Is there a problem finding chairs at CocoCay with two ships in port?

Sigyn

On the day that we're at CocoCay on Harmony of the Seas we'll also be there with Oasis of the Seas, so, two giant ships at the same time. Is there a problem finding seats at the beach or pool on these busy days at CocoCay? I'll be there next week and it will be my first visit to the island. I bought a water park pass for my 15-year-old son but I just plan to wander around, find a place to chill and sit in the shade, see the ocean, and read a book and drink a few frozen cocktails. 

Thanks so much for any input. 

Edited by njsmom

front row by the beach...yes.  But that would be a problem with just one ship.  There are rows upon rows of loungers.  May have to walk around a little if you want one closer to the shore.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, njsmom said:

On the day that we're at CocoCay on Harmony of the Seas we'll also be there with Oasis of the Seas, so, two giant ships at the same time. Is there a problem finding seats at the beach or pool on these busy days at CocoCay? I'll be there next week and it will be my first visit to the island. I bought a water park pass for my 15-year-old son but I just plan to wander around, find a place to chill and sit in the shade, see the ocean, and read a book and drink a few frozen cocktails. 

Thanks so much for any input. 

Others have already covered the details and hopefully put your mind at ease, but you’ll be there with Odyssey, not Oasis. Still a big ship, but not two Oasis class ships so that might help ‘a little’. Have a great cruise!! 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, njsmom said:

I just plan to wander around, find a place to chill and sit in the shade, see the ocean, and read a book and drink a few frozen cocktails. 

There will be enough chairs & loungers have umbrellas but I get on the island early to get one of the few loungers in shade at Oasis Lagoon.

This question is off topic, but can some one answer please?   My niece wants to use the wave pool at CocoCay.  From what I can tell you needed to have access to Thrill Water Park to use the wave pool, but I am not positive.  Can anyone confirm?  Thanks for any help.

1 hour ago, Cherful59 said:

This question is off topic, but can some one answer please?   My niece wants to use the wave pool at CocoCay.  From what I can tell you needed to have access to Thrill Water Park to use the wave pool, but I am not positive.  Can anyone confirm?  Thanks for any help.

That is correct.

I was so worried about this too. While I'm not an early riser, there are plenty of chairs AND umbrellas.  Now we were not front row, but there were ample choices throughout the island... we walked around first. If you are picky about your spot, then it's worth getting up early and staking out your spot.