Costa cruising

Hi all. We have a cruise booked on Costa Firenze later in the year. Wondering if anyone can post their experiences if you have sailed with Costa. (No Concordia input thanks 🙂 )

We have been told that announcements will be made in English and Italian as a lot of Italians travel on Costa. We have also been told that there are some limits on restaurants you can go to on a basic fare.

For comparison, we have previously sailed Princess, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and P&O.

Thanks in advance for your input.

6 hours ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Hi all. We have a cruise booked on Costa Firenze later in the year. Wondering if anyone can post their experiences if you have sailed with Costa. (No Concordia input thanks 🙂 )

We have been told that announcements will be made in English and Italian as a lot of Italians travel on Costa. We have also been told that there are some limits on restaurants you can go to on a basic fare.

For comparison, we have previously sailed Princess, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and P&O.

Thanks in advance for your input.

I don't know if you've seen this review of her most recent Costa cruise by Emma Cruises but it's very comprehensive. From her review of the line as long as you know what it's like and are a bit flexible you could have a really great time. It's an Italian line so I imagine the default language is Italian.

On 3/17/2023 at 5:45 PM, SinbadThePorter said:

Also German, French  and Spanish.

I don't know why they don't just make one announcement in Esperanto.

Because no one speaks Esperanto, even though it would benefit everyone if we did.

Should be taught in every school from grade 3 around the world.

Would possibly save a lot of conflicts if they did.

25 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Because no one speaks Esperanto, even though it would benefit everyone if we did.

Should be taught in every school from grade 3 around the world.

Would possibly save a lot of conflicts if they did.

You've got to be kidding.😱 It's hard enough teaching English which, BTW, is the most widely spoken language in the world so why try and bring in another? How long would it take to teach the teachers and how many would be qualified to teach them, by then English may be universal - problem solved.

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

You've got to be kidding.😱 It's hard enough teaching English which, BTW, is the most widely spoken language in the world so why try and bring in another? How long would it take to teach the teachers and how many would be qualified to teach them, by then English may be universal - problem solved.

Sorry Bizziecruzer I did not mean to hijack your thread.

Info on Costa Cruises would be interesting I have never sailed with them, may give it a try if I knew more about them.

regards

Never again Costa for us. 

OK, in all fairness it was CHEAP and a last-minute decision to cruise for a week or so from/to Singapore. 

Awful, just awful. Old ship, totally geared to Chinese. Only perhaps 200 non-Chinese passengers, and we were huddled together for comfort. 😂

Diabolical food, so much so that the waiter apologised when serving it, 'i am sorry, i have no idea what that is'.

We contemplated jumping ship in Bali, where, coincidentally we arrived at 07.30 pm, instead of 09.00 am. And STILL, they conducted "sightseeing tours" of the rice terraces. In pitch darkness. No refunds for those poor souls who had purchased tours. Because we DID run the tours!

Well, I'm sure the new mega ships they have are a lot better.

🙂

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

Costa.... ummm      My Cousin and his wife did a costa cruise in asia a 14 nighter,.. the other year

they are princess cruisers..... what they said   OMG Never again..... it was a good price but no.....

good luck  Don 

I said the same thing about MSC Cruises. Spotless modern ship, but just too big and too many different languages for me!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I said the same thing about MSC Cruises. Spotless modern ship, but just too big and too many different languages for me!

I thing it comes back to it.. each to his own... great thing lots of cruise lines to go with...

for us it is Princess and shorter ones on Cunard  and really short ones Spirit of Tassie lol

just waiting for lunch  ( up near Halls Gap ) for BH Birthday...  

Smoked Salmon, Tuna Pate. freshly cook bread Rolls  served with a local Fizz

and dinner is Fresh Prawns, chips and salad with French Fizz.

Cheers Don

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

I thing it comes back to it.. each to his own... great thing lots of cruise lines to go with...

for us it is Princess and shorter ones on Cunard  and really short ones Spirit of Tassie lol

Cheers Don

Yum!! Enjoy your birthday celebrations at lunch and dinner near Halls Gap.  I thought of your holidays when my younger daughter recently visited the Grampians National Park, which she loved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Cheers Don🍾🦞🦐

You are 'livin the dream there young Don. Enjoy !!

• Thanks 1