Ever Had a Port ADDED to your cruise (before final payment)?

dreaminofcruisin

This is a new one on me. Princess has ADDED a port -- Brussels/Bruges (Zeebrugge) to the end of our Midnight Sun cruise in August "in order to enhance the guest experience". This replaces the last sea day and the only other change that is a part of this is leaving Skjolden an hour early. 

We had an earlier itinerary change last December that replaced Gravdal, Norway (Lofeton Islands) with Andalsnes --- just a guess this was due to some of these Norway cities starting to restrict cruise ships. This moved some dates/ times around, but no other ports skipped.

Since I've never been to Belgium, this is a postive for me. However, I can't help thinking another shoe is going to drop....and later they will announce a skipped port that I want to go to. Regardless, I am sure we will have a good time...but just wondering what's coming?

Any thoughts? Anyone ever seen this?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

This is a new one on me. Princess has ADDED a port -- Brussels/Bruges (Zeebrugge) to the end of our Midnight Sun cruise in August "in order to enhance the guest experience". This replaces the last sea day and the only other change that is a part of this is leaving Skjolden an hour early. 

We had an earlier itinerary change last December that replaced Gravdal, Norway (Lofeton Islands) with Andalsnes --- just a guess this was due to some of these Norway cities starting to restrict cruise ships. This moved some dates/ times around, but no other ports skipped.

Since I've never been to Belgium, this is a postive for me. However, I can't help thinking another shoe is going to drop....and later they will announce a skipped port that I want to go to. Regardless, I am sure we will have a good time...but just wondering what's coming?

Conditions change all the time. Ports get canceled, swapped and  added   Never take note itinerary for granted 

Just now, dreaminofcruisin said:

They’ve done the same exactly on the June midnight sun cruise and they also removed Lofoten from that one as well in December. 

The Island Princess cruise in June and the one in July has just had Lofoten islands added and Longyearbyen cancelled. 

Longyearbyen has had a ban on certain fuel types for a couple of years so they probably knew they were cancelling that a while ago and so replaced it with a very good port which is Lofoten. It is a shame the Sky is not going to Lofoten.

I’d like to think the change was out of their hands and not a commercial decision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I'm *hoping* the add Bar Harbor back into the Canada/New England itinerary for this fall.  It *appears* that just *maybe* the locals are caving on their "ban".  Don Terris somewhat implied that on his vide yesterday.

As far as I am concerned this is a big mistake.  A bunch of people come off the ships and over run the town and the passengers spend very little money.  My message to the cruise lines which they will obviously ignore because they just don't care  is - if the towns don't want you then stay the he** out.

DON

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

The one time I've seen a port added to my itinerary pre-cruise, it was to replace a port that was dropped.  This wasn't on Princess, BTW.

Edited by Honolulu Blue

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I'm *hoping* the add Bar Harbor back into the Canada/New England itinerary for this fall.  It *appears* that just *maybe* the locals are caving on their "ban".  Don Terris somewhat implied that on his vide yesterday.

I would not use the term caving. A group of cruise industry focused businesses have filed suit challenging the law. It all depends upon the outcome of the case.

Personally having been there by land and on a cruise, I am backing the town. The experience was vastly different, and not for the better when the ship (3200 passenger) was in port