Likelihood of Getting a Non-Stop Flight Using Oceania O'Life Inclusive Air

Luv2trvl18

1 hour ago, Cruisingagain2022 said:

Interesting because I just booked a cruise for 2024 and there was a deviation fee for traveling the day before 

Interesting.  We are coming in a day early for a 7/2024 cruise and there was no deviation fee.

1 hour ago, Cruisingagain2022 said:

Interesting because I just booked a cruise for 2024 and there was a deviation fee for traveling the day before 

Was the fee for coming in early or for choosing specific flights, etc.?  You should not have paid a fee to arrive a day early but you still have to pay a custom air fee to choose specific flights/routings.

27 minutes ago, basor said:

Was the fee for coming in early or for choosing specific flights, etc.?  You should not have paid a fee to arrive a day early but you still have to pay a custom air fee to choose specific flights/routings.

Flying in early 1 day and for a specific airline non stop. We are over 12 months out so come August I may change this and book independently .. it was from the UK to Oslo 

33 minutes ago, JRIH said:

Interesting.  We are coming in a day early for a 7/2024 cruise and there was no deviation fee.

Maybe a specific airline non stop the day before also business class versus economy .

we can jot book until August since cruise is not until July 2024 so it all may change 

3 minutes ago, Cruisingagain2022 said:

Flying in early 1 day and for a specific airline non stop. We are over 12 months out so come August I may change this and book independently .. it was from the UK to Oslo 

Then the fee is for requesting the specific fight and route and not for arriving a day early.....if you just requested to arrive a day early, you would not have paid a fee

17 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Have to get a definite answer about the deviation, yes there is a charge for going in early or not. Our cruise in question is Nov 2023, Bcn to Mia, from yyz.

@jonthomas I can see how frustrating this must be for you.  I felt the same way on Airfare, "O" Perks, and Drink Packages.  My advice is call Oceania, be very specific on what you want to do and get the answer straight from the Horse's mouth.  On a very personal note, I had the "O" air option for my November 2023 cruise.  I cancelled it and took the lower fare.  I booked myself with Delta on a Fully Cancelable fare.  Not to much different and controlled everything. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@jonthomas I can see how frustrating this must be for you.  I felt the same way on Airfare, "O" Perks, and Drink Packages.  My advice is call Oceania, be very specific on what you want to do and get the answer straight from the Horse's mouth.  On a very personal note, I had the "O" air option for my November 2023 cruise.  I cancelled it and took the lower fare.  I booked myself with Delta on a Fully Cancelable fare.  Not to much different and controlled everything. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

I have the same option but have to wait until August since cruise is not until July 2024 … I have lots of Delta sky miles and flying from UK so can use KLM 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Cruisingagain2022 said:

Maybe a specific airline non stop the day before also business class versus economy .

we can jot book until August since cruise is not until July 2024 so it all may change 

Did you pay the fee already??

Plus BIZ class  will incur an up charge

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jonthomas said:

Have not paid anything yet. Final pay is not till August. 

I think this question was for the poster indicating they paid a deviation fee for coming in a day early but then indicated that they asked for a specific flight and business class so they paid the fee for asking for specific flights not for coming in a day early.

31 minutes ago, basor said:

I think this question was for the poster indicating they paid a deviation fee for coming in a day early but then indicated that they asked for a specific flight and business class so they paid the fee for asking for specific flights not for coming in a day early.

Yes in post #74 they  mentioned  there was  a fee 

Usually O does not charge the deviation fee until you agree on the flights

Not sure if they were just told there would be  a fee or they paid a fee 

Hence my question to  @Cruisingagain2022

No wonder   people are confused  ..lots of misinformation & speculation  posted  here 🤔

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Did you pay the fee already??

Plus BIZ class  will incur an up charge

It’s part of the cruise total but TA has responded and said if we don’t take the flight there will be a reduction in overall price and it will become cruise only. 

3 minutes ago, Cruisingagain2022 said:

It’s part of the cruise total but TA has responded and said if we don’t take the flight there will be a reduction in overall price and it will become cruise only. 

Thanks

Must be different in the UK

We are not charged a deviation fee here until we select the flights

Yes if you drop the air then the price will drop

that is a  different scenario  than was posted above

Just now, Cruisingagain2022 said:

LH28 you just responded 

“I was not asking you “ hence my response 

That comment was for Jonthomas

that is why his post was quoted in my reply

sorry to confuse you

2 minutes ago, Cruisingagain2022 said:

LH28 you just responded 

“I was not asking you “ hence my response 

Lyn was responding to and quoted a post by jonthomas, not to a post by you.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

I give up 🙄

Maybe the phone app doesn't show the quotes or something? Your responses to quoted text are clear using my browser on a computer but obviously something is missing from some posters' interfaces.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1