Anyone enjoying the new menu selections?

And I ate neither chicken nor meatloaf.  I didn’t see meatloaf on any of our menus.  I did have delicious crab cakes, beef bourguignon, sauteed filet of sole, pecan crusted salmon, butternut squash soup, DD loved the Indian dishes, brother & son loved all the lamb dishes.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, poocher said:

And I ate neither chicken nor meatloaf.  I didn’t see meatloaf on any of our menus.  I did have delicious crab cakes, beef bourguignon, sauteed filet of sole, pecan crusted salmon, butternut squash soup, DD loved the Indian dishes, brother & son loved all the lamb dishes.  

I've seen a couple of posters say how good the pecan crusted salmon was. Now I need to try it too. 😁

2 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Don't get excited - non of the salmon's or any dish on the new menues is really noteworthy good!

Have you had the chance to try the salmon teriyaki on the Asia menu? I thought it was really good.

I have to agree and disagree.  The menu is more limited.  There is no arguing that.  But except, in my case, for Mexican night, I found something I really liked every night.  I don’t like Indian or spicy so that was gonna be a challenging night for me.  In the future, that will be a specialty or WJ night.  But as long as there a choice I REALLY liked every night why do I care if there are 10 choices or 6?  
The food was 90% delicious.  This was the general consensus of six adult diners, 2 of whom were newbies.  My brother couldn’t understand what the fuss was about.

And an aside, he was shocked to have his room serviced twice a day.  His comment?  On land you’re lucky to get fresh towels and your trashed emptied every day!  I think we are all a little spoiled here 😊

• Like 2

5 hours ago, poocher said:

I have to agree and disagree.  The menu is more limited.  There is no arguing that.  But except, in my case, for Mexican night, I found something I really liked every night.  I don’t like Indian or spicy so that was gonna be a challenging night for me.  In the future, that will be a specialty or WJ night.  But as long as there a choice I REALLY liked every night why do I care if there are 10 choices or 6?  
The food was 90% delicious.  This was the general consensus of six adult diners, 2 of whom were newbies.  My brother couldn’t understand what the fuss was about.

And an aside, he was shocked to have his room serviced twice a day.  His comment?  On land you’re lucky to get fresh towels and your trashed emptied every day!  I think we are all a little spoiled here 😊

On which ship did you have this unusual experience and when please?

I need a menu so we can plan our 3night dinner pkg to coincide with the menu.  I won't want to do Mexican, (nothing they make compares with San Antonio TexMex anyway) and I don't care for curry so no Indian night, I'll do the rest, but I need to plan.  Can anyone help?

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

I need a menu so we can plan our 3night dinner pkg to coincide with the menu.  I won't want to do Mexican, (nothing they make compares with San Antonio TexMex anyway) and I don't care for curry so no Indian night, I'll do the rest, but I need to plan.  Can anyone help?

Its on the app.

Look at the current or next sailing for an idea if your sailing isn’t listed yet.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, poocher said:

Yes the crab cake and fish dishes were good. As mentioned previously the strip steaks are best avoided as they are truly tasteless.

21 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Indian wasn’t a night unto itself on our sailing.  There was an Indian offering every night.  And do remember, the theme of the night is just a few dishes not the whole menu.  So on Mexican night there were non Mexican dishes.  I just didn’t like any of them.

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

Just wait until you are on the ship. Your waiter will be glad to show you all the menus.

13 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Don't get excited - non of the salmon's or any dish on the new menues is really noteworthy good!

I has some nice salmon dishes from new menu. They are basically variations of salmon from previous classic menu. Quality vary as it varied before.

3 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

On which ship did you have this unusual experience and when please?

Unusual experience? Why?

We had two cruises since menu change. Enchantment and Liberty. We were satisfied with menus in MDR and mostly in WJ. 

Before I’m told I have nothing to compare … this was our #27 cruise with Royal. #11 after restart. We cruise with RCI since 2004. Most cruises happened starting from 2016 (only 5 prior… and we were not fans of Royal food back then in comparison to other lines) 

15 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Unusual experience? Why?

We had two cruises since menu change. Enchantment and Liberty. We were satisfied with menus in MDR and mostly in WJ. 

Before I’m told I have nothing to compare … this was our #27 cruise with Royal. #11 after restart. We cruise with RCI since 2004. Most cruises happened starting from 2016 (only 5 prior… and we were not fans of Royal food back then in comparison to other lines) 

Pretty clear I thought. You are definitely in the minority of reported experiences. 

19 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Pretty clear I thought. You are definitely in the minority of reported experiences. 

And I think people like to complain and then pile on to other complaints.  Not to mention there’s a reason it’s called Cruise Critics.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, poocher said:

And I think people like to complain and then pile on to other complaints.  Not to mention there’s a reason it’s called Cruise Critics.  

We experienced the new menus first hand on Explorer b3b. Might have been tolerable had Windjammer not also have been severly downgraded at the same time. We aren't picky but the tastless, mismash of dinner options were sad. I prefer to give honest assessments rather than just post glowing reports BECAUSE one believes others are just complainers. (Nearly 50 cruises on Royal, so I know when food offerings are worse than last year.)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, poocher said:

Well we all have opinions.  For the 6 of us, the food was, for the most part, tasty & well prepared.  YMMV

I never doubted you. In fact I said there is hope for our Harmony B3B. All of these posts add up to: "Your experience might vary by ship and staff." That is no reason to label those who post unacceptable experiences as "complainers." 

• Like 1