Extraordinary Savings Sale

Flatbush Flyer

On 4/16/2023 at 1:24 PM, tigerfan75 said:

FF, just a note to say THANKS for the post.  Worked with my TA on Friday and saved thousands on a sailing later this year....so much so, that I upgraded to our first PH.  I hope I don't regret it, as the wife may come to like it too much.  Look forward to seeing you and Lydia again on another cruise (we met on the Marina B2B2B Barcelona to Miami).  Keep up the good work in educating us newbies...

I also booked this deal for our 2 cabins. We took 1 perk.  Big difference in price. There is no problem as I see on the sept 26th sailing. Penthouse and bone are either sold out or guarantees.

we are on the Riveria…her refurbishing is amazing. The art work is beautiful.

• Thanks 2

We're in a similar situation. Paid in full for July cruise which is now being offered for thousands of $ less. Contacted our TA, who will not be able to contact O until Tuesday. Will O work with me directly tomorrow? Does anyone have experience with working with O directly, when the TA is not available?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fairwinds789 said:

We're in a similar situation. Paid in full for July cruise which is now being offered for thousands of $ less. Contacted our TA, who will not be able to contact O until Tuesday. Will O work with me directly tomorrow? Does anyone have experience with working with O directly, when the TA is not available?

Most well respected Travel Agencies will have a backup Agent or, their own Customer Services Dept. personnel who could handle things that need to be addressed sooner than later.

That said, when it comes to fare based modifications, Oceania will not work directly with a TA’s account.
Though we don’t know all your circumstances, the biggest problem delay could cause would be if your cabin class availability disappears between now and whenever your TA contacts O to make any allowable change.

I just booked our first Oceania cruise, but I'm confused about the discounts. Our cruise showed three discounts: 1) Extraordinary Savings, 2)O-Life Choice, and 3) O-Life Ultimate. When my TA provided me with the price, I was told that I could get the Extraordinary Savings and O-Life choice discounts OR I could get the O-Life Ultimate package, but not all three. Is that correct? Has anyone been able to get both the Extraordinary Savings discount and the O-Life Ultimate package for their cruise?

53 minutes ago, Cruisin 999 said:

I just booked our first Oceania cruise, but I'm confused about the discounts. Our cruise showed three discounts: 1) Extraordinary Savings, 2)O-Life Choice, and 3) O-Life Ultimate. When my TA provided me with the price, I was told that I could get the Extraordinary Savings and O-Life choice discounts OR I could get the O-Life Ultimate package, but not all three. Is that correct? Has anyone been able to get both the Extraordinary Savings discount and the O-Life Ultimate package for their cruise?

You get one deal

Extraordinary Savings 

I think  it still includes  1 Olife choice Perk drink package  OR  excursions OR  OBC

Maybe someone who took that deal will comment

Pick the one that works best for you

16 hours ago, LHT28 said:

You get one deal

Extraordinary Savings 

I think  it still includes  1 Olife choice Perk drink package  OR  excursions OR  OBC

Maybe someone who took that deal will comment

Pick the one that works best for you

Hi, we took the deal.  We lost the Ultimate but retained 1 OLife (you can choose, drink pkg, shore excursions or on board credit.  We saved $5000 and took the excursions as I had already booked 7 of them!  Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Sorry if this has been asked/answered already:

Has anyone been successful getting the Extraordinary Savings prices applied to a cruise that is already booked before final payment?  It looks like we could potentially get cost-neutral upgrade with this sale, if it is possible for an old booking.

8 minutes ago, Psoque said:

... Has anyone been successful getting the Extraordinary Savings prices applied to a cruise that is already booked before final payment?...

We upgraded two later in 2023 Med cruises on Riviera that were booked from 2022. But for us that mean going from an F to an A3 for one and from a B4 to a B3. That 2nd one was originally booked as a C in April 2022, then went to a B4 on a cabin-upgrade sale in May 2022, and now to a B3 (saving us $500 PP just on the cabin alone).

32 minutes ago, Psoque said:

Has anyone been successful getting the Extraordinary Savings prices applied to a cruise that is already booked before final payment?  It looks like we could potentially get cost-neutral upgrade with this sale, if it is possible for an old booking.

