Port schedules different from itinerary

mduffy1834

1. FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

Because I am anal......before I cruise I like to check the port schedules for the various places where we are going so I can see what other ships will be there.  Checked my Celebrity Equinox and the port schedules listed on cruisemapper.com and cruisetimetables.com show the same schedule for the Equinox.  However, our itinerary is Ft. Lauderdale-Antigua-St Lucia-Barbados-Martinique-Ft Lauderdale.  Do I believe Celebrity or the port schedules?  Never seen such a difference between the cruise line and port schedules.  Below is information on our cruise from cruisemapper.com and cruisetimetables.com 

24 Apr 16:00     Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida hotels
27 Apr 09:00 - 18:00     Basseterre St Kitts, Port Zante
28 Apr 08:00 - 18:00     Fort-de-France, Martinique
29 Apr 08:00 - 18:00     Bridgetown, Barbados
30 Apr 07:00 - 17:00     Castries, St Lucia Island
01 May 07:00 - 16:00     St Johns Antigua, RCI Royal Beach Club
04 May 07:00     Arriving in Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida

Cruise Itinerary: Fort Lauderdale, Florida (24 Apr d1600); Basseterre, St. Kitts (27 Apr 0900-1800); Fort de France, Martinique (28 Apr 0800-1800); Bridgetown, Barbados (29 Apr 0800-1800); Castries, St Lucia (30 Apr 0700-1700); St Johns, Antigua (01 May 0700-1600); Fort Lauderdale, Florida (04 May a0700)

22 minutes ago, mduffy1834 said:

1. FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

Because I am anal......before I cruise I like to check the port schedules for the various places where we are going so I can see what other ships will be there.  Checked my Celebrity Equinox and the port schedules listed on cruisemapper.com and cruisetimetables.com show the same schedule for the Equinox.  However, our itinerary is Ft. Lauderdale-Antigua-St Lucia-Barbados-Martinique-Ft Lauderdale.  Do I believe Celebrity or the port schedules?  Never seen such a difference between the cruise line and port schedules.  Below is information on our cruise from cruisemapper.com and cruisetimetables.com 

24 Apr 16:00     Departing from Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida hotels
27 Apr 09:00 - 18:00     Basseterre St Kitts, Port Zante
28 Apr 08:00 - 18:00     Fort-de-France, Martinique
29 Apr 08:00 - 18:00     Bridgetown, Barbados
30 Apr 07:00 - 17:00     Castries, St Lucia Island
01 May 07:00 - 16:00     St Johns Antigua, RCI Royal Beach Club
04 May 07:00     Arriving in Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida

Cruise Itinerary: Fort Lauderdale, Florida (24 Apr d1600); Basseterre, St. Kitts (27 Apr 0900-1800); Fort de France, Martinique (28 Apr 0800-1800); Bridgetown, Barbados (29 Apr 0800-1800); Castries, St Lucia (30 Apr 0700-1700); St Johns, Antigua (01 May 0700-1600); Fort Lauderdale, Florida (04 May a0700)

So you're saying Celebrity has the itinerary listed opposite of Cruise mapper/cruise time tables.  Interesting.  As long as you get to stop in the places you've bargained for, I wouldn't get too analed up about the order.  My instinct says that Celebrity website has it backwards.  If you really want to get anal about it, call them and ask what gives.  Either way. looks like a great itinerary!

The Port of St Lucia website shows Equinox docking on Apr 28 which is consistent with Celebrity's published itinerary. 

https://www.slaspa.com/media/attachments/2022/11/29/cruise-schedule-saint-lucia-2022-2023-updated-10-nov-20221.pdf

The pdf file appears to be dated Nov 2022 so its accuracy depends on how well it is kept up to date. 

Edited by mahdnc

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

The Port of St Lucia website shows Equinox docking on Apr 28 which is consistent with Celebrity's published itinerary. 

https://www.slaspa.com/media/attachments/2022/11/29/cruise-schedule-saint-lucia-2022-2023-updated-10-nov-20221.pdf

The pdf file appears to be dated Nov 2022 so its accuracy depends on how well it is kept up to date. 

I always try to find the actual websites for the ports like the one you located for St. Lucia. I used to look at third party websites like OP linked to but found they were sometimes not accurate. The schedules from the port are more reliable but even then as someone else posted port schedules change and the external sites lag being updated. 

Thanks everyone for the clarifications.  I doesn't really matter to me, but we do have independent excursions booked in 3 of the ports.  Never really worried but I do hear about port changes every now and then - know it is in the contract and nothing I can do about it.  Definatly going to have fun and go with the flow!  But, again, anal me likes to have my ducks in a row - lol!

Just now, mduffy1834 said:

Thanks everyone for the clarifications.  I doesn't really matter to me, but we do have independent excursions booked in 3 of the ports.  Never really worried but I do hear about port changes every now and then - know it is in the contract and nothing I can do about it.  Definatly going to have fun and go with the flow!  But, again, anal me likes to have my ducks in a row - lol!

Yes, shorex planning came immediately to mind when I saw the itinerary mismatches. 

Guest CunucuMom
6 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Port schedules change often.  Last 5 cruises have changed or missed one port on each cruise.  On your the order is different.   Does that matter?

Unless I'm missing something, I'd be concerned about the itinerary order if I had booked a non-X excursion or vehicle rental and held the reservation with a cc.

28 minutes ago, CunucuMom said:

Unless I'm missing something, I'd be concerned about the itinerary order if I had booked a non-X excursion or vehicle rental and held the reservation with a cc.

I would simply contact the vendor.  Those private shore excursion providers I have used for groups have always asked for the name of the ship and emailed confirmation of the dates, ship and time.

When I book as an individual,  once again the providers usually ask for the name of the ship and have a policy about refunding if there is a port change.  If not I usually book elsewhere.

As I already stated we have had ports changed or missed on our last 5 cruises with no notice until after we boarded.   The tour providers should get daily updates on port arrival details.

2 of those medical emergencies with zero notice.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

55 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

I would simply contact the vendor.  Those private shore excursion providers I have used for groups have always asked for the name of the ship and emailed confirmation of the dates, ship and time.

When I book as an individual,  once again the providers usually ask for the name of the ship and have a policy about refunding if there is a port change.  If not I usually book elsewhere.

As I already stated we have had ports changed or missed on our last 5 cruises with no notice until after we boarded.   The tour providers should get daily updates on port arrival details.

2 of those medical emergencies with zero notice.

agree.....all of our independent tour operators asked for the name of the ship when we booked.