Celebrity newbie Equinox

PatandStu

7 hours ago, JLS07 said:

Actually the move is to the angled balconies. Those are about 1 1/2 times the size of a normal balcony. Any of them on any deck is well worth it. There are about 24 per deck. Middle facing back are the best. But any of them are better than any other normal veranda. 

The angle balconies are a different category now DV balconies 

Your cabin location is just fine. You only see the life boats while standing at the rail on the balcony, and they obscure very little of your view. The suite cabins on deck 12 also see life boars while at the rail of their balconies. 

11 hours ago, PatandStu said:

Why move? From the photos, it looks like balconies closer to midship look down in the lifeboats. 

Trust me-- when you are on the 9th deck standing on your balcony closer to mid ship, looking out , enjoying the cruise, the last thing you are going to be thinking about or even notice are the lifeboats 5 decks down. 

The 32 yr old with the bikini that you saw at the pool---- well, that's a different story ( LOL) !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They usually have a deal for specialty restaurants on reservations on the first night.. consider sunset dinner at Tuscan grill....nice view out of the back while sailing down the Florida coast. Also the first night can be hectic in the main dining room as everyone gets into the swing of things. Try the Sky lounge when departing various ports for a nice view out the front. I am not a big sun person, so I prefer this to the sunset bar.  For a quiet drink try the Ensemble Lounge outside Murano Restaurant they usually have a trio playing. Martini bar can get crazy but fun.. if too loud... try the Passport bar on deck 3... still get the grand foyer entertainment..but just a bit less noisy. We love the S class ship... many nice spots to sit and read if you want to do so outside your cabin and the sun... the library is a nice spot. If you like to walk the track.. try doing so at around 7 am before it gets busy...

Glad I found this, our first Celebrity cruise coming up in a month and I’ve been researching everything I can and still have some questions. My husband got the N/A package (he’s six months sober today 😀) but being Elite means I can get some cocktails between 6-8 pm I believe? If i want something by the pool I’ll just pay for it but are there certain places only where these (free) drinks are available? How are the shows on Equinox? Is it like RCL where you can’t book until embarkation day? Anything you recommend as a must see? Where’s the best place to go for lunch once we board that’s not too busy? How’s the chair hog situation? 😝

2 hours ago, punkinbits92 said:

I’m hoping we will be watching our hometown Bruins in the Stanley cup playoffs that week 😁

If there's any room on the Bruins bandwagon, can you reserve a spot for me ?

Never mind who I'm a fan of, but my crying towel is soaking wet.

Our university team could have, etc etc---- ah, forget it---- tooooo upsetting !!

• Haha 1

One more, if you had to choose one specially restaurant which would it be? Oh and one day we hope to be in the playoffs again, Detroit Red Wings have been in the “rebuilding years “ long enough!

1 hour ago, Ukigirl said:

Glad I found this, our first Celebrity cruise coming up in a month and I’ve been researching everything I can and still have some questions. My husband got the N/A package (he’s six months sober today 😀) but being Elite means I can get some cocktails between 6-8 pm I believe? If i want something by the pool I’ll just pay for it but are there certain places only where these (free) drinks are available? How are the shows on Equinox? Is it like RCL where you can’t book until embarkation day? Anything you recommend as a must see? Where’s the best place to go for lunch once we board that’s not too busy? How’s the chair hog situation? 😝

No show reservations on celebrity. Part of the reason I book them.  I don’t know what I want to do until it’s time to go. But show up early if you want a good seat.    

Chair hogs still a thing but mostly the prime spots around the pool.

I prefer Tuscan Grill first night at sunset for sail away dinner but lots of people will say they prefer the food in Murano.  We have yet to make it there as we usually sail Aqua and Blu is fine for us the rest of the nights.  

I honestly don’t remember where we ate embarkation day.  Buffet is open and pool bar.  There is a special lunch for concierge class. I honestly only remember going to check in for muster then heading up to the sunset bar.  🤷🏼‍♀️ 

8 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

Where are you cruising ?

it makes a difference regarding chair hogs , never really had a problem on Transatlantic or Mediterranean cruise 

Been on three RCL cruise never had to book a seat for the theatre, no need to book a seat on Celebrity

Where did you read you get drinks from 6 to 8 ? It is 5 to 7 at most bars , limited menu 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/captains-club-tiers-and-benefits-chart.pdf

Ok meant 5-7 for drinks. Good to know about not needing reservations, we’ll just look at the planner and decide on entertainment.  We are in veranda room so no Blu for us and  only specialty restaurant we booked is Sushi so far. I expect chair hogs to be out in full force since it’s a Caribbean cruise but since there’s only two of us and we love the view of the ocean vs the pool, I’m sure we’ll find a spot. Thanks for the replies!

On 4/12/2023 at 10:48 AM, PatandStu said:

TA checked, angled balconies mid-ship are not part of the sweet deal we got. We’ll stay where we are. 
Looking forward to celebrating my Dutch heritage on this cruise!

Pat

I agree with @Ex-Airbalancer that a move in the same category to the flat part of the hump is a much better location.  Where you are that far forward you are going to feel more movement and the location is less convenient.   The 3 available cabins that were pointed out while close to the elevators have a wall forming a hallway between those cabins and the elevators so it is very quiet with very little foot traffic.   I've sailed on Equinox 11 times generally in those angled balcony's but the cabins on the flat part of the hump would be my second choice.   Please reconsider.

FYI if your documentation from your TA mentions Always Included or something like that it indicates you have the Bev package, wifi and gratuities included.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pinboy said:

If there's any room on the Bruins bandwagon, can you reserve a spot for me ?

Never mind who I'm a fan of, but my crying towel is soaking wet.

Our university team could have, etc etc---- ah, forget it---- tooooo upsetting !!

There's always room for one more 🙂  They have had an incredible season this year.  There's no crying in hockey!

Unfortunately, moving cabins at this point results in more $.  It was an awesome deal and I’m not sure the added cost will be worth it. I don’t mind walking - it’s not as large a ship as my previous cruises. As far as motion, neither of us is affected. 
I’ll have my ta keep an eye out for pricing on the suggestions though! 
Appreciate it. 
Pat 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PatandStu said:

Unfortunately, moving cabins at this point results in more $.  It was an awesome deal and I’m not sure the added cost will be worth it. I don’t mind walking - it’s not as large a ship as my previous cruises. As far as motion, neither of us is affected. 
I’ll have my ta keep an eye out for pricing on the suggestions though! 
Appreciate it. 
Pat 

Glad you like your cabin 

but it does not cost anything to move your cabin as long it is when in the same category

• Like 1

You've picked my favorite Celebrity ship and my favorite Caribbean itinerary.  In fact, sailed it on a B2B this past January, and have it booked again for a B2B next January.  You've already gotten a lot of tips.  One more is to see if there is a Roll Call for your cruise and join it, or if not create one.  You can get lots of tips that way as well.  As to weather, yes that is hurricane season but hurricanes do not generally go that far southwest.  You could possibly have to reroute to get there if one develops, or perhaps you could encounter some rain, but your odds of good weather for that location are very good regardless of the time of year.

13 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

Celebrity is not known for fantastic production shows, but Equinox happens to have one of my favorites - Topper.  The topic is a bit weird but I love the music.  Their guest entertainment changes regularly so can't comment on that.  Sometimes it's excellent; sometimes not so much.  The lounge entertainment is generally quite good.  

On 4/11/2023 at 9:27 AM, 39august said:

I believe that there is free coffee from about 8 AM on deck 7 behind the mid ship elevators as well of course 24 hrs at the buffet, Ocean View Cafe. There is also  free coffee at Spa Cafe from about 7:30 AM to around 2 PM. 

My cabin is on deck 7 that should be handy.

Oh wait, I will be on the Millennium. Will it be there on that ship? 

Edited by Tinknock50

22 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

One more, if you had to choose one specially restaurant which would it be? Oh and one day we hope to be in the playoffs again, Detroit Red Wings have been in the “rebuilding years “ long enough!

Tuscan grill for the view, more of a steak house type menu with generous portions. Murano is more of a foodie experience..with table side cooking of some items..only place with real lit candles. I like both.. have not been to Le Petit Chef... seems even more of an entertainment focus. 

we're new to Celebrity, looking at the Equinox in November, but the only dining option is 8:30 pm, there is a waiting list for anytime and 6:00pm.  We were told just go talk to the Maitre Dee and he can adjust our time to be able to eat earlier - "they do it all the time".  Anyone know if this is true? 8:30 pm is a deal breaker for us unfortunately

2 minutes ago, WebberGirl said:

we're new to Celebrity, looking at the Equinox in November, but the only dining option is 8:30 pm, there is a waiting list for anytime and 6:00pm.  We were told just go talk to the Maitre Dee and he can adjust our time to be able to eat earlier - "they do it all the time".  Anyone know if this is true? 8:30 pm is a deal breaker for us unfortunately

People will cancel so there will be openings 

• Like 1