Yes I am asking the same thing for a 20 day TA , Nov 13. It's two legs, only one is on sale. Seems there is no way to benefit from the sale price without losing other benefits like air and prep econ. Seems like a draw.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Yes I am asking the same thing for a 20 day TA , Nov 13. It's two legs, only one is on sale. Seems there is no way to benefit from the sale price without losing other benefits like air and prep econ. Seems like a draw.

You can NOT stack one sale on top of another.

So when I saved $500 going from the B4 to the B3 I had originally booked in the May 2022 cabin-upgrade sale, I gave that sale up and accepted the terms of the new one (a no-brainer at the new $1749 PP price versus the old $2249 PP price!). Same when I moved from the F to the A3. The F had a discount off of it. But I had to pay the new fare, which was offset by the OBC that I can use for the gratuity. So $1899-1615=$284-$180=a MERE $104 increase (F to A3!).

I ALWAYS do the "O Math" for each cruise on sale I'm interested in but already have a booking for. Passed on the 20th Anniversary and OLife Ultimate, both earlier in 2023, that saved mere pennies on the dollar compared to massive cabin-upgrade sale savings.

2 hours ago, Psoque said:

Call & ask   the online price  may not be the same as your  sale price

Yes I did the math as well. When we booked, we got good rate on air and only 149 for prem econ. That would vanish. Paying for our own air would be far more than what we save on the sale.

Had it not been for that, we would have gone ahead and benefitted from the sale.

My travel agent called Oceania about upgrading or shipboard credit for our August 5th sealing on the Riviera. Oceania said they would be happy to help but since our Catagory B4 is sold out they couldn’t do anything. On the extraordinary sale they are offering Balcony cabins for a couple thousand less and Penthouse cabins for about what we paid.

Has any one tried to pay for a small upgrade to higher Balcony cabin that is not sold out to receive an additional upgrade or on board credit?

Just an idea I had.

Thanks for your replies,

Gangway

20 hours ago, Cruisin 999 said:

We got both ESS and O'life Ultimate. Even our TA was shocked.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gangway said:

... Has any one tried to pay for a small upgrade to higher Balcony cabin that is not sold out to receive an additional upgrade or on board credit?

Went F to A3 on one cruise for the ESS. Cost $284 PP but we save $180 PP gratuities. And B4 to B3 for another under the ESS. Here saved $500 PP on the cabin plus $180 PP for gratuities. (We took OBC as our 1 OLIfe choice. To pay for the gratuities. We didn't have any OLife choice off the other sale and discount we'd previously booked these two cruises.)

• Like 1

@Gangway

IMHO, if you can move up to a Riviera Penthouse for what you already have spent for your current booking, GRAB IT.   The benefits of the PH are very nice and Riviera is beautiful and you are out no more $. 
Again, JMHO, 

Mauibabes

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gangway said:

My travel agent called Oceania about upgrading or shipboard credit for our August 5th sealing on the Riviera. Oceania said they would be happy to help but since our Catagory B4 is sold out they couldn’t do anything. On the extraordinary sale they are offering Balcony cabins for a couple thousand less and Penthouse cabins for about what we paid.

Has any one tried to pay for a small upgrade to higher Balcony cabin that is not sold out to receive an additional upgrade or on board credit?

Just an idea I had.

Thanks for your replies,

Gangway

Get your TA to work out  a favourable  upgrade  with the deal

I am surprised they did not do this  for you

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Get your TA to work out  a favourable  upgrade  with the deal

I am surprised they did not do this  for you

I was hoping for this, but maybe it's time for me to get a different TA.  He refused to do this because he had to be on hold on the phone for 90 min.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Psoque said:

I was hoping for this, but maybe it's time for me to get a different TA.  He refused to do this because he had to be on hold on the phone for 90 min.

YIKES  

You would think they would have  other ways to contact O

That is too bad 

3 hours ago, Psoque said:

Wow, that's awful. Yes a good ta is hard to find. 

I will be asking around on the next cruise. Really too bad we can't name names here. Not sure if on that other site they are allowed to do it either.

We are allowed to name tour providers. Not sure why that is allowed, that's also advertising.

• Like 1