Move up from Aqua to Suites

Magela

19 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I think they were trying to add some exclusivity to the Aqua Suite to justify the upcharge for the same room which was a Sky Suite prior to April!

Celebrity tried Aqua Sky Suites years ago on Reflection. On Reflection, if you have a shower wall in the tub. It had been a Aqua Sky Suite in the past.

1 hour ago, KandMB said:

We just got off Infinity, it was very frustrating trying to get a table in Blu every night, some nights we waited over an hour. Several tables were blocked off for a large group of about 16, when we asked about this we were told they had suites but liked to eat in Blu and although we couldn’t make a reservation they could ‘make a plan’.

I doubt if anyone in CC would find that acceptable.  Really hard to believe.  I assume you did not escalate the issue?  I wonder if there was a misunderstanding about what was really happening.  Perhaps a a arge group staying in AC with a few suite guests mixed in?

Not too late to let shire management know what you were told and that as a result to had to wait over an hour.  I suspect the ship management will deny it.  But a formal complaint might help someone in a future cruise.

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

Celebrity tried Aqua Sky Suites years ago on Reflection. On Reflection, if you have a shower wall in the tub. It had been a Aqua Sky Suite in the past.

Yes I used to love them as very few people would want to pay the upcharge for them over a S2 leaving many unsold.  I would often bid on a Suite GTY (W) and almost always be assigned the AS.

I know the approach this time is to take some of the "better" S2 cabins and reclassify them with the aqua ammenities and try to extract the upcharge.   Some sailing I've seen over 1k pp.  Not worth it to me.

• Like 1

I didn’t escalate it, maybe I should have but it’s very awkward at the time. We did mention it in the main dining room as we ate in there a few times when we couldn’t get a table and we did have a basket of fruit delivered to our cabin as an apology from the maitre’d so they were aware of the problem. We tried early, late and in between but always had a long wait in Blu and we found it hard to plan our evenings. To add to the problem we were told to wait in Cellar Masters who ran out of Malbec on the last two nights! It has put us off booking Aqua again. 

• 4 months later...
On 3/16/2023 at 11:10 AM, wrk2cruise said:

Groups of 16 shouldn't be allowed to dine together in either Blu or Luminae either.  Large group sizes in these small venues almost always detract from the experience of others.  (noise).

Or to be able to turn-over the table several times in the evening, as oppose to one long dinner/gathering. 

13 minutes ago, CruisinShips said:

Sorry to ask a question I should have seen elsewhere...but at the risk of being ridiculed I will...how far in advance of a cruise do they accept move-up bids?  I have heard/read some varying answers to this.

You can enter a bid within 21 days of the voyage and it could be accepted anytime after you put in your bid up to two days prior to voyage departure.  See FAQs...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

Edited by d9704011

On 3/15/2023 at 3:54 PM, DCPIV said:

Retreat guests ticked off because they were refused. Perhaps also Aqua due to crowds. 

Retreat guests really have no business going to BLU....just my opinion. If you don't like Luminae, dine in a specialty restaurant or go to the Oceanview that night.

LOL! Confused about Blu...

Hi Everyone, I booked an Aqua Balcony on the Constellation November 22nd departure and I assumed that the Blu restaurant is the default restaurant for the Aqua class balcony cabins. Is this still true? This is one of the primary reasons why I booked the Aqua class balcony to begin with. Also, if I selected the early dining (6pm) seating time will I be able to get a table for this seating time or do I need to make a reservation? 

7 hours ago, d9704011 said:

You can enter a bid within 21 days of the voyage and it could be accepted anytime after you put in your bid up to two days prior to voyage departure.  See FAQs...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

I was able to bid on an upgrade a little under 90 days out from our cruise and it was accepted about 75 days before. (This is for an October cruise)

39 minutes ago, karmamule said:

I was able to bid on an upgrade a little under 90 days out from our cruise and it was accepted about 75 days before. (This is for an October cruise)

Ahhh... the opening times for bids must vary a bit depending on the voyage.  I have a Transatlantic planned for next April (I am currently in Aqua) and when I enter my reservation number and name it tells me 21 days.  Or, maybe, they've flagged me for some reason!!

Quite possible all the potential upgrades are currently sold too.

Edited by d9704011
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, fl2go said:

LOL! Confused about Blu...

Hi Everyone, I booked an Aqua Balcony on the Constellation November 22nd departure and I assumed that the Blu restaurant is the default restaurant for the Aqua class balcony cabins. Is this still true? This is one of the primary reasons why I booked the Aqua class balcony to begin with. Also, if I selected the early dining (6pm) seating time will I be able to get a table for this seating time or do I need to make a reservation? 

Yes if you booked an Aqua Class cabin your assigned dining room is Blu.   It is open seating with no set dining times and no reservations accepted.  It's first come first served.  I believe it generally opens around 5:30.  Generally getting seated before 6:30 isn't an issue.   During the prime dining times there may be a wait.

10 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Ahhh... the opening times for bids must vary a bit depending on the voyage.  I have a Transatlantic planned for next April (I am currently in Aqua) and when I enter my reservation number and name it tells me 21 days.  Or, maybe, they've flagged me for some reason!!

Quite possible all the potential upgrades are currently sold too.

I have never seen bidding open up before final payment is due.  I have seen before 21 days open up on a few of my cabins I have booked.  Really depends probably on demand and availability of rooms on the ship.  I have seen many times right before final payment lots of rooms open up because of group holds released.  

• 6 months later...

I recently called Celebrity and told them I booked an Aqua Sky Suites and if I use the move-up program to a higher suite. Will I lose access to the spa amenities? They said if you change the category of the room out of Aqua Class. You will have to pay additional to have access to the spa amenities. With the exception if you are getting a spa treatment or purchase a daily or weekly pass to go into the spa amenities! 

So be careful using the move-up program if you want to have the Aqua Class amenities. 

Also, if you go from the concierge category to an Aqua Class category. You will not have spa amenities unless you pay additional for them! 

Sounds like it is better to book Aqua Class if that is what you want to have! (depending on the cruise)

Not sure if the rules will change. but, that is the story I was given by the representative I spoke to at Celebrity!

On 3/15/2023 at 1:06 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

On a MoveUp you keep your perks exactly as before - beverage,  gratuity, etc.  You move get those things attached to the cabin - luminae, retreat, premium beverage WHILE IN THE RETREAT, and are charged if tip cost is higher.

Drinks, beverage package and gratuities do not come along with Retreat if you do a move-up bid unless you already have AI.