Decisions….decisions - MSC Divina YC or Grand Suite Aurea???

jmae2002

Hi all!  Would love the opinion of those that have cruises in the Divina or similar ship before in YC and not.  

We are current booked in an Aurea Grand Suite on deck 10…but a YC Exec family suite on deck 12 just became available.

We are a family of 4 and there is a $2500 (CAD) difference to go in YC.   We already have the easy plus drink package included in the Aurea grand suite price…so the difference would really be the YC amenities, slightly bigger room and priority embark/disembark. 

We are considering it due to the busy time of year (summer) and the fact that there are essentially 3 sea days in a 7 day cruise.

Worth it or not in your opinion???  I’m sooo torn….

6 hours ago, jmae2002 said:

Hi all!  Would love the opinion of those that have cruises in the Divina or similar ship before in YC and not.  

We are current booked in an Aurea Grand Suite on deck 10…but a YC Exec family suite on deck 12 just became available.

We are a family of 4 and there is a $2500 (CAD) difference to go in YC.   We already have the easy plus drink package included in the Aurea grand suite price…so the difference would really be the YC amenities, slightly bigger room and priority embark/disembark. 

We are considering it due to the busy time of year (summer) and the fact that there are essentially 3 sea days in a 7 day cruise.

Worth it or not in your opinion???  I’m sooo torn….

I'd do it.  

We have sailed YC on the MSC Splendida which is a sister ship to the MSC DIvina. My thoughts, at the additional asking price, are to keep your current booking. Your Aurea Grand Suite is furnished similar to the YC plus you have the drink package. The only four things that you would miss in YC are: having a butler, the forward view of the Top Sail Lounge, YC restaurant, and being able to jump the queue. You could eat in a specialty restaurant each night for less, and you have three sea days where queueing wouldn't matter.

26 minutes ago, jmae2002 said:

Good points!  We were concerned with how busy the pool deck and other venues would be on sea days and thinking YC may allow us to enjoy those days a little more.  Thoughts?

The "One Pool" is rather small. The Divina should be the same (we sailed in Europe) but having the  "One Bar" and buffet is very nice. We spent a good amount of time on sea days there. I feel that if you were in just a Fantastica Experience Balcony or Suite I would do it. But for $2,500 CAD ($1,848 USD) it seems like a lot for so little extra.

Not sure if it matters to you but YC does accrue more Voyager Club points.

• Thanks 1

Since you are already in Aurea you have access to the Aurea SunDeck which is never crowded.  I'd stick with what you have (even though I love YC, it is a lot of $ that could put put toward another cruise.)

• Thanks 1

I would do the YC.  We sailed for five days in a 1 bedroom Aurea Suite, then 7-days in YC.  Although the pool is small in YC, the lounge area is large.  Having the buffet by the pool for breakfast and lunch was delightful.  We found the Aurea sun deck to be very windy; there was a rather small bar up there where you walked to get your drinks and very few people.  We much preferred the atmosphere around the YC pool.  While dinners in the Aurea section were very nice and a big improvement over the regular MDR, breakfast is in the MDR, and it was not great.  One morning we went to the buffet for breakfast, which was crowded and noisy.  If you can swing it, the extra service in the YC is worth it. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...