So confused, Barefoot Beach Cabanas

Are they strictly reserved for Suite customers? We are in a Balcony Cabin yet the site allowed me to book a Standard Cabana on Barefoot Beach. Will we be turned away at the entrance to the beach or the fact that we paid for one takes priority?

Thanks for all the answers.

Dolby1000

Barefoot Beach Cabana's are only for suite or pinnacle guests.  You can reserve one, and get assigned typically a day before, or when you go to the beach.  We used to rent- but found that some at the rear weren't great.  I also strongly suggest that you bring bug spray- we got our legs bitten by some sand flees.  Is the poster sure he didn't book a cabana at Nellies Beach which is open to all non suite guests?  I would call to verify.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Barefoot Beach Cabana's are only for suite or pinnacle guests.  You can reserve one, and get assigned typically a day before, or when you go to the beach.  We used to rent- but found that some at the rear weren't great.  I also strongly suggest that you bring bug spray- we got our legs bitten by some sand flees.  Is the poster sure he didn't book a cabana at Nellies Beach which is open to all non suite guests?  I would call to verify.

Barefoot beach cabanas are often open for anyone to book....you don't just have to be in a suite or pinnacle.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Barefoot beach cabanas are often open for anyone to book....you don't just have to be in a suite or pinnacle.

As per bajathree anyone can now book them. RC changed it a while ago from just suites and Pinnacles.  Back then, you couldn’t book them on-line either. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

They used to provide suite guests with an upgraded lunch also.  No longer?

Didn’t seem upgraded on our last cruise unless you think barbecue chicken and burgers are an upgrade.  With that said, the food was good and hit the spot for us.  It was nice eating in an area

that wasn’t overcrowded.  That was probably the main benefit to the suites area lunch.  

Edited by topnole

I don’t know if you get to choose your cabana, but last month when I was there I thought some of them were not in very desirable locations. I don’t think I would have been happy if I paid for a cabana and then found out it was at the back of the beach area near the food stand. 

10 hours ago, topnole said:

Didn’t seem upgraded on our last cruise unless you think barbecue chicken and burgers are an upgrade.  With that said, the food was good and hit the spot for us.  It was nice eating in an area

that wasn’t overcrowded.  That was probably the main benefit to the suites area lunch.  

Shrimp and shrimp salad.  I don't believe those items are on the standard buffet.   There is a watermelon/Feta salad (Not sure of that is on the standard buffet,) and grilled veggies.  Food trays are small and replenished often with fresh hot food.  And as you mentioned, a nice and not crowded eating area. 

M

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Shrimp and shrimp salad.  I don't believe those items are on the standard buffet.   There is a watermelon/Feta salad (Not sure of that is on the standard buffet,) and grilled veggies.  Food trays are small and replenished often with fresh hot food.  And as you mentioned, a nice and not crowded eating area. 

M

My understanding is it varies by ship.  I think our last visit was Harmony in December.  The CK manager is the one who organized it and I think that is standard for Oasis class ships.  Not sure how it works on the freedom class and older ships.  My guess is the buffet probably varies ship to ship and even week to week on the same ship depending on supplies.  Regardless, I think it used to be much more upgraded.  I didn’t really care as I just wanted some good food on the beach and the barbecue hit the spot.  It wasn’t fancy, but it was quite good as I recall.  

Sort of the same topic (Barefoot Beach Cabanas), what is the general consensus on the Barefoot Beach - hilltop cabana vs the over water cabanas?  We can get the hilltop for $400 cheaper and they don't look to be any further from the water then the over water versions.

Barefoot Beach Cabanas on Royal Caribbean's Labadee - iCruiseSmart 

14 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Yes, I know what I booked. Nellies Beach Cabana's were a couple of hundred dollars more. My confirmation says Barefoot Beach Standard Cabana.

Thanks to all for the answers, I can stop worrying now.

Dolby1000

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

Sort of the same topic (Barefoot Beach Cabanas), what is the general consensus on the Barefoot Beach - hilltop cabana vs the over water cabanas?  We can get the hilltop for $400 cheaper and they don't look to be any further from the water then the over water versions.

Barefoot Beach Cabanas on Royal Caribbean's Labadee - iCruiseSmart 

I’ve stayed in those pre pandemic. They are great but unless you get the one on the far end, the water is a little hard to access. There is a path that goes up the hill behind the cabanas.  It starts at the beach and ends in a pool ladder that provides access