Move up from Aqua to Suites

Magela

11 minutes ago, Magela said:

Do you keep the Aqua class amenities if you move up to a suite?

On a MoveUp you keep your perks exactly as before - beverage,  gratuity, etc.  You move get those things attached to the cabin - luminae, retreat, premium beverage WHILE IN THE RETREAT, and are charged if tip cost is higher.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

No - you would only get Aqua privledges if your Move Up was into an Aqua Class Sky Suite. 

I'm not sure you keep them even then.  I know your assigned dining room will change from Blu to Luminae, but I don't know about spa privileges.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I'm not sure you keep them even then.  I know your assigned dining room will change from Blu to Luminae, but I don't know about spa privileges.  

You still get spa access with an Aqua Sky Suite. It's just the suite + aqua product combined. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class/aqua-sky-suite

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

You still get spa access with an Aqua Sky Suite. It's just the suite + aqua product combined. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class/aqua-sky-suite

But that's its own animal.  I don't know that you keep spa privileges if you move up to any other sort of suite.

1 minute ago, DCPIV said:

But that's its own animal.  I don't know that you keep spa privileges if you move up to any other sort of suite.

🤔

The question was do you keep Aqua amenities if you Move Up to a suite.

The answer is no - with the one exception being if your Move Up is into an Aqua Class Sky Suite. 

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

🤔

The question was do you keep Aqua amenities if you Move Up to a suite.

The answer is no - with the one exception being if your Move Up is into an Aqua Class Sky Suite. 

Thanks.  I completely misread your original response.

If you are moving from a AquaClass to a Sky Suite. You keep the package (WiFi, classic drink package and tips) You Will have free drinks in The Retreat. Your auto tips will increase. Outside of The Retreat you will have the CDP, even when dining in Luminae.

Are you moving from a AquaClass to a Aqua Sky Suite? If you are, you will get additional spa privileges.

I hadn't realized this about Aqua suites.  It appears room service is available from the Blu menu.  This is taken from the above link.

Full In-Suite Menu (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) featuring clean cuisine from Blu

The other thing I found interesting on these pages is it appears access to Blu on a space available basis is only available to Aqua-Suites.   It's not listed for Sky-Suites or Royal-Suites (which mention every other restaurant).

Last Sept on Equinox we were in a Sky suite and were told that Blu was no longer an option that it was upper suites only.   I presumed at the time it was at least partially to give the Aqua-suite some differentiator.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I hadn't realized this about Aqua suites.  It appears room service is available from the Blu menu.  This is taken from the above link.

Full In-Suite Menu (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) featuring clean cuisine from Blu

The other thing I found interesting on these pages is it appears access to Blu on a space available basis is only available to Aqua-Suites.   It's not listed for Sky-Suites or Royal-Suites (which mention every other restaurant).

Last Sept on Equinox we were in a Sky suite and were told that Blu was no longer an option that it was upper suites only.   I presumed at the time it was at least partially to give the Aqua-suite some differentiator.

When they created the Aqua Sky suites I noticed they had access to Blu on a space available basis and my first thought was that would result in other suite guests not being allowed in Blu.  

26 minutes ago, jelayne said:

When they created the Aqua Sky suites I noticed they had access to Blu on a space available basis and my first thought was that would result in other suite guests not being allowed in Blu.  

I'm confused.  If they took some suites and renamed them Aqua Sky Suites the total number of suites nets out the same right? So don't see how this would change the Blu availability?

8 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I'm confused.  If they took some suites and renamed them Aqua Sky Suites the total number of suites nets out the same right? So don't see how this would change the Blu availability?

They likely were getting too many requests for Blu which, in turn, resulted in a lot of ticked off Retreat guests. 

42 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Wouldn't that result in ticked off AQUA guests since the Retreat guests going to Blu would be clogging it up?

Retreat guests ticked off because they were refused. Perhaps also Aqua due to crowds. 

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

I think they were trying to add some exclusivity to the Aqua Suite to justify the upcharge for the same room which was a Sky Suite prior to April!

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

Retreat guests ticked off because they were refused. Perhaps also Aqua due to crowds. 

Ah. Well, they could always see if there are Aqua people who would be willing to eat in Luminae instead since people who actually booked to eat in there don't seem to want to. Even things out.

Of course then commoners would be breathing the elite Retreat air...

From my past experience just 2 weeks ago, going from an Aqua class to a Sky Suite- I lost the ability to go to the spa thermal rooms.  They were all adamant that I pay $80/day to access that area.

(ps. couldn't even use the area after paying for a spa day either)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jillianr1976 said:

From my past experience just 2 weeks ago, going from an Aqua class to a Sky Suite- I lost the ability to go to the spa thermal rooms.  They were all adamant that I pay $80/day to access that area.

(ps. couldn't even use the area after paying for a spa day either)

Sky Suites don’t have access to the spa as a amenity unless one is booked in a Aqua Sky Suite.

We just got off Infinity, it was very frustrating trying to get a table in Blu every night, some nights we waited over an hour. Several tables were blocked off for a large group of about 16, when we asked about this we were told they had suites but liked to eat in Blu and although we couldn’t make a reservation they could ‘make a plan’.

20 minutes ago, KandMB said:

. Several tables were blocked off for a large group of about 16, when we asked about this we were told they had suites but liked to eat in Blu and although we couldn’t make a reservation they could ‘make a plan’.

That is exactly the opposite of what it should be.  I would have asked to speak to the Food and Beverage Manager.  Suite guest are allowed on a space available bases and in my mind that does not mean displacing Aqua guest.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, KandMB said:

We just got off Infinity, it was very frustrating trying to get a table in Blu every night, some nights we waited over an hour. Several tables were blocked off for a large group of about 16, when we asked about this we were told they had suites but liked to eat in Blu and although we couldn’t make a reservation they could ‘make a plan’.

I would have asked to see the F& B Manager or Hotel Director.  Aqua guests are suppose to have priority in Blu and we have been in Blu when Suite Guests were turned away or told they could be accommodated after 8:30.

We have also been in a Suite and Blu was full and not seating Suite guests.