2025 world cruise???

Hflors

Thank you.  It is interesting to see how they have divided the 2024 WC.  I'll wait to see how they segment the 2025 WC or Pole to Pole GV,  if not sold out for the entire cruise, which is unlikely.  Cherie

Edited by cccole

19 hours ago, Cruising Is Bliss said:

YAY!!!  Pole to Pole on Volendam for me 🙂 I called my travel agent and she says HAL is going to be sending out a form to Future Dam holders asking everyone to pick whether they want their Future Dam applied to the GWV or to the Pole-to-Pole.

Just got ours and submitted it!  Impressed how quickly that happened.  Now we'll see if we get one of the staterooms we told them we preferred when I did the Future DAM deposit. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, cccole said:

Thank you.  It is interesting to see how they have divided the 2024 WC.  I'll wait to see how they segment the 2025 WC or Pole to Pole GV...

Here are the segments for the 2025 GWC from the selection form we got this morning; none indicated on the form for P-to-P segments.  Hope this helps.

(ignore the blue highlighted line - for some reason when I did a screen shot, it came across)

image.png.e585a0019fad901bf7330360a90d4ffb.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2023 at 9:12 AM, The-Inside-Cabin said:

HERE is a link to my blog with High-Resolution Copies and a PDF Version of the World Cruise and the Grand Voyage "Pole to Pole" Itinerary

For those looking for segment info for 2025, I saw it at the bottom of the page in small print for the 124 day 2025 world.  I assume similar info would be found on the page for the longer pole to pole.

• Thanks 1

I haven't done a WC previously as itineraries didn't interest me.  Now I see one that looks interesting. My questions - for anyone booking a 'guarantee cabin', is there usually something better/upgrade? For example from inside to obstructed? Or are the outside cabins totally booked, so that if you do a guarantee inside, you will only get a guarantee inside? Should I be only booking a cabin level I want?

I am told that HAL prevents the various companies from discounting or offering perks - is that true, or is it list price until the 90 day final payment?

And out of curiosity, were there many pillow gifts on the world 2023?  Everyone on my GVSA was complaining about the lack of most everything.  I got on for the 2nd segment - got the journal + that's it. not much grand with all the movies instead of entertainers, and so on.

Edited by klsd

3 hours ago, klsd said:

I haven't done a WC previously as itineraries didn't interest me.  Now I see one that looks interesting. My questions - for anyone booking a 'guarantee cabin', is there usually something better/upgrade? For example from inside to obstructed? Or are the outside cabins totally booked, so that if you do a guarantee inside, you will only get a guarantee inside? Should I be only booking a cabin level I want?

I am told that HAL prevents the various companies from discounting or offering perks - is that true, or is it list price until the 90 day final payment?

And out of curiosity, were there many pillow gifts on the world 2023?  Everyone on my GVSA was complaining about the lack of most everything.  I got on for the 2nd segment - got the journal + that's it. not much grand with all the movies instead of entertainers, and so on.

Pillow gifts might change in 2025

A few points to ponder on the pole to pole - rough count 83 port days - 50 sea days - pretty port intensive - this can be good or bad depending on your POV.  

A lot of time in cooler climates - again - good or bad.

Seeing Antarctica March 2-5 is at the end of the season - chances of less than optimum conditions are higher.    Do your research on March conditions in Antarctica to ensure your expectations are calibrated.    If you want to see Antarctica, keep in mind that it's possible the entire Antarctica Experience could get scrubbed or significantly reduced due to weather.   Don't be one of those people who say - the only reason I booked this cruise is to see Antarctica.  

So.....keep your eyes open when looking at the pros/cons.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

A few points to ponder on the pole to pole - rough count 83 port days - 50 sea days - pretty port intensive - this can be good or bad depending on your POV.  

A lot of time in cooler climates - again - good or bad.

Seeing Antarctica March 2-5 is at the end of the season - chances of less than optimum conditions are higher.    Do your research on March conditions in Antarctica to ensure your expectations are calibrated.    If you want to see Antarctica, keep in mind that it's possible the entire Antarctica Experience could get scrubbed or significantly reduced due to weather.   Don't be one of those people who say - the only reason I booked this cruise is to see Antarctica.  

So.....keep your eyes open when looking at the pros/cons.

Well Said.

On 4/21/2023 at 4:02 AM, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

FYI  the 2024 World Cruise has only 150 cabin's not booked yet.

However, in looking at HAL's website, both the Signature Suites and Neptune Suites have opened up during the last few weeks.  We cancelled our full cruise booking in mid-March but rebooked for the first two segments.  The website at that point showed no NS or SS cabins, although we got a guarantee for the FLL - Tokyo segment.  Have since cancelled that, however.  My point is that as hefty deposits are coming due around June 1st and final payment around September 1st, there may be way more than 150 available cabins.  I am surprised that there are 150 open now.  BTA, how did you come up with that number?