Nespresso Coffee Machine in every Sun Princess cabin!

startedwithamouse

Every rendering for the Sun Princess staterooms includes a Nespresso machine, so why are people acting like the world is ending without coffee cards available?

No need for room service coffee in the future.

Nespresso machines are currently in select cabins on Discovery. 

Looks like easy to use Nespresso machines will be included in the future.

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 2

• startedwithamouse changed the title to Nespresso Coffee Machine in every Sun Princess cabin!
2 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Every rendering for the Sun Princess staterooms includes a Nespresso machine, so why are people acting like the world is ending without coffee cards available?

No need for room service coffee either in the future.

NessPressYuck.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

No need for room service coffee either in the future.

Wow .. that’s interesting.  
But, I know what you mean about reactions to the elimination of the Grounds Coffee Packages.  

We have been on the Discovery Princess for the past four weeks. For the first two weeks I sat in the Buffet every morning watching people get their coffee out of a large coffee pot, because the coffee machine was out of order.

38 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

No need for room service coffee in the future.

Nice.  Which cabins on the Discovery have them?  

2 minutes ago, billco said:

We have been on the Discovery Princess for the past four weeks. For the first two weeks I sat in the Buffet every morning watching people get their coffee out of a large coffee pot, because the coffee machine was out of order.

What does an industrial size coffee machine have to do with individual Nespresso capsule machines in cabins?  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

What does an industrial size coffee machine have to do with individual Nespresso capsule machines in cabins?  

Nothing I guess. I was just making a comment. I'll try to be relevant in the future.

Edited by billco
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

because only selected few will be traveling on the Sun Princess? Everybody else wants their coffee cards on OTHER ships and they want them now. Not in a "rendering."

P.S. "Let them eat cake!"

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, VibeGuy said:

Less than 2% of Discovery cabins, then.   That goes beyond “selected” to “precious few”. 

Discovery is a current ship, someone asked which cabins had it.

This post is about Sun Princess and Nespresso machines shown in every rendering of staterooms.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

because only selected few will be traveling on the Sun Princess? Everybody else wants their coffee cards on OTHER ships and they want them now. Not in a "rendering."

Current ships have room service coffee, buffet coffee and International Cafe/Princess Live!/Pastry Shop coffee. This is just an observation which direction Princess is going. Less manpower running around delivering coffee, cleaning carafes, etc. 

Who is to say room service will be included in the future?  Not a sure thing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Current ships have room service coffee, buffet coffee and International Cafe/Princess Live!/Pastry Shop coffee.

and what do they have to do with the loss of the coffee card packages right now?

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

7 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Discovery is a current ship, someone asked which cabins had it.

This post is about Sun Princess and Nespresso machines shown in every rendering of staterooms.

For many of us who truly USED the coffee package, its irrevelant that a few suite guests have machines or the the Sun Princess might have them. Most of us will never be in a suite and there are many other ships sailing with an IC. 

So you asked 'why are people complaining about the coffee package being discontinued'. Thats why. What they are doing on Sun is irrevelant to most,  and  even if they are putting Nespresso machines in every Sun cabin ( which would shock me, regardless of what pictures are showing), its highly doubtful that would carry back to existing ships. 

Edited by Buckeye10640
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:
1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Once the Coffee / Tea card stopped covering tea it lost its value for me (JMHO). Yes I wS initially upset by the change but then I figured out how much the loss added to my per day costs. It's $8 + tax. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Once the Coffee / Tea card stopped covering tea it lost its value for me (JMHO). Yes I wS initially upset by the change but then I figured out how much the loss added to my per day costs. It's $8 + tax. 

I can buy 2-3 20 packet boxes Twinnings, Bigelow or Ahmad tea for $8. That's a lot of tea. Every day.

And we love tea - we usually have 4+ hot teas every day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Tell me any hotel room with a Nespresso machine which doesn't provide capsules?

I could instead tell you about all the hotels which don't provide a Nespresso machine in every room. Much like most Princess (and other cruise line) ships. 🙂

• Like 1