Likelihood of Getting a Non-Stop Flight Using Oceania O'Life Inclusive Air

Luv2trvl18

I have been on the phone with O for almost an hour, being passed from one rep to another, all agree that there is no deviation fee going in a day or two earlier as long as you let them know 90 days before and accept the flights given...BUT no one can show me where this new policy is in writing...I am now on the 3 rep....

stay tuned...

• Haha 2

still on hold for rep # 6....

outrageous...

yes I know you will all tell me that my TA should be the one to find it...

no way would I expect my TA to spend this kind of time on this...

ok...will let you know ...

9 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

still on hold for rep # 6....

outrageous...

yes I know you will all tell me that my TA should be the one to find it...

no way would I expect my TA to spend this kind of time on this...

ok...will let you know ...

Your TA probably has a specific "go to" rep that could provide you the "written proof" you require in much less time

• Like 2

Ok rep #6 gave me the answer....

on page 4 of your invoice in fine print...

as long as it is outside of the 90 days and you accept the flight given, O will NOT charge a deviation fee....it is there in writing....the important fact being the "outside of the 90 days and no more than 3 days earlier or later".

Just now, jonthomas said:

So the poster that said they paid deviation, maybe they were at the 90 or later point.

Be aware of that date.

No - I don't believe you read the answer to the question about her air.....she is not paying a fee for going in early, she is paying a fee for requesting specific non-stop flights and business class.....O announced several weeks ago that they would not charge a deviation fee if you took their supplied air and wanted to come in up to 3 days prior or stay 3 days post.  If you want specific flights than you will pay the fee....it is not that hard to understand!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, basor said:

Your TA probably has a specific "go to" rep that could provide you the "written proof" you require in much less time

@basor Exactly.  My TA goes directly to their contact at Oceania.  Sometimes there is a wait, other times they get right in.  The point is, on things that are not crystal clear on a social media site, need to go through the Cruise Brand.  If it takes a while, so be it.  Better to know now then wait until it is to late.  

@jonthomas Fight the good fight and get your answer.  Some days it is easy to get into the right person, some days it is not.  In any case, stay calm and get your answer.  All that matters is all the details are done and accurate when we cruise so we simply have a great time.  All the waiting will be forgotten by then. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment.

• Like 1

ok...well now you can also see it in writing whereas before people were going on word of mouth...

someone even asked if it may apply to 2024....

it applies to all going forward....

my first contact was the air department and they could not tell me where I could find this policy...thats not very reassuring....lol....

anyway now it is done...case closed....

but would still like to hear how others are doing with their O flights....

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

So the poster that said they paid deviation, maybe they were at the 90 or later point.

Be aware of that date.

their  cruise is not until Aug 2024 

16 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Have cruised O 4 times, using O air.  Have always had nonstop flights, from/to major east coast city.

depends on where you are flying

in some cases you cannot get there  from here without  a connection 😄

• Like 1

Part of the enjoyment of DIYers is having control and spending hours on the phone scouring for details. It’s what they choose.

I have a TA and know how to use her. It’s what I, and multiple other posters here choose. Each to their own. Enjoy your experiences.

I played 18 holes of golf today while someone here chose to spend the time querying Oceania. Each to their own! 🍷

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LHT28 said:

No wonder   people are confused  ..lots of misinformation & speculation  posted  here 🤔

Absolutely.

And at this point, almost impossible to correct or refute.  So I'll just sit here on the sidelines with my popcorn.

13 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Part of the enjoyment of DIYers is having control and spending hours on the phone scouring for details. It’s what they choose.

I have a TA and know how to use her.

I have yet to find a TA that is both proficient in cruise travel AND air travel.  Two vastly different realms, and most all cruise agents just take the path of least resistance and minimal effort/knowledge.

My two kopeks.

3 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

I have yet to find a TA that is both proficient in cruise travel AND air travel.  Two vastly different realms, and most all cruise agents just take the path of least resistance and minimal effort/knowledge.

My two kopeks.

Some  agents  can multi task  & do both 😉

• Like 1

Speculation is like wishing. You can hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst.  Other people’s experience may not be yours.  We booked late and couldn’t find any airfare even close to O’s.  While the flights wouldn’t be my choice, it gets us to the cruise.  The connecting times are 2 hours between planes.
We also booked a Viking cruise and opted for the air.  While we only have one connection each way, the flight times are bad.  Our flight going home leaves at 6 am.  Viking often books exit planes early in morning.   

• Like 1