Unlimited Dining - can i have LUNCH and Dinner and a late night meal?

No, you can only go once a day to Playmakers. You could work around that limitation, if you have more than one person on the UDP and just not use one person's Playmakers visit for lunch and have them use theirs for the second visit.

Edited by TheBucketLister
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheBucketLister said:

No, you can only go once a day to Playmakers

Ok.  Can I do this:   With unlimited dining, can we eat lunch at Portside BBQ- then dinner at Chops - then a 10pm wing run back at Playmakers?

You can eat at as many places in one day for restaurants which have a traditional fixed price for dining.  You can only eat at the restaurants with à la carte menu prices (that have a dollar amount allowance) once per day.

So in your example, yes you could do Portside BBQ-Chops-Playmakers.

You get 20$ in playmakers. On Oasis we went just my UDP only ordered onion rings 

forget exact charge but went back later and again got wings towards my plan. It was same waitress both times 5 hrs apart but she remembered  us 

You can eat at any of the specialty restaurants (with limits as described above) so long as the restaurant can accommodate you....IOW, as long as you can get a reservation for those restaurants that require reservations.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheBucketLister said:

You can eat at as many places in one day for restaurants which have a traditional fixed price for dining.  You can only eat at the restaurants with à la carte menu prices (that have a dollar amount allowance) once per day.

So in your example, yes you could do Portside BBQ-Chops-Playmakers.

So it would work to go to say, Jamie's for lunch, Chops for dinner, Jamie's for a second dinner and then Playmakers for a late night snack? (I have a hungry teenager!)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BobNoxious said:

Can i have 2 entrees at a specialty restaurant if reserved and I have unlimited dining?

For the most part, no.  The exception to the multiple entree question is Giovanni's.  Because they like to serve "family style", you can usually get multiple entrees there, but generally, not at the other specialty restaurants.

7 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

For the most part, no.  The exception to the multiple entree question is Giovanni's.  Because they like to serve "family style", you can usually get multiple entrees there, but generally, not at the other specialty restaurants.

If the second entrée you order with the UDP is a half portion served as a side dish, it is usually not a problem.  You need to ask your server in the restaurant.  I know I did this in both Chops and Giovanni's on the Vision 3/10-3/20. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pcur said:

If the second entrée you order with the UDP is a half portion served as a side dish, it is usually not a problem.  You need to ask your server in the restaurant.  I know I did this in both Chops and Giovanni's on the Vision 3/10-3/20. 

But i would doubt you could get a steak or lobstertail in Chops as a half portion. Does work for Giovanni's pasta dishes though.

If you're really that hungry to order a second entree, just order up on appetizers  or extra sides.  As for late night things, Depends on how late you want to eat.  Playmakers closes around midnight.  I'm sure they stop serving food a little earlier than that.

1 hour ago, njsmom said:

So it would work to go to say, Jamie's for lunch, Chops for dinner, Jamie's for a second dinner and then Playmakers for a late night snack? (I have a hungry teenager!)

Yes, as long as they have times available.

2 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

But i would doubt you could get a steak or lobstertail in Chops as a half portion. Does work for Giovanni's pasta dishes though.

If you're really that hungry to order a second entree, just order up on appetizers  or extra sides.  As for late night things, Depends on how late you want to eat.  Playmakers closes around midnight.  I'm sure they stop serving food a little earlier than that.

Ummmm....noooooo..... I will order my dinners to suit my tastes. 

I will order a second half order entree INSTEAD of the sides.  Chops, especially, has carb-loaded sides (the asparagus being the exception), so my half portion substitute worked well for me, and was not a problem.

It's been my experience that ship's restaurants will take orders up to closing time, as they allow extra time after closing time for late arriving guests and clean-up.  I have seen this many times as I am exiting a specialty restaurant near closing time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Ironically, the Royal Caribbean website describes the unlimited dining plan as being able to get MULTIPLE ENTREES...

entree.JPG

• Like 3

On 3/22/2023 at 3:06 PM, The Scurvy Pirate said:

I thought I saw this past fall "new" menu's for chops that specified "your choice of one" for apetizers and entree's, but when I looked at the menu's for my upcoming cruises, no limitation was noted.

This is unfortunately common with RCL, customer service says one thing, the website another, then real life experiences are a crazy train in between the ship and servers. It's frustrating. 

• Like 1

How far out is the unlimited dining plan offered before a cruise begins?  Our cruise sails on May 12, 2023, 8-night cruise, and they aren’t offering Unlimited dining package.  Might it be offered closer to the cruise departure or just not offered on our cruise if it’s not offered yet?

Ship's are managed as if they are a franchise with management onboard making up their own rules.  This has long been a frustration with the UDP.  One ship does it one way, another ship does it similar but maybe not. 

The UDP becomes like dealing with stock investments... Performance quoted represents past performance and does not guarantee future results.

Take everything posted about the UDP in this light.  Ask onboard and try.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still very confused about the UDP.  So let's say both the wife and I visit Playmaker's for lunch.  Do we each get $20 to put towards lunch?  So as long as the bill was below $40 for the 2 of us, we're good?

1 hour ago, BBQ Bacon said:

I'm still very confused about the UDP.  So let's say both the wife and I visit Playmaker's for lunch.  Do we each get $20 to put towards lunch?  So as long as the bill was below $40 for the 2 of us, we're good?

Yes.  $20 pp in playmakers once a day.  You could still go somewhere else in the evening.  Drinks are outside this cost.  This is just food.  You can actually order quite a bit for $20.  

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 11:39 AM, I Fly said:

How far out is the unlimited dining plan offered before a cruise begins?  Our cruise sails on May 12, 2023, 8-night cruise, and they aren’t offering Unlimited dining package.  Might it be offered closer to the cruise departure or just not offered on our cruise if it’s not offered yet?

It's probably sold out. We sail on a May 19 cruise, and have had it available to select for months now.