Wandering on the Wonder--A Semi-Live (Maybe) Review

6 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Captain Rob

Marcelo(sp)  Cruise Director

No problem at Coco Cay the past few cruises.  We had one windy/rainy day but no docking issues.

M

thanks.     but yes Coco Cay is a miss about 10% of the time for the fleet.   I have been there when the winds were high and we barely got in.  

4 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Probably, recall Paul as first name in intro.

whose the chubby Brit doing intros? He was funny too in spots.

I would say Simeon Kirkiles but he isn't British and he does full sets of comedy.

• Like 1

Giovanni’s for dinner. Think they dropped some things off the menu. Thought there was a chop or a risotto dish. And the hazelnut tort on the app menu isn’t listed on the printed menu.

Still more food that we could eat.

9702583E-9B06-430C-A680-E6A0A63AA0A6.jpeg

01DA3454-610D-480C-BE03-8F3C4C09CA8B.jpeg

EBE7FF50-67AF-46D1-8E8F-989EB11E0A23.jpeg

5F0AA624-87DB-4F9E-9B32-1C00A20D7CC9.jpeg

0B12C257-BD90-4BCE-A75A-7CCAA021C5B2.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Next up INTENSE,Aqua show.

DBA00906-4AF9-434F-A02E-B5208C9B380F.jpeg

I hate that the got rid of the seats and it’s all benches now. My least favorite aqua show on all the oasis. Not much diving anymore, just all women dancing around. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, renza said:

I hate that the got rid of the seats and it’s all benches now. My least favorite aqua show on all the oasis. Not much diving anymore, just all women dancing around. 

I couldn’t agree more! I find those benches horribly uncomfortable!

1 hour ago, renza said:

I agree. Mostly modern dance with ninja moves to electronic music. Just done in water. 
Glad to see there’s life after college swimming and diving for these women. Obviously talented and well choreographed. Still, abit repetitive. 
Not sure if we’ll watch next year.

15 hours ago, patattack said:

I did not know Hooked was open for lunch.  

Pat

On a recent sea day on Wonder all the below were open for lunch.  We recently had the UDP and went to Hooked, Giovnni's, and Sushi for lunch during the week.   We did not  have a reservation for the sushi restaurant, but they were able to seat us at the sushi bar.

Hooked

Chops

Giovanni's 

Izumi Habachi 

Izumi Suchi

Playmanker

Johnny Rockets

Mason Jar ( Brunch) 

Enjoy

• Like 2

Can you put out the entertainment grid of when the shows are?  Entertainment at a glance?  Im not going for a while but it helop plan for dinner and specialty dinning.

Thanks in advance

31 minutes ago, rkak said:

Can you put out the entertainment grid of when the shows are?  Entertainment at a glance?  Im not going for a while but it helop plan for dinner and specialty dinning.

Thanks in advance

You can always look up the current sailing in the app. You'll see the same info as everyone onboard sees.

2 hours ago, rkak said:

Thanks in advance

Sorry can’t scan. But It’s out on the Royal Caribbean Blog site. Just scroll the Cruise Compass drop down for ship the pick a recent sailing similar to your itinerary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Day 3. Sea Day.

Chair hogs discovered early times on Solarium. 2 loungers down had towels and books out shortly after 7. Were still there at 11when we left. Saw no one.

Vets event. Not as good as what Carnival does, but still very nice and champagne and cupcakes were served 😋🥂

6C2F09B4-2DEE-4E48-8061-E7BB6914AF0A.jpeg

• Like 3

Dinner was Mason Jar. Enjoyed brunch there but for dinner most of the food was lukewarm at best.

Lobster Gumbo was really crawfish.

Shrimp and grits wasn’t southern,but the polenta was tasty.

DW’s brisket was pretty fatty.

no picture but chocolate pecan pie was essentially Hooked’s chocolate brownie middle with nuts in a pie crust.

So rumors to shy away from Mason Jar for dinner seem to bear truth.

The bar does have Whistle Pig Rye,for those inclined. Nice sea views from bar too.

AC15DF59-25F6-4D4F-9FD6-1AD2A13A13C0.jpeg

20CD7926-2FFC-4636-B1E8-9E7D46B78FC8.jpeg

DE72CDE1-0174-46CF-A565-B36373B424B9.jpeg