Premium Extra Package Confusion - Currently on Seascape

surfjock27

Has anyone had issues with the Easy Plus? It now say it is good for drinks up to $10. Is it really only good up to $9 like is was a few weeks ago? I assume all the $9 drinks are now $10. What a $hi% Show. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, surfjock27 said:

IMG_1775.thumb.png.ef70ca140e348f24a6d8f41e19174a08.pngWe are currently on Seascape and have the Premium Extra Package. 

We tried to purchase a drink listed at $16 and were denied, with them saying drink only up to $15. 

We explained that a few weeks ago the price of the package went up, which included the price of thinks. We explained that the limit is now up to $16 according to the website AND the sales person who helped me upgrade from East Plus (included with cruise fare) to the Premium over the phone last week. 

Off to Guest Services we went. Not to complain, but to inquire, to make sure we understood properly. They are telling us it’s in fact $15 and the website is wrong. “An error.” 

Has anyone experienced this? I’m confused. The drink we tried to get was $15 a few weeks ago and we could get it with Premium. The price went up to $16 when the package went up, but they are saying the site is wrong. 

Would you mind posting the bar menu?

If it is still the winter 2022 bar menu, then MSC is correct that premium only includes up to $15.

If the bar menu has changed to the summer 2023 menu, then I would have expected the new premium $16 limit to apply.

Hope you are enjoying your cruise nevertheless!

Some of the menus are old $9 & $15. Some menus are new $10 & $16. 

We met a bartender last night on the ship who told us this is known internally and that MSC really messed up. 
Apparently it is going to be $16, but until the entire ship is updated with the new menus, they are not honoring the new $16 limit, yet they are charging  the new higher price. Annoying. 

He said the guests last cruise were very frustrated with the same issue. 

My confusion is this; if you only got some of the menus in, why put half of them out that have to old prices and half of them out with the new prices? 

Again, it’s not a huge deal, we can find things $15 and under. However, it’s the principal that when I upgraded from EP to PE, I paid the new PE price and it’s not being honored. 

</rant>

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 8420PR said:

Would you mind posting the bar menu?

If it is still the winter 2022 bar menu, then MSC is correct that premium only includes up to $15.

If the bar menu has changed to the summer 2023 menu, then I would have expected the new premium $16 limit to apply.

Hope you are enjoying your cruise nevertheless!

Yes, I’ll post some. Please check and my latest post and you’ll see that some menus are Winter and some are Summer, which is throwing everything off. When we upgraded we paid the new pricing, for the $16 limit, hence the frustration. 

• Like 2

This is what my travel documents from MSC says. I assume people with the Easy Plus package are encountering similar issues in that drink prices have increased to $10, but are being told the package only covers drinks up to $10. I plan to bring this print-out with me, as I believe these travel documents represent my "contract" with the cruise line.

image.png.d62076cfffec6ab206889a46cb3f94b7.png

10 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

This is what my travel documents from MSC says. I assume people with the Easy Plus package are encountering similar issues in that drink prices have increased to $10, but are being told the package only covers drinks up to $10. I plan to bring this print-out with me, as I believe these travel documents represent my "contract" with the cruise line.

Well, it's probably only a "contract" when they need to exert the terms for their benefit. When it's an issue that you're having with them, it's probably more like "guidelines"... lol

Tom

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

I could see MSC saying that it's UP TO but not including $10 😋  Wouldn't doubt it. (ARGH)

• Like 1

We have a Virtuosa sailing at the end of April when the ship home ports in Southampton and the currency changes from Euros to Pounds, our booking details say 14 which we take to be pounds sterling per drink, have not seen any posts on other platform groups as to whether there are issues with being refused drinks. I will ask the question and post a reply.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I have mine which clearly states up to $16 and was told my the Bar Manager, “it is a mistake and we cannot honor it.”

6 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

MSC Cruises (USA) LLC operates as the sales agent only and does not own or operate any MSC Cruise vessels.  MSC Cruises S.A. out of Geneva operates the vessels and sets the rules.  

Is it a cluster?  Yup.  Likely to win in any sort of court?  Nope.  

Honestly, it doesn't matter, they couldn't easily go after the sister companies due to common ownership. FTUTPA is Florida unfair and deceptive trade practices act and this screams violation. If the sales agents are pushing it, that company qualifies and if they have any common ownership, which I'm sure they do, they could bring all of the companies into the mix. 

We travel in May on the World Europa, and on the website it's displaying as drinks up to $15, but we booked and I'm sure ours was a dollar less. Will be automatically be updated to drinks up to this value, or will we not be updated? I don't get it.

1 minute ago, RBrowny said:

We travel in May on the World Europa, and on the website it's displaying as drinks up to $15, but we booked and I'm sure ours was a dollar less. Will be automatically be updated to drinks up to this value, or will we not be updated? I don't get it.

That’s the equivalent of €13 for cruises in the Med, which is the old limit.  The new limit will be €14, reflecting the increased drinks prices.  Seems that there’s gonna be a lot of confusion around this issue. 

Just now, Beamafar said:

That’s the equivalent of €13 for cruises in the Med, which is the old limit.  The new limit will be €14, reflecting the increased drinks prices.  Seems that there’s gonna be a lot of confusion around this issue. 

But we booked with the 13, so will we now be  €14?

9 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

But we booked with the 13, so will we now be  €14?

Is the limit indicated where you log into your booking?  Ours for next week shows the limit as €13;  our October Med cruise shows it as €14.   PE was included in the fare so I can’t say whether we’re paying the old or new drinks package price.

As the changeover hasn’t rolled over across the fleet, yet, the situation is still unclear.  

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Is the limit indicated where you log into your booking?  Ours for next week shows the limit as €13;  our October Med cruise shows it as €14.   PE was included in the fare so I can’t say whether we’re paying the old or new drinks package price.

As the changeover hasn’t rolled over across the fleet, yet, the situation is still unclear.  

We booked through a TA, but upon logging in it's displaying as no packages or anything, but on our booking it displays we have it. So, I am really unsure

10 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Bea ... On our tickets it says 14 which is likely to be pounds sterling but on the app it still says 13 euros ... 😂Looks like the Hamster needs changing on the wheel.

1 minute ago, RBrowny said:

We booked through a TA, but upon logging in it's displaying as no packages or anything, but on our booking it displays we have it. So, I am really unsure

Our October booking is through a TA.  The MSC confirmation (which I always request from a TA, apart from their confirmation invoice) shows the inclusions  - gratuities/ drinks package etc, so I know they’ll be shown when I log in.  I would have your TA check into it. 

1 minute ago, sidari said:

Bea ... On our tickets it says 14 which is likely to be pounds sterling but on the app it still says 13 euros ... 😂Looks like the Hamster needs changing on the wheel.

Having different currencies across the fleet will only confuse this issue even further.

It took MSC some time to sort out the mess they made when they included Easy in Aurea bookings, but offered Premium as a promotion for a Fantastica booking.  Methinks it’ll take it a while for them to cop that they’ve made a mess of this.  In the meantime, the poor crew on the ships  - especially at Guest Services - are in for a torrid time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Beamafar said:

Our October booking is through a TA.  The MSC confirmation (which I always request from a TA, apart from their confirmation invoice) shows the inclusions  - gratuities/ drinks package etc, so I know they’ll be shown when I log in.  I would have your TA check into it. 

Yeah, I'll have to check with the TA. On the app it's showing no package, but press on beverages and it only shows me options to buy cakes so assume something back end isn't working

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UKCruiser2022 said:

If you buy a drink and pay the difference, do you know if you get charged a tip on the difference paid? Thanks

Confirmed. My husband got a drink for $18 and paid the $3 difference with added extra gratuity. 

• Like 1