LIVE ALASKA NCL BLISS 04-22-2023 to 04-29-2023 Review

graphicguy

1 hour ago, www3traveler said:

Are you aware of the Port of Seattle's Port Valet Program.  Depending on your flight departure and airline, you might qualify.  The program is a FREE service of the Port of Seattle.  If you qualify, you will recieve full information.  The day before you return to Seattle, you will get luggages and your boarding pass.  Luggage is offloaded, sent directly to your airline and you picked at your final airport destination.  From the ship, you go directly through security and to your gate.  It saves time and hassles.

We used Port Valet in 2021 and it was awesome! We will definitely use it again next month if it's available to us.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I didn’t spot any single malts, but Black Label is my go to and they have plenty.   Also plenty of Wild Turkey and Bulliet. 😎

It’s all a step up from the $10 Evan Williams and Tall Boy of Rainier for my normal ‘cheap’ happy hour. Cheers, mate. 

5 minutes ago, Lush LaRue said:

Comment: A live report for a sailing that hasn’t even happened yet, now has reached 15 pages worth of posts and banter. This might be a fun group. 

Love your name - Lush. 🥂 Cheers!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Lush LaRue said:

Comment: A live report for a sailing that hasn’t even happened yet, now has reached 15 pages worth of posts and banter. This might be a fun group. 

Fortunately, we have an advanced scout already checking on the four major cruise food groups. 

Scotch, beer, bourbon, steak and beer.

(don’t nobody get mathy on me now)🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Fortunately, we have an advanced scout already checking on the four major cruise food groups. 

You forgot bubbles and wine. 🥂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Are you aware of the Port of Seattle's Port Valet Program.  Depending on your flight departure and airline, you might qualify.  The program is a FREE service of the Port of Seattle.  If you qualify, you will recieve full information.  The day before you return to Seattle, you will get luggages and your boarding pass.  Luggage is offloaded, sent directly to your airline and you picked at your final airport destination.  From the ship, you go directly through security and to your gate.  It saves time and hassles.

Enjoy your cruise.

I am aware.  Great program.  Thanks for the reminder.

48 minutes ago, Lush LaRue said:

It's what we do.  We are enablers for each other. 😉

• Haha 5

Just peaked inside the fridge.  From the looks of it, diner will be about 3 tbs of Mac and Cheese, 12 green beans and 2 slices of pizza for dinner tonite to clear everything out.

There's something else in there that I'm hoping is bleu cheese.  If it isn't, it will need to go outside in the "big" trash can.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

BTW....with the 2 emails about watching the safety video I got today, that makes a grand total of 8 requests to watch the same video.  I'm sure they'll ask me to watch it again once I board.  

I think I could pass out the life jackets and give directions to where everyone's muster station is with all these briefings.

• Haha 5

New pro tip:  if you have both passport book and card, dig the book out at checkin.  Otherwise you will receive a letter in your room at end of cruise telling you that you are special and have to go to Manhattan room at disembarkation for special treatment by CBP.  I’m told I can upgrade to non special by presenting my passport book at guest services prior to disembarkation. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I never sign up for meet and greets but ALWAYS crash them when they’re in the brew house for that rare morning Guinness. 😎🐀  See you there brother!

That'll work.  Great!

BTW...any weather prognostications for next week?

• Like 1

Well I bungled that up. No way to delete a post?

re passport book and card - on my way now to pick mine up. I booked so late for this ‘surprise! You might get laid-off at anytime’ make vodka lemon-aid out of lemons job news.. I didn’t want to risk sending it in expedited and having it not arrive. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

That'll work.  Great!

BTW...any weather prognostications for next week?

We had great weather this week.  Of course, it’s always sunny at the bar.   I’ve already made four good friends at the Observation lounge bar, and that doesn’t include passengers. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

My dad loves Jersey Boys too.  It’s his kind of music.  He also uses the word “crap” when describing musicals that are not to his liking.  He said crap a lot when we saw Mean Girls in New York.  He also used it for Hamilton.  I didn’t speak to him for the rest of the night after that one!😂

This reminds me of my late father.. when he was critiquing my taste in 80s pop music as a kid my mum ratted him out by saying his father had said the exact same stuff about The Beatles  when he was younger. In fairness dad did like newer music too but he was very keen on the music from his heyday, he drove one of the surfers cracked on a road trip when the only cassettes he had in the car were dire straits and the eagles. The last gig he attended was Bruce Springsteen at the local rugby stadium here with his younger brother after I got early access to the ticket sale, that was just a few months before he passed. 
He appreciated good performers and liked original stuff but I don’t think Six or Hamilton would appeal as musicals, however he’d have enjoyed the historical contexts and the ego puncturing natures of them.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

New math.

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I'm good with that! The more the merrier! Enjoy your second leg! B2Bs are the BEST! I'll be jumping on the Prima in a week - doing a LIVE review for @Sailing12Away and others. 

If you remember, tag me when you start up your review so I can live vicariously and continue to get excited about my turn in September. I've been bad lately with checking in here and our other 🐀 place, work has been kicking my behind lately. I've got no excursions booked for Iceland and time is running out to book private stuff, so definitely not my norm of plan plan plan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

If you remember, tag me when you start up your review so I can live vicariously and continue to get excited about my turn in September. I've been bad lately with checking in here and our other 🐀 place, work has been kicking my behind lately. I've got no excursions booked for Iceland and time is running out to book private stuff, so definitely not my norm of plan plan plan.

It will start in less than 12 hours…stick around.

I see people post with a rat emoji.  Is that some sort of secret sign?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6