2025 world cruise???

Hflors

10 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

I have the same cabina on 2024

From what I read from HAL, isn't it a "request" for  a particular cabin number pending the actual opening of the cruise, but understanding that it would likely be honored?   

24 minutes ago, Roz said:

What is the official name of this Pole to Pole cruise y'all are referring to?  Where can I find it on the HAL website?  

It's not on the HAL site yet but Pete (The Inside Cabin) was kind enough to share the info they got on the WC last week from Gus A.

2025-World-Cruise-Package.pdf (theinsidecabin.com)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

From what I read from HAL, isn't it a "request" for  a particular cabin number pending the actual opening of the cruise, but understanding that it would likely be honored?   

No. Getting any specific cabin would be pretty unlikely until booking opens because every cabin is subject to the first dibbs rule. Anyone already booked on the previous world cruise (in this case 2024) has their same cabin for the following year (2025) if they want it.

3 hours ago, Cruising Is Bliss said:

No. Getting any specific cabin would be pretty unlikely until booking opens because every cabin is subject to the first dibbs rule. Anyone already booked on the previous world cruise (in this case 2024) has their same cabin for the following year (2025) if they want it.

That is true for the World Cruise, but it’s not true for the Pole to Pole. It’s on the Volendam which has a different layout. First dibs go in the order I which the FCD was submitted. According to the future cruise consultant on board the World Cruise, FCDs have been taken as early as Sept 2022. We put in our request at the end of Jan so it’s unlikely we’ll get one of our preferred cabins.

On 4/24/2023 at 12:17 PM, Ipeeinthepools said:

Neither itinerary appeals to me, I'll just stay in the Caribbean in 2025

Agree. There are other lines doing "Pole to Pole" cruises that are more appealing due to having Polar class ships and ability to actually get to Antarctica or Arctic with Zodiac or kayak adventures. But we might be tempted on the GWC (at least a segment) as it finishes part of our 2020 GWC that we wanted to get to. 

21 minutes ago, REOVA said:

Agree. There are other lines doing "Pole to Pole" cruises that are more appealing due to having Polar class ships and ability to actually get to Antarctica or Arctic with Zodiac or kayak adventures. But we might be tempted on the GWC (at least a segment) as it finishes part of our 2020 GWC that we wanted to get to. 

Don't settle for less than you really want

1 hour ago, REOVA said:

Agree. There are other lines doing "Pole to Pole" cruises that are more appealing due to having Polar class ships and ability to actually get to Antarctica or Arctic with Zodiac or kayak adventures. 

I am curious what the price differential between the polar class ship cruises and the HAL Pole to Pole will be.  

~Nancy

• 2 weeks later...

Status Update for those with FutureDAM deposits -

I called the World Cruise Desk this morning to check the status.  They told me they are starting to work on them and would do them in the order of them being received.  She said that everyone should be notified by May 18th via email and we will have 5 days to respond and get a full deposit applied.  Suspect there are likely a lot of people ahead of us since we only found out about doing the $200 deposits in March so no telling where in the queue we are.  And so we wait some more .... but at least we'll be on a cruise (on Zuiderdam, ironically) while waiting!  😉

• Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 8:01 AM, The-Inside-Cabin said:

A few points to ponder on the pole to pole - rough count 83 port days - 50 sea days - pretty port intensive - this can be good or bad depending on your POV.  

A lot of time in cooler climates - again - good or bad.

Seeing Antarctica March 2-5 is at the end of the season - chances of less than optimum conditions are higher.    Do your research on March conditions in Antarctica to ensure your expectations are calibrated.    If you want to see Antarctica, keep in mind that it's possible the entire Antarctica Experience could get scrubbed or significantly reduced due to weather.   Don't be one of those people who say - the only reason I booked this cruise is to see Antarctica.  

So.....keep your eyes open when looking at the pros/cons.

Pete, thank you. I took a good hard look at both cruises. Spent a week considering the pros & cons of both and then switched my future dam back to the GWC.

Edited by Cruising Is Bliss