy to be onboard.  5e new carpet is nice - but again, I haven’t seen too many truly noticeable changes other than carpet.  I DO notice a decline is service however…..as when eating across ALL venues…..we are never asked if we would like a second soda, 5e are better at the water…..and I have had some pretty snarky waitresses….mainly at the Waves Grill.  Again, many times at. Real fast I have asked for more water and no one ever returns with it.  And I am more inclined to be understanding but when I see 3-4 or more Grill waiters standing in the end near the storage areas just talking for long periods of time - that does get on my nerves.  Again, truly first world problems, eh?
hope those joining us today will be more patient and agreeable about the new port situation…..but who knows?

These same people would complain if traveling in bad weather caused them to be ill...can't satisfy some people.

While I know talking to management about a consistent issue is the right thing to do, I can find it difficult. I'm more likely to go get myself a drink and watch the reaction of idle staff, especially if it's the first time service is poor (or if the staff is obviously not at fault (e.g., too many pax all at once)).

• Like 1

@ORV Thank you for taking the time to share.  It both thoughtful and educational for those reading.  I hope you will take the time to take it all in and focus on your own enjoyment.  I want to thank you for showing the prices of the drink packages and upgrade from select to Prestige. That was very informative and supports the many posts done prior.  

I heard you were missing a port from one of your previous posts.  I loved your response.  Anyone who has ever cruised, regardless of brand, has had the same thing happen.  It is one of the surprises of cruising.  It can never be planned perfectly.  My wife and I are still sorry we missed swimming with the pigs in the Caribbean however we still completely enjoyed that cruise. 

Again, please enjoy, have an afternoon tea service, listen to some nice music with new friends and possible an adult beverage in you hand.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tranquility Base said:

Thanks for the 'Live from'

Did you specifically book a cabin with a bathtub, or did it just work out that way ?

It just worked out that way, we had a balcony guarantee, this is what we got, the wife loves a tub, so I’m happy. Actually room is great. B4

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

@ORV Thank you for taking the time to share.  It both thoughtful and educational for those reading.  I hope you will take the time to take it all in and focus on your own enjoyment.  I want to thank you for showing the prices of the drink packages and upgrade from select to Prestige. That was very informative and supports the many posts done prior.  

I heard you were missing a port from one of your previous posts.  I loved your response.  Anyone who has ever cruised, regardless of brand, has had the same thing happen.  It is one of the surprises of cruising.  It can never be planned perfectly.  My wife and I are still sorry we missed swimming with the pigs in the Caribbean however we still completely enjoyed that cruise. 

Again, please enjoy, have an afternoon tea service, listen to some nice music with new friends and possible an adult beverage in you hand.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

Sthrngary...I completely agree about missed ports. We missed one in 2019 on Celebrity (Kotor, Montenegro) due to "Adriatic weather conditions" - this was the "system" that swamped Venice, where we had just left 3 days earlier.  They weren't compfortable navigating the channel (fjord) into Kotor, and the tendering would not have been safe. Rather than a sea day, the captain gave us Corfu, Greece, where we could dock.  Likewise, still loved that cruise.  Just have to be prepared for things such as this.

ORV, thanks so much for this post...loving it, and the photos of the Riviera.  Do enjoy your cruise! 🙂

• Like 2

Hi ORV - Thank you for posting from the “new” Riviera. Great information and photos around the ship. Is it any chance you can find out onboard when the summer 2025 schedule suppose to go on sale.

Thanks.

I’ll see what I can find out about the schedule. One thing I noticed new in the room.  The closet light now has a proximity sensor, when the door is open and you are close to it the light comes on. It used to be tied to the door being opened. 

we just docked in Nassau. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Another change in the room lighting is the bathroom nightlight. It is a blue light that comes out from underneath the vanity. I don’t see a way to turn it off, but I don’t want to.

Here’s a couple of pictures of the chairs in the GDR. I like how the color blends well with the filigree on the glass. That and the carpet seems to the only change there. Also as you can see there is no shortage today of jam. I’m also happy to report that the corned beef hash has not bee replaced with brisket. 

64E9EBE9-8953-4F6B-8B66-C8ECCC413F34.jpeg

5A437936-5DE6-4217-8C2F-B21AFD76C6C4.jpeg

7F83758B-E1DF-4082-83CB-421BDDE40582.jpeg

• Thanks 3

We are in port with 3 other ships. Carnival Elation, Norwegian Encore and Celebrity Silhouette. Might be packed out on the streets. We’re heading out a little later. 

7F3D7E65-56F2-416C-801A-01F21357E17B.jpeg

412F25AA-4E42-40D2-85E9-590D10501996.jpeg

3B436151-05C2-4FF7-96D3-E6A9E9C8EFB9.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Here’s some random deck shots. Not many people out this morning. I don’t think there’s a lot of people onboard period, I’ll try to find out numbers later. 

D8E6706E-EA7F-4A08-9488-C04C7FFE0569.jpeg

520E9894-7998-4E70-A34A-EBB82A0AE61A.jpeg

38E0E6EE-A3C7-4B4C-B294-92739DD71AB4.jpeg

8486362E-5B95-4DD6-AE05-7E87BC5935BE.jpeg

5B26BB51-173D-4F31-8A48-03282E1ED666.jpeg

• Thanks 1

@ORVthanks so much for posting!

The ship looks great, maybe you can also share some first impressions about food and service? A lot of complaints lately, would be really interested to hear your opinion.

Service at breakfast was great. Food was as it always is, excellent. But we’ve only eaten twice in the Terrace and breakfast in the GDR. I’ll let you know if I notice anything slipping or off. Our room steward is doing an excellent job so far. Captain’s party is tonight. 

Edited by ORV
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, ORV said:

Service at breakfast was great. Food was as it always is, excellent. But we’ve only ate twice in the Terrace and breakfast in the GDR. I’ll let you know if I notice anything slipping or off. Our room steward is doing an excellent job so far. Captain’s party is tonight. 

Thanks as always!

I just realized that we actually were booked on this cruise lol.. had to cancel for family reasons, but we will be on the Riviera on May 22 from Barcelona. 

• Like 1

Just a quick correction, there are more ships in port now, and the Celebrity ship is Reflection, although I think there might be another Celebrity ship here although I can’t see the name. There is also a MSC ship. Lots of ships for Nassau. 6 I think. Back on the serenity of our ship. 

• Like 1