Cruise Directors?

sandbug2

We have had some great experiences with cruise directors who have truly made the trip so much fun (shout out to Allehandro and Guiseppe) so I am wondering is there a place I can find out who is on what boat?  We have a couple of cruises coming up and I am curious. 

Thanks in advance!

Sandy

11 minutes ago, sandbug2 said:

We have had some great experiences with cruise directors who have truly made the trip so much fun (shout out to Allehandro and Guiseppe) so I am wondering is there a place I can find out who is on what boat?  We have a couple of cruises coming up and I am curious. 

Thanks in advance!

Sandy

Guiseppe is fantastic I agree! He's very active on social media so you can usually see what ship he is currently on if you follow him. I think he's on the Edge right now. 

Sometimes people post the ‘Who is on board’ sheet that shows the Captain and other staff including cruise director. Obviously, as staff rotate it changes. If you post a question a week or so before boarding giving your ship name and date someone may post the list for you.

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

Sometimes people post the ‘Who is on board’ sheet that shows the Captain and other staff including cruise director. Obviously, as staff rotate it changes. If you post a question a week or so before boarding giving your ship name and date someone may post the list for you.

Does Celebrity still print the Who is Onboard sheet anymore? I don't recall seeing it the last couple of cruises. 

2 hours ago, sandbug2 said:

Thanks in advance!

Sandy

I don't believe there is anywhere to find out who is working on any given ship now or in the future. 

There used to be a CC member who posted a detailed spreadsheet for each Celebrity ship senior staff. I believed the CC member got in big trouble after a while. It was probably an invasion of privacy of all those employees shown on the spreadsheet. 

I have had my favorite cruise directors, unfortunately they no longer sail with Celebrity as they left the business. 

We have a who’s on board now on eclipse. Some ships do it some don’t. But predicting forward to October is nearly impossible.

Try waiting until September and asking someone on a Reflection roll call who they have.  That’s about the best you can do.

4 hours ago, sandbug2 said:

Thanks all for the prompt replies!  We are on Reflection TA in October.

Way to far ahead as usually every several months they get a holiday.  I would suggest going to the rollcall of a cruise on Reflection in September as the start of that cruise.  Ask there.

2 hours ago, SeaWatch12 said:

Does Celebrity still print the Who is Onboard sheet anymore? I don't recall seeing it the last couple of cruises. 

There was none provided on our last two cruises recently.

Probably because a few years ago Celebrity noticed a post from a CCer regarding " Who's On Board " and " Here's Photos of My Dinner Last Night " and cancelled them.

There's much too much paper waste anyway with the daily " Promotional " flyers left in the cabins every night.

LOL-- Is it because we are now Elite that we get a mini chocolate bar on our pillow every night ?

Isn't the Who's Who on the stateroom TV these days? 

Agree with the others that the time to ask is a month or so before your scheduled sailing on the roll calls.  Even then, you would probably need to follow that person on social media to see if they're talking about their assignment or vacation.  And even then (part 2) they could always be reassigned at the last minute if they need coverage elsewhere. 

17 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Is it because we are now Elite that we get a mini chocolate bar on our pillow every night ?

I've always gotten a mini chocolate on my pillow on all my Celebrity cruises even when I didn't have status (I still don't have any status worth talking about).

17 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

Isn't the Who's Who on the stateroom TV these days? 

Like this? (from the Millie in November)

original_41ac4d5c-22e2-4d2a-b749-2707c815e774_IMG_20221106_065941.thumb.jpg.3721867a1e7bec21cd60a77d1f6f3bdc.jpg

4 hours ago, cruisegirlppp said:

Totally agree with sandbug2. Alejandro and Guiseppe are the absolute best cruise directors we have ever had on a cruise (sailing with Celebrity since the 90's). 

I have to agree too! 

Just got off the Edge.  Guiseppe was hilarious - Mama!! 

And we had Ale-handsome on our ill fated Covid Eclipse cruise around the horn in March 2020.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

(I still don't have any status worth talking about).

What " status " IS worth talking about ?

Remember--- it costs lots of $$$$$ to get to the top tier.

The folks that do get to that level deserve the extra perks and whatever else comes with it.

Loyalty pays " Dividends " .

FYI---We never felt being treated any less even when we were first time cruisers.

Service has always been excellent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pinboy said:

What " status " IS worth talking about ?

Remember--- it costs lots of $$$$$ to get to the top tier.

The folks that do get to that level deserve the extra perks and whatever else comes with it.

Loyalty pays " Dividends " .

FYI---We never felt being treated any less even when we were first time cruisers.

Service has always been excellent.

Very true, but we are so happy that we can now get free laundry mid-cruise.  lol  Happiness!!!  We also had a very nice time getting to that tier but the main reason we love cruising Celebrity is that they made us feel like royalty from our very first cruise, when we were lowly nobodies with zero status.  🙂

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 11:54 AM, Arubamoose said:

I have to agree too! 

Just got off the Edge.  Guiseppe was hilarious - Mama!! 

And we had Ale-handsome on our ill fated Covid Eclipse cruise around the horn in March 2020.

Oh my, Ale-handsome did a whole presentation about the beginning of the pandemic featuring your cruise!  Great pictures of staff and passengers improvising and making do. I had not realized the lengths to which Celebrity went to get some passengers and crew home. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I just got off the Eclipse. We had the worst cruise director, Rich Clesen and the worst house band which ame from Carnival, Sea Surfers. People called them the Creamers for their head-throbbing loud music.

We had an excellent cruise director in March on Solstice but the Celebrity is going to move him soon. 

15 minutes ago, Sdancer said:

I just got off the Eclipse. We had the worst cruise director, Rich Clesen and the worst house band which ame from Carnival, Sea Surfers. People called them the Creamers for their head-throbbing loud music.

We had an excellent cruise director in March on Solstice but the Celebrity is going to move him soon. 

heading on the eclipse in a month what made Rich Clesen the worste?

1 hour ago, Woody14 said:

heading on the eclipse in a month what made Rich Clesen the worste?

The list is too long for this thread :). In short, he is unpleasant and a bully.

Eclipse is going to South America on Dec. 7th and will have a different cruise director and a band soon but I do not know the exact date when it happens.

It might happen for your cruise - call Celebrity to find out.

Unfortunately, the Hotel Manager, Tudor Soacat, to whom a cruise director reports to, is seriously incompetent though he is cruising for many years. I came back from Celebrity Eclipse cruise today.

Many people on Eclipse were unhappy with Celebrity and will not return including me.

It was my 20th cruise with 6 different cruise companies (4 with Celebrity) and the worst cruise I have ever had.

I hope that you get a different cruise director and a different house band on your cruise - it would make a big difference.

Edited by Sdancer

We had Rich on a Reflection cruise last year and he was a piece of work. And not in a good way. 

He comes across as very fake; we were instantly turned off by him and his whole schtick. 

I've never really paid attention to the cruise director before on any of our sailings on lots of different lines. But we just tried to avoid Rich and turn the other way if he was coming. 

Fingers crossed he isn't on our next sailing!

• Like 1