Laundry Questions

shepcookie

We will be on the Regal in May.  Can someone tell me how much it costs to do a load of laundry in the washer and also in the dryer?  Do I need coins or can I charge to my medallion?

Also, what hours are the laundromats open?

Thanks so much!

Tammy

31 minutes ago, simong said:

its $3.00 for wash $3.00 for dry and$1.50 for soap tokens sold at machines charged to your ship account

I recommend bringing your own soap and dryer sheets. Just a couple of each in a zip lock bag.

• Like 5

Thanks for the tips!  I'm actually Elite so free laundry, but would rather not send out my "unmentionables".  Plus, this is my travel mate's first cruise so it will be cheaper to do a couple of loads of laundry for her.

Tammy

• Haha 1

As long as the black card holder (medallion) member signs the form, and puts their name on the top, the laundry will not charge you. 

My Bride (not elite member yet) put her name on the papework and I had to have customer service reverse it, so I always fill out the forms now and have them ready for use.  Whatever is in the bag will come back in one bag.  (Even 'unmentionables'). 

And for what it is worth, the form does mention every category!  so nothing going to the laundry is 'unmentionable' and it is cheaper to get it done there than using your vacation time doing laundry! 

My advice, then, is to add your travel mate's laundry mates laundry to the bag!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, quincytoo said:

I was on the Discovery Princess end of February and to my happy surprise the washers and dryers were free to use plus they had free laundry soap and dryer sheets 

is this the new normal?

Let's hope so! ☺️

I notice the sign says wash in as hot as water as possible....so when I can't fit in my cloths on the cruise anymore I blame it on the laundry, not the food I've been stuffing in my face??? 🤣

• Haha 4