Ultimate Balcony Breakfast for One?

cpcanuck

I posted this in the solo forum already and no one had an answer, so it was suggested I try here in the main forum.

I am booked on an Alaskan Cruise this summer on Princess. I’m curious if it is possible to get the ultimate balcony breakfast for one? Or does it have to be for 2? Has anyone tried to do this?

6 hours ago, BobAnne said:

I had the Breakfast gifted to me when I was a solo cruiser a pre-pandemic. It was a lot food but overall a fun experience. 

Good to know! It means it might be possible. I do worry about the large amount of food. I’m not in a suite but I did splurge on a balcony. I am trying to find a way to have a nice breakfast on my balcony (short of having to trundle down to the buffet and try to bring food back to the cabin).

Thanks!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, seeyouinthesun said:

I have been wondering the same, I'd love to do either the breakfast of the dinner, but I'm a solo traveller as well. 

Thank you! I knew that there had to be other solo travellers wanting these kind of experiences!

The Ultimate Dinner sounds more like a romantic evening meal. I kind of hoped that the breakfast version might be easier to adjust for a solo.

Anyone else have experience with this?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My Alaskan cruise was not solo, and not with Princess, but we also had a balcony & think the idea of a solo breakfast with a toast to the snowy peaks is fantastic! I hope it works out for you, and don't miss the experience of gliding by those snowy mountains in a hot tub on deck with a refreshing beverage! Excellent!

On 4/11/2023 at 3:04 PM, CruzeQueen2 said:

Would love to hear what is offered and served at the Balcony breakfast. Couldn't find any information on the website. Has anyone had this lately?

TIA 

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants/ultimatebalconydining.html

On 4/11/2023 at 9:34 AM, CruzeQueen2 said:

Would love to hear what is offered and served at the Balcony breakfast. Couldn't find any information on the website. Has anyone had this lately?

TIA 

We did it a few months ago. It included - Quiche, bacon, hash browns, roasted tomato, pastries, fresh fruit, bagels with cream cheese and salmon etc, orange juice, coffee and a half sized bottle of sparkling wine. 

0F8DF765-3FB2-4A70-8519-AC511282AEE0.jpeg

BD61C538-0CF1-4145-9F21-F486123BDAA3.jpeg

2A67D3BD-4BB7-416A-A635-92BEE9B39709.jpeg

• Like 2

On 3/26/2023 at 6:42 AM, cpcanuck said:

I posted this in the solo forum already and no one had an answer, so it was suggested I try here in the main forum.

I am booked on an Alaskan Cruise this summer on Princess. I’m curious if it is possible to get the ultimate balcony breakfast for one? Or does it have to be for 2? Has anyone tried to do this?

Yes you could do it for one but be aware that it’s enough food for 2-3 people. The balcony dinner the same. 

Tom😀

On 3/26/2023 at 3:18 PM, cpcanuck said:

Thank you! I knew that there had to be other solo travellers wanting these kind of experiences!

The Ultimate Dinner sounds more like a romantic evening meal. I kind of hoped that the breakfast version might be easier to adjust for a solo.

Anyone else have experience with this?

I’ve had both the Balcony Breakfast & Dinner but it has been with someone else. A lot of food for one person. 

Tom😀

11 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’ve had both the Balcony Breakfast & Dinner but it has been with someone else. A lot of food for one person. 

Tom😀

LOL! I am sure! That’s the point of my question…will they accommodate one person for a breakfast so that I don’t have to pay for two and end up with an exorbitant amount of food.

It sounds like you enjoyed your balcony meals! 😊

C

image.png.3a637915055cf0e3809021667647c880.png

Too much food. I would order from Room Service. It's easy to do on the TV if you don't want to use a phone or tablet. I can't say for sure but I doubt they will be flexible enough to cut it in half and I sincerely doubt they would make a price adjustment.

On 3/26/2023 at 6:42 AM, cpcanuck said:

I list checked on the Princess web site & The price for either the breakfast or dinner is based on 2 people so be prepared for a lot of food or find a partner. If I was on your cruise I’d be willing to share. 

Tom😀

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

I ordered the breakfast for the cabin, however, I could not find out when they delivered it.  I need it at 5:30 am one morning.  Does anyone have any info on that?

Yes if you're in a suite.  Otherwise not before 6-6:30 and no telling when it will come in that 30 minutes,