Coffee Makers? Why not?

silverturtle

39 minutes ago, Jeafl said:

I'm sure that people would be taking all the k-cups home as souvenirs, much like people take the pens, paper, towel animals, table decorations, etc.  It's not cost effective for Carnival.

I don’t think NCL has issues with stolen coffee pods, hotels either. My husband seems to have limited taste buds and ALWAYS makes coffee in hotel rooms and cruise cabins if available.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeafl said:

I'm sure that people would be taking all the k-cups home as souvenirs, much like people take the pens, paper, towel animals, table decorations, etc.  It's not cost effective for Carnival.

Most hotels and on the NCL K-cups are not used.  Instead it's an all-in-one filter and coffee pod and unless you have a similar single cup coffee maker at home the pods would be pretty much useless.

I'm a very early riser and I don't want to wake my wife with room service or going in and out of the cabin door to get coffee from the buffet.  I think this is all a moot point since I doubt Carnival will ever put coffee makers in the cabins.

24 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

I think this is all a moot point since I doubt Carnival will ever put coffee makers in the cabins.

Carnival has no history of doing so other than a failed experiment or two and coffee makers will never be a profit center for Carnival.

I would say it is the cost.  They would have to put a coffee maker in every room.  And then coffee in every room (all the different blends plus tea and decaffeinated) and replace what is used everyday.  Then people would pack it in their bags so then they would have to replace twice as much...it's the same reason they don't supply the free toiletries anymore.  I don't drink coffee at all and don't want to have to pay for yours!  😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobysnacks70 said:

I would say it is the cost.  They would have to put a coffee maker in every room.  And then coffee in every room (all the different blends plus tea and decaffeinated) and replace what is used everyday.  Then people would pack it in their bags so then they would have to replace twice as much...it's the same reason they don't supply the free toiletries anymore.  I don't drink coffee at all and don't want to have to pay for yours!  😜

I’ve never seen a hotel or ship with “all of the different blends,” just regular/decaf/Lipton. I can’t imagine many folks taking it, pretty cheap stuff. NCL only had them for balcony or higher, now just if requested. Do other lines have coffee makers? I don’t think every stayed in a hotel room without one.

• Like 1

The in cabin coffee maker was one of the things that kept me coming back to NCL.  Unfortunately NCL made enough cost cutting changes the coffee maker alone wasn't enough to keep me coming back.  At this point it doesn't matter which cruise line I choose, with the exception of Princess.  Princess was a one and done for me.

I would be perfectly happy bringing my own pods or ground coffee if Carnival provided the coffee maker. I’ve heard Carnival’s complimentary coffee tastes nasty (haven’t had a chance to try it yet but I can report back on May 8 😉)

10 minutes ago, ruru107 said:

I would be perfectly happy bringing my own pods or ground coffee if Carnival provided the coffee maker. I’ve heard Carnival’s complimentary coffee tastes nasty (haven’t had a chance to try it yet but I can report back on May 8 😉)

I like Carnival's coffee. It's often very strong for me, so I have to cut it down with water.

33 minutes ago, ruru107 said:

It's perfectly fine.

(Says the guy who has maybe had 10 Starbucks coffees in his life..... $5 for a cup of Joe or whatever it costs is an unnecessary luxury.)

2 hours ago, ruru107 said:

We also find Carnival's coffee to be pretty good. Give it a try. I don't recall any complaints on here about it, and God knows everything gets poked and prodded in this forum, as it should be.

3 minutes ago, icft said:

We also find Carnival's coffee to be pretty good. Give it a try. I don't recall any complaints on here about it, and God knows everything gets poked and prodded in this forum, as it should be.

If you read enough posts on Cruise Critic, you'll eventually see complaints about practically everything on every cruise line...

I personally think the coffee is just fine.

Edited by staceyglow
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

I’ve never seen a hotel or ship with “all of the different blends,” just regular/decaf/Lipton. I can’t imagine many folks taking it, pretty cheap stuff. NCL only had them for balcony or higher, now just if requested. Do other lines have coffee makers? I don’t think every stayed in a hotel room without one.

Carnival used to have a dozen different teas on Lido to choose from and then suddenly, people started emptying the tea chest

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Elaine5715 said:

Carnival used to have a dozen different teas on Lido to choose from and then suddenly, people started emptying the tea chest

A testament to Carnival's target market these days 😁

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

People who can afford expensive things aren't necessarily classy...

And in these days of living on credit many of them can't really afford the expensive things they buy